Art: Official visit...

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Official visit...

Wings 3D modeling and Bryce 3 rendering:

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    no replies yet? I think this is pretty sweet - i don't know what it is...but it's cool the color and the shape work very well together - it's fun to see a piece of 3d art that doesn't have guns or electronics in it i'm not sure about the floor though - i'd almost expect a martian landscape or something instead? maybe some light blue lights or something to help emphasize that beautiful orange? some ideas anyways - very cool!

PS - Also, the clouds in the upper left seem a little flat - bryce has a 3d clouds-cloud depth thing doesn't it? maybe it's just the light, but the smooth gradient across them makes them look flat - these are just little things still a very cool picture!

Thanks
    Thanks Adam. The entities are gigantic brain organisms, some kind of aliens (if you look carefully you will discern their eyes too). I titled the picture 'official visit' because when I -too- saw it left to me an impression of some alien species visiting officially earth. Hence the flat floor. I made it so for the sake of experimenting with some texture which gives the sense of distance and perspectivity but then it looked to me as a floor prepared especially for such a visit, from us, humans and I decided to left it as it is. I am not sure how much I succeded but here is the forum, I can hear criticisms

As to the issue of machines and guns, I agree with you, I too am tired of them. And, beside, I think Sf needs some new breath, a new sight so that it can bcome free from its present obsessions. This is a great discussion and maybe here is not the proper place to initiate it but it is important, I think, at least to mention it.

As to the tools used, Bryce 3 has not volumetric clouds (there is such a feature in Bryce 4).

Thanks
    [X]

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    cool! yeah all i see is a red [x] right now too tho anyways, i still think you could spice up the floor; i love the idea of a sort of prepared area for the arrival of such large creatures, but i think it would consist of more than an epicly (sp?) enormous marble tile floor...i would definitely continue to develop this image - maybe call on some greek architecture elements to build up some sort of large amphitheatre or hall or something; a sort of low, spread out architectural monument to mankind's first contact? Some ideas anyways. I think the image is VERY good, like cgtalk-frontpage good, but i really want to see something more from the floor! Sorry if this seems like i'm obsessing over details, but the floor just seems oddly out of place compared to your excellent organic aliens brains. Also, I would definitely like to still see some light blue highlights in there somewhere; i think that would still juice it up Anyways, take em or leave em; it's still a great image (if it ever shows up again)!! Even if you don't revamp the floor, i would still post it in the cgtalk gallery - you'll get more and faster feedback there than you will here.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot Adam. Your suggestions are very precious. Especially those you say about the blue highlights. They gave to me fresh ideas.

I am aware about the problem concerning the uploading of the image. Unfortunately one must try many times for having the opportunity -maybe- to see it (in the moment that I am writing these it is there, for example). But even your critique can encourage people to insist on trying. Thanks for this possible benign side effect of your words too

Thanks
    hmmm, i don't like it that much because:

-it looks like some of those "state-of-the-art" raytrace pictures, back in the early 90's

-I can see the basemesh under that model, maybe its a little too simple?

-it needs more contrasts/colors, pretty boring to look at right now

-no real eyecatcher in it...

bonus vir semper tiro.

Steffen 'Neox' Unger
    freelance 3d artist

www.airborn-game.com
    www.polyphobia.de

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.