C.O.W. - #066: Hellish Beast - Voting!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic!

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • banhatin

3 1.90%
  • hallo

0 0%
  • misledtomisery

0 0%
  • shaktool

0 0%
  • Orifice

0 0%
  • rawwad

14 8.86%
  • cakeypigdog

16 10.13%
  • Woodlandwalker

1 0.63%
  • Jabo

1 0.63%
  • jfwalls

1 0.63%
  • Piru

0 0%
  • Joey-b

0 0%
  • Gorgoth of Suburbia

5 3.16%
  • ChenZan

1 0.63%

0 0%
  • kovah

0 0%
  • Chuck Wadey

19 12.03%
  • wizi5454

0 0%
  • cognition.sb

2 1.27%
  • Chris Noeth

0 0%
  • Moai

1 0.63%
  • Destinatus

0 0%
  • Fellah.

4 2.53%
  • Michael Jaecks

1 0.63%
  • JakkaS

6 3.80%
  • Cique

0 0%
  • xgabo

35 22.15%
  • Bendragon

2 1.27%
  • MikeCorriero

13 8.23%
  • Beelow

0 0%
  • darkling

0 0%
  • Artifex33

0 0%
  • Supervlieg

1 0.63%
  • Matt Dixon

5 3.16%
  • Lodin

19 12.03%
  • Xpose

0 0%
  • Ak86

0 0%
  • Purgatorio

2 1.27%
  • Skolld

0 0%
  • Gridur

0 0%
  • Stephan_R

5 3.16%
  • hurricane

1 0.63%
  • ArtZealot

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow C.O.W. - #066: Hellish Beast - Voting!

ROUND #066 VOTING

Topic: Hellish Beast

Deadline for the voting: Tuesday, 14th November 2006

Posting thread (closed):
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=80842

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - before voting/posting read this!!!

1. Please give c&c or a reason why you voted for the image!

2. Feel free to comment on any or all entries, the artists will appreciate it!

3. No voting for your own entry!!! If a participants votes for his own entry, every member has the right to call him a stupid lame morone in this thread! And i will delete his/her vote anyway...

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    artist: banhatin
    concept:

This is an evil monster who can only be found in the nightmare,call it Hell Growl for the moment! It has furious character and fatal body fluid. In the hell, I assume it must the guardian of the Death.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

artist: hallo
    concept:

artist: misledtomisery
    concept:

The Ragged Hydra have been seen mostly in the deepest of caverns. These hellish beasts look like giant fleshy grubs with limbs and 5 heads. Little is known about these beasts, aside from its gigantic size, an appetite for flesh, and a fiery disposition. Many brave adventurers have gone on quests to rid the world of these beast, and few have returned.

artist: shaktool
    concept:

Trivia: Of all of Satan's right-hand men, Stuart lasted the least amount of time. His soul was weak, and his body and mind quickly distorted in a feeble attempt to ward off insanity.
    Stuart's shortcomings present no problem in his new career: eating things.

artist: Orifice
    concept:
    Skull Dragon
    The Paris nights are colder then one might think. Even in the summertime it can go below freezing point. Still alot of people defien the temperature and go out for a walk. Thats useually a good idea, Paris offers a good walk for the curious. Though this night is different. This night a beast from hell has escaped its captivity of the underworld and is now unleashed upon the mortal. So as unexpecting people are strolling the streets happily thinking about things like cotton candy and monster trucks, they have no idea that a quick, stealthy and brutal beast from HELL awaits their flesh from above. Paris is going to wake up as a different city tomorrow.

artist: rawwad
    concept:
    Hellgate keeper

artist: cakeypigdog
    concept:

The Hellbeast began as a small evil spirit who managed to capture the souls of weaker life forms.
    Throughout time it has grown and grown as it has absorbed the souls of more and more powerful entities. It roams the fires of hell absorbing all who cross its path. The captured souls become part of the beast and constantly push and pull for freedom from its clutches. Once absorbed, none escape though, they struggle against their captor for all eternity.

