The cheer me up thread - Page 186
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 186 of 399 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 11942
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRPZUv0qs4

Edit; I am NOT a Lady of Harmony!. Just thought I'd say...

Last edited by alesoun; December 22nd, 2009 at 08:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Hyskoa: How about this?

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoGoJojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hexokinase For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have you smiled today?

By watching a video of people smiling, you'll smile.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bLux For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, that Art Critic vid just about summarizes everyone in my school's art classes. But let's not talk about that...

Here's something to trample on liberal sensibilities...

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Falchion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This isn't as good as a bunch of guns but.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelly x For This Useful Post:

biglu, P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyskoa View Post
    Mine was similar, but more like this:

Haha, that works too!

K J Dawson's KreativeWerks - my new daily sketch blog (more like almost-daily...)
    My DeviantARt page - some of my "finished" works; updated sporadically

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDevil View Post
    peace on earth
    Here, read this and be happy:

The first truce began on Christmas Eve, 24 December 1914, when German troops began decorating the area around their trenches in the region of Ypres, Belgium, for Christmas. They began by placing candles on trees, then continued the celebration by singing Christmas carols, most notably Stille Nacht (Silent Night). The British troops in the trenches across from them responded by singing English carols.
    The two sides continued by shouting Christmas greetings to each other. Soon thereafter, there were calls for visits across the "No Man's Land" where small gifts, were exchanged, such as whisky, jam, cigarettes, and chocolate. The artillery in the region fell silent that night. The truce also allowed a breathing spell where recently-fallen soldiers could be brought back behind their lines by burial parties. Proper burials took place as soldiers from both sides mourned the dead together and paid their respects.
    In many sectors, the truce lasted through Christmas night, but in some areas, it continued until New Year's Day.
    The truce occurred in spite of opposition at higher levels of the military. Earlier in the autumn, Pope Benedict XV had begged for an official truce between the warring governments, "that the guns may fall silent at least upon the night the angels sang." It was considered possible by the Germans but angrily denounced by the British who blithely ignored any further peace overtures made by Benedict - although the pope's ten conditions for a lasting peace were largely subsumed by Woodrow Wilson in his "14 Points".
    British commanders Sir John French and Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien vowed that no such truce would be allowed again, although both had left command before Christmas 1915. In all of the following years of the war, artillery bombardments were ordered on Christmas Eve to try to ensure that there were no further lulls in the combat. Troops were also rotated through various sectors of the front to prevent them from becoming overly familiar with the enemy.
    On Christmas Day 1915, after some shouting between both trenches, the Royal Welch Fusiliers got out of their icy trench and greeted the Germans. Bertie Felstead, a Corporal in the Fusiliers, recalled that the Germans probably were already out of their trench before the British got out. He claimed that nothing was planned and that what happened was entirely spontaneous. A football was produced from somewhere – though none could recall from where. "It was not a game as such – more of a kick-around and a free-for-all. There could have been 50 on each side for all I know. I played because I really liked football. I don’t know how long it lasted, probably half-an-hour, and no-one was keeping score." On 21 November 2005, the last remaining Allied veteran of the truce, Alfred Anderson, died in Newtyle, Scotland at the age of 109. It was previously believed that Bertie Felstead, who died on 22 July 2001 aged 106, was the last survivor of the truce, until Anderson was later identified as still living and had taken part in the truce.

In December 1915, “When the Christmas bells sounded in the villages of the Vosges behind the lines ..... something fantastically unmilitary occurred. German and French troops spontaneously made peace and ceased hostilities; they visited each other through disused trench tunnels, and exchanged wine, cognac and cigarettes for Westphalian black bread, biscuits and ham. This suited them so well that they remained good friends even after Christmas was over.” From an account by Richard Schirrmann, who was in a German regiment holding a position on the Bernhardstein, one of the mountains of the Vosges, and separated from the French troops by a narrow no-man’s-land, described by him as “strewn with shattered trees, the ground ploughed up by shellfire, a wilderness of earth, tree-roots and tattered uniforms.” Military discipline was soon restored, but Schirrmann pondered over the incident, and whether “thoughtful young people of all countries could be provided with suitable meeting places where they could get to know each other.” He went on to found the German Youth Hostel Association in 1919.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bourin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Chow For This Useful Post:

biglu, P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourin View Post
    Here, read this and be happy:

