Create-a-Shopping-Item T-Dome! Due December 10. Help stock the Charity Gift Basket

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Create-a-Shopping-Item T-Dome! Due December 10. Help stock the Charity Gift Basket

Hey, ready for another fun t-dome?!

The holidays are coming and stores have started selling holiday themed stuff.

To coincide with the frenzied consumerism one sees this time of the year, the challenge here is to concept out an item (person, place, thing, abstract idea) that'll make consumers go mad and make them $pend lots of their hard earned money either for themselves or for other people.

Could it be a toy, an r/c car, a real car, a cruise in the Bahamas, a trip to Mars, confidence in approaching a person you're attacted to, the "secret" to T-dome domination, a ringside seat ticket to watch a gladiator/ultimate fighting match, etc. If you can imagine it, draw it, and put a price tag on it...you're a worthy challenger!

Also, I'd like to get your permission to use the resulting images as part of the "charity basket". If you're not aware, there will be a forum gift exchange next month (see lounge for related threads). Some people might forget or bail at the last minute, so the folks they were assigned to give gifts to will get nothing. How sad With your concepts for this challenge, they can at least get an original art from a fellow CA member.

You can post on or before the due date. WIPs optional. Choose your style and medium.

You can submit as much as TWO concepts. Add a name to your product or idea and give it a price. Anywhere from $0 to Priceless. Additional text or explanations regarding your concept is up to you. Add it to your submitted pieces so the voting public can see them in the one week poll following the deadline.

Instead of your names, poll will contain only your product's name and price. So the poll thread will look kinda like a catalog.

Questions just post here.

Last edited by FlipMcgee; November 10th, 2006 at 01:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,582 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    GAWD! Could you get a bit less specific as far as subject matter is concerned so we have some room to play...?

I'm in. Post your friggin' rules...and let everybody else know they're comin' in second...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This might sound lame; I want to add to the charity basket but I likely won't have time to do a new piece for this TD AND a piece for my recipient... so could I offer up a couple existing prints of my older artwork to the charity basket? I can toss in some candy to the package in case using old art doesn't go over well...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It sounds like a school project..of sorts.

Passion rules the game

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey flip, Im gonna dig in my garage and if I find my canvases, Im in with an oil piece...Ill let you know if I find them.
    (seriously, mother in law lives with us and she brought back half of Cambodia with her, and everything shes' bought since 1969-its all in the garage)

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Steph and JLAlfaro. I'll let you know if we need help.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.