Art: Finished at last! Lord Almighty, finished at last!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finished at last! Lord Almighty, finished at last!

I am glad that I can say that I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't swear.

Shit, I do drink and smoke.

MyBlog: http://worldofmishimi.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,678 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's awfully monochromatic. It almost looks like a grayscale image with a colored face.
    Try playing around with some color balance and hue/saturation adjustment layers. Here's an example:

Attached Images Attached Images  

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for making an effort to show me what u mean . Point well taken. Something like this??

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -The first things that jumps up at me is the (what Im assuming is) the armor on the right leg - its too bright and comes forward and almost makes it look like its part of the gun..or is it? I cant tell...

-The floating cape could be more interesting - its has the same shape on both sides and a bit boring

-The curving of the armor is not convincing - the perspective looks looks flat...maybe it should cut in faster?

-The head and the two domes of the building line up almost perfectly and your trying to fit too much at the top left with the Zeppelin...looks too crowded..maybe expand your canvas a bit

-The pose overall needs some more work - its a bit stiff. I'm not feeling that weight shift on his right hip. I get what youre trying to do -but it looks as if his right leg (which again is more pronounced by the armor) is much bigger than the left leg closer to us, so its coming forward. Its his left leg that should be coming forward balancing all the weight that's on his right.

-the shape created by the bullets isnt working - it almost mirrors the shape/size of the gun on the flip side. I would also break the gun more from the silhouette of the figure..look how it almost lines up
    with the elbow and if I squint - it disappears.

I hope all that makes sense

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first i want to say that the image is awesome and i never could have done this with PS(?)...especially the helmet is a very good detail
    i liked the first version a bit more than the second

i think that yellow don't fit into the industrial ambiente...the lords looks a bit more human and a bit less machine alike...and the gun looses some of it's dangerous atmosphere...maybe add some smog,rain or dark clouds against the grey sky and a lightning in blue or (dark)red for contrast

grz funghi from yuggoth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is this from anyway? I agree you should play around with some more color adjustment. The gatling gun seems to be floating. Cool armor design and very nice work on your background!

SSG 37The Show Must Go On!
    | Bard |

| My Sketchbook |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks all of you on helpful crits!

RASCAR - Er....the amour below his waist is not on his right leg, its sorta armadillo loin cloth, it hangs between the legs. I feared it would give a wrong impression. I sorta wanted him to look like he just turned around and is poised to charge with his gatling. Anyways, all your remarks r on the spot and very helpful

FUGHI: After having compared the colored version with the original, sepia one, I sort of thought that the original fits in better in steampunk context. I loved the feel of the "Sky Captain..." film, so I sorta wanted to apply that here. On the other hand, I could be wrong as Elwell implied.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsign
    What is this from anyway? I agree you should play around with some more color adjustment. The gatling gun seems to be floating. Cool armor design and very nice work on your background!

Hey dude! This is something like an idea for a comic book hero. The storry would be set in an alternate 1860s Berlin with all the steamy gadgets you can think of.

The hero would be a demented, dellusional maniac who would think of himself as a vigilanty. He would end up blowing things up and wreaking havoc, thus creating more harm than good.

Pretty lame concept, huh?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.