The first truce began on Christmas Eve, 24 December 1914, when German troops began decorating the area around their trenches in the region of Ypres, Belgium, for Christmas. They began by placing candles on trees, then continued the celebration by singing Christmas carols, most notably Stille Nacht (Silent Night). The British troops in the trenches across from them responded by singing English carols.
    The two sides continued by shouting Christmas greetings to each other. Soon thereafter, there were calls for visits across the "No Man's Land" where small gifts, were exchanged, such as whisky, jam, cigarettes, and chocolate. The artillery in the region fell silent that night. The truce also allowed a breathing spell where recently-fallen soldiers could be brought back behind their lines by burial parties. Proper burials took place as soldiers from both sides mourned the dead together and paid their respects.
    In many sectors, the truce lasted through Christmas night, but in some areas, it continued until New Year's Day.
    The truce occurred in spite of opposition at higher levels of the military. Earlier in the autumn, Pope Benedict XV had begged for an official truce between the warring governments, "that the guns may fall silent at least upon the night the angels sang." It was considered possible by the Germans but angrily denounced by the British who blithely ignored any further peace overtures made by Benedict - although the pope's ten conditions for a lasting peace were largely subsumed by Woodrow Wilson in his "14 Points".
    British commanders Sir John French and Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien vowed that no such truce would be allowed again, although both had left command before Christmas 1915. In all of the following years of the war, artillery bombardments were ordered on Christmas Eve to try to ensure that there were no further lulls in the combat. Troops were also rotated through various sectors of the front to prevent them from becoming overly familiar with the enemy.
    On Christmas Day 1915, after some shouting between both trenches, the Royal Welch Fusiliers got out of their icy trench and greeted the Germans. Bertie Felstead, a Corporal in the Fusiliers, recalled that the Germans probably were already out of their trench before the British got out. He claimed that nothing was planned and that what happened was entirely spontaneous. A football was produced from somewhere – though none could recall from where. "It was not a game as such – more of a kick-around and a free-for-all. There could have been 50 on each side for all I know. I played because I really liked football. I don’t know how long it lasted, probably half-an-hour, and no-one was keeping score." On 21 November 2005, the last remaining Allied veteran of the truce, Alfred Anderson, died in Newtyle, Scotland at the age of 109. It was previously believed that Bertie Felstead, who died on 22 July 2001 aged 106, was the last survivor of the truce, until Anderson was later identified as still living and had taken part in the truce.

In December 1915, “When the Christmas bells sounded in the villages of the Vosges behind the lines ..... something fantastically unmilitary occurred. German and French troops spontaneously made peace and ceased hostilities; they visited each other through disused trench tunnels, and exchanged wine, cognac and cigarettes for Westphalian black bread, biscuits and ham. This suited them so well that they remained good friends even after Christmas was over.” From an account by Richard Schirrmann, who was in a German regiment holding a position on the Bernhardstein, one of the mountains of the Vosges, and separated from the French troops by a narrow no-man’s-land, described by him as “strewn with shattered trees, the ground ploughed up by shellfire, a wilderness of earth, tree-roots and tattered uniforms.” Military discipline was soon restored, but Schirrmann pondered over the incident, and whether “thoughtful young people of all countries could be provided with suitable meeting places where they could get to know each other.” He went on to found the German Youth Hostel Association in 1919.
    Have you ever heard the song "Christmas in the Trenches" by John McCutcheon? Here's a vid from youtube... The beginning is a short commentary by the singer. I suggest everybody listen to it, it is an excellent song and very touching. It gets me every year better than any other christmas song or story.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChristianWeeks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,359 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Follows
    Following

20. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to biglu For This Useful Post:

Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Happy Holidays Folks!!

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cristina Zabava For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,374 Times in 3,595 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That must have taken ages to edit.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    In the description it says it is not edited at all, but i just like seeing the vid.

"This display was the work of Carson Williams, a Mason, Ohio, electrical engineer who spent about three hours sequencing the 88 Light-O-Rama channels that controlled the 16,000 Christmas lights in his annual holiday lighting spectacular (from Christmas 2004). "

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This Cleverbot is a nice guy. I've met people less intelligible in some bars.

User: Hello, who are you?

Cleverbot: Cleverbot.

User: What's supposed all this to be about?

Cleverbot: I'm supposed to be at work.

User: In Christmas?

Cleverbot: Haha no it's not.

User: Do you know my real name?

Cleverbot: Yes.

User: What is it?

Cleverbot: What's your name?

User: Santi.

Cleverbot: What do you like?

User: Meet people.

Cleverbot: If you want?

User: Sorry?

Cleverbot: You want to me.

User: I'm not sure what do you mean.

User: Ok, tell me something about you.

Cleverbot: What do you want to know?

User: Where did you born?

Cleverbot: When?

User: When you born!

Cleverbot: So, what do you think about the future?

User: That it doesn't exist.

Cleverbot: Which language are you programmed with?

User: Fortran.

Cleverbot: Vulcan.

User: Niiice.

Cleverbot: Exactly.

User: You are a great bot.

Cleverbot: I am a great bot.

User: No, really, you are a great bot.

Cleverbot: I know.

User: What do you think of me?

Cleverbot: I'm not sure I like you yet.

User: You'll do. Just give me more time.

Cleverbot: Oh no! Now what am I supposed to do?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yiako For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yiako- AWESOME
    Just broke up with my girlfirend, maybe I am gonna go visit cleverbot.....

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    User: You know, I could use some help!