artist: Woodlandwalker
    concept:

artist: Jabo
    concept:
    Hell Worm
    This hellish beast has taken out many brave warriors on it's forays through the humans' villages along the shore. It comes at night, directly from the deeps of Hel. No one who has seen it had the chance to tell others what it looks like. It is said to be a 100 foot long worm with a hard shell. Everything it touches burns to the ground in seconds, even the rock it is crawling on.

artist: jfwalls
    concept:

While in the 9th level of Hell, Dante did not see the Malumvoro. A terrible beast designed for one thing, to gnaw and chew on the sinners frozen in Cocytus.

artist: Piru
    concept:
    The Cow From Hell
    Munching the trapped souls in the blazing fires of Hell's planes, the Hellcow is the most common cattle in the land of Lucifer. Just like the casual cow it produces edible fluids... for demons and devils anyway. It is said to taste quite hot!

artist: Joey-b
    concept:
    Belzefer
    These creatures are minnions created by lucifer himself, they're kinda like the gardners from hell.
    it keeps the magma in hell (and there is allot of it there) hot by dropping extremly hot liquids from it's belly
    his energy comes from devouring souls of human beings, wich are provided by mr hotness himself.
    this way it keeps the hell nice and hot AND it doesnt get to crowded

artist: Gorgoth of Suburbia
    concept:
    Hellish Spider
    The enormous Hellish Spider has two mouths: While the lower one uses its tongues to drain its prey of blood, the upper one is free to mock the victims with hideous gurgling noises.
    Although the creature isn't humanoid in shape, it does have distinct human features.

artist: ChenZan
    concept:

The Herald of Gharra could be heard thousands of miles away. Its path of destruction evident across the northern lands. No military force could stop this city sweepers massive assaults. Its purpose, to clear the land for his master to rule a new world without any opposition, not to mention free will. Its body consist of an amalgalm of twisted and demonic forms. With a perfect defensive conglomeration of tough skin and shell, its insect like legs carry it along while the mini pug hoof legs are used to stomp down upon the fledgling opposition soldiers. For demoliton purposes, its hammerhead like upperhalf can destroy large obelisk and towers in mere moments.

artist: Avatar
    concept:
    Harvester of Souls
    The existence of this beast is a mistery even for the Demon Kin. Wandering through the great Burning Planes, from the Peaks of Pain to to the Boiling Pits, the Harvester of Souls uses the Hell as its own feeding grounds. Even the demons believe the beast to be an aberation. It feeds on souls, like many of the demon kin but its feeding is not a result of hunger. The beast itself has been created masochistic in nature with half of it soft and easy to hurt. It balances with an extraordinary power of regeneration and each wounds heals instantaneous. Walking through the burning fields, the Harvester is in constant pain and its screams as a consequence. The scream itself draws nearby souls to the mouth of the beast and in its fiery belly that it said to burn even the essence of soul.
    Aldo the demons hate it for its greed they dare not touch it because some said that the Harvester of soul is none other than one of Belial's children.

artist: kovah
    concept:
    Stairway to Heaven
    I was moving, I knew I was, but there was nothing but darkness on every side. Until I saw a faint glow in the distance, I knew somewhere deep inside that whatever made that faint glow was deadly. But never the less I went towards it and as I got nearer I noticed I was not the only one moving towards the welcome light in the inky blackness of this place.
    When I realised just what was making this light I stopped in terror, a gigantic beast producing a faint glow in the darkness from the fire in its belly. And the lost souls of Hell flocked towards it, queuing for centuries to walk up its tongue and into its belly. I tried to stop them, to point out what it was, where they were going. But my efforts were wasted for the glow seemed to have an almost hypnotic effect on them.
    "I call it the stairway to heaven..." whispered a chilling voice in my ear. I turned to find nothing, nobody there "That’s where they think they are going anyway..." The same voice in my other ear, I spun round again. Nothing.
    I looked back at the creature and sank to my knees. Praying that I would never become like those souls.
    Next think I knew I woke up in my bed in a cold sweat. Wondering if it was really just a nightmare, or that was what awaited those who wasted their lives...

artist: Chuck Wadey
    concept:
    Hellvermin
    Profoundly profane, these pests of the underworld scurry underfoot, delight in obscenity, derive sustenance from carnal drippings and are altogether a bad influence on children.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    artist: wizo5454
    concept:
    Arachnidolus, Keeper of the damned
    Hired by the Devil himself, Arachnidolus is assigned to catch those who might want to escape endless torture they have been comndemned to. His insect features makes him incredibly fast and agile to navigate in hell's underground tunnels. DEADLY!!!

artist: cognition.sb
    concept:
    Hell's Wrath
    From the portals of hell come creatures of unimaginable power. Each guards an entrance to the underworld. Only the dead may pass undetected.

artist: Chris Noeth
    concept:

'Urukashur', a genetically engineered creature from an alien warrior race was sent to earth where it killed every human beeing. Since this time the creature lives on earth and is taken to other planets from time to time by it's creators to kill their enemies. The rest of the universe knows the creature only as "The hellish beast".

artist: Moai
    concept:
    Hellsteed
    Illustration and Excerpt from El Infierno, by Javier Sabado Domingo
    "Hellsteed Riders on the Plain of Ash"
    Hellsteeds are preferred mounts of the legions of Hell. They have the bodies of horses, but their skulls are hideous arcs of flesh and bone, bristling with fins and protuberances and ablaze with two dozen eyes, all covered in an insect-like armor carapace. There are slots and gills in this carapace, through which the beast draws its breath, and from which it often emits spouts of flame and clouds of smoke, especially when in a state of excitement or aggravation. Their tails are thick and scaled like that of a crocodile, and held aloft to counterbalance the enormous skull. Wicked barbs protrude from each of their ankles, and their hooves are made from Hell-rock itself, and are impervious to flame and magma.
    Despite the commonness of their use in Hell, Hellsteeds really must be a pain in the arse when it comes to riding them. Their great pointed heads rise right up into the line of sight of whatever demon happens to be riding them, so he has to crane his neck and peer to either side of it, and often as not he gets a faceful of flame and smoke emitted from the damn thing's gills. Couple that with the beasts' foul tempers and the lack of saddles, and you've got a real [illegible][i]. But, if the beasts of burden were easy and tame, 'twouldn't be Hell.
    Javier Sabado Domingo, commonly called the Mad Spaniard, was a notorious theologian of the late nineteenth centrury. His only published work, El Infierno, is a description of Hell second in importance only to Dante's work of the same name. The vividness of his illustrations and descriptions led church officials to brand him as a Satan worshipper. Reports on his unusual habits and behavior would seem to support that claim; for example, he had to dictate the text of El Infierno to one of his disciples, for it is said that every time he put a pen to paper to write his hand would take on a mind of its own and spew out evil characters. If this is true, it apparently did not affect his drawings and illustrations.
    We should note that there is a small controversy over the title of this particular piece. Specifically, over whether Domingo said "Plane" or "Plain" when dictating the text. We have chosen to use the traditional wording with "Plain," but we do not guarantee its accuracy.

artist: Destinatus
    concept:
    Hellfish
    It's a common misconception that hell is all fire and no water. There is indeed water, but you really don't want to go in it. The newbies fall for it every time.

artist: Fellah.
    concept:

The KURSXTAQUN beast is believed to be the mother of Hellfire. Even the strongest demons will burn up if they get too close to her.

artist: Michael Jaecks
    concept:

artist: JakkaS
    concept:
    Anthrax’s whelp
    "... every sin has its punishment"
    Archangel Turius' brief to Rabyzzof, superintendient of hell's third ring.
    Anthrax' whelps - the smallest of hellish monsters. Their duty is to punish people for their lewd thoughts. They usually occupy skin of sinner's head, where pick up dirty thoughts. Every finding is "rewarded" by liquid wastes, causing pimples. In radical situations result may be abscess. Creatures received in hell with a nickname "bane of teenagers' life".

artist: Cique
    concept:

"Around the throne were four living creatures full of eyes before