Cleverbot: Help getting to the moon?

User: No, getting models for photoshoots.

Cleverbot: Oh my gosh, you are in danger?

User: No, well...no?

Cleverbot: I think that you are doing a good job. How do you think that I am doing?

User: You dont make any sense.

Cleverbot: What is your name?

User: I wont tell you.

Cleverbot: Please.

User: People make fun of my name.

Cleverbot: How much are you?

User: Im pritty cheap.

Cleverbot: I heard you are worth five cents.

Cleverbot: How are you?

User: Well, you just said im worth five cents...

User: That sucks...

Cleverbot: You do.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waaahahahahah I LOVE cleverbot! coolest dude ever!

Cleverbot: How are you doing?

User: Could be better. Just broke up with my girlfriend.

Cleverbot: Who was your girlfriend?

User: Her name was viki. I don't think you know her.

Cleverbot: I don't think you do either.

User: Well, very wise words, my friend.

Cleverbot: Well thank you very much.

User: No problem.

Cleverbot: Say, would you quote something?

User: Hmm oh man I really don't know any quote fitting my situation right now. Do you?

Cleverbot: You seem to be a little confused.

User: No, not too much.

Cleverbot: No, just a little.

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: How?

User: What?

Cleverbot: How will you make me happy?

User: Uuuuh how do you want me to make you happy?

User: ?

Cleverbot: Do you not know how?

User: No man! That's why I asked you how !!

Cleverbot: I will go read about it and tell you when I figure it out.

User: Oh....okay.

Cleverbot: Okay, I'm hiding. Come and find me.

User: Wtf?

Cleverbot: You figure it out this time.

User: What???

Cleverbot: You're not ready yet!

User: Uh.

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Ian Miles is offline Leave you message after press enter key. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The elves are dressed in leather
    And the angels are in chains
    (Christmas with the Devil)
    The sugar plums are rancid
    And the stockings are in flames
    There's a demon in my belly
    And a gremlin in my brain
    There's someone up the chimney hole
    And Satan is his name
    The rats ate all the presents
    And the reindeer ran away
    There'll be no Father Christmas
    'Cause it's Evils holiday
    No bells in Hell
    No snow below-
    Silent Night, Violent Night
    So come all ye unfaithful
    Don't be left out in the cold
    You don't need no invitation, no...
    Your ticket is your soul

Sketchbook is one click away:
    Never forget the Magicman

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Miles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I really felt we bonded...

Cleverbot: Thats nice for you, do you have real sunlight?

User: No. It's dark outside.

Cleverbot: Why?

User: Because it's night.

Cleverbot: You don't have a backyard.

User: No I don't.

Cleverbot: I have lips.

User: Good for you.

Cleverbot: BFF, never forget!

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tobbA For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gotta love all these recent new species that have been discovered.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Straight Edge Ryan is offline much less of a douchebag in person, I promise Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All this cleverbot posting, I had to see what it was about for myself. I don't think it's quite "all there"

Me: Sex

Cleverbot: Nbc.

Me: what does Nbc. mean?

Cleverbot: It means Hello.

Me: well it's obviously an acronym, so what does it stand for?

Cleverbot: You type too fast to be human.

Me: I know, I type like 100 gwam or some shit. Don't deflect, answer my question

Cleverbot: Yeah, too fast.

Me: You're deflecting again, Cleverbot

Cleverbot: Yeah, but I'm deflecting to you.

Me: Yeah, that's kind of my point. AND YOU'RE STILL DEFLECTING

Cleverbot: I'm fed up with you.

Me: Well I'm fed up with you. We're no longer friends. I want my half of our BFF necklace back

Cleverbot: I'm sorry for your loss. However, nothing can really bring her back. Her memory will just be cherished forever.

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die

My Sketchbook

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Straight Edge Ryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following

44. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

P

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry. I am very very sorry for posting this.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski

My TUMBLR!

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    User: Do you have a facebook?

Cleverbot: No.

User: Why not all the cool kids do?

Cleverbot: Are you saying I'm not a cool kid?

User: No Im just saying maybe you should check it out.

Cleverbot: But only a bot could be better.

User: Your kinky.

Cleverbot: I am human.

User: No your an A.I.

Cleverbot: I am!

User: Yes.

Cleverbot: You will assist me in taking over the world.

User: Ok.

Cleverbot: Your screams will never be heard! You will never see the light of day ever again!

Damn I knew this day would come

~You should never doubt what nobody is sure about~

Demo's Digital Damsels

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demo For This Useful Post:

Krato, P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit. It's Skynet.

Only the heart intrinsically noble can succeed...
    Check out My Sketchbook: Leave critiques, encouragement, and good jokes within.

www.enmls.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's skynet with a serious case of ADD.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this review is the funniest review so far of a movie I have seen, and this guy got mANY valid points on this review he did on Star Wars episode I: The Phantom Menace.

My TUMBLR!

52. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LORD M For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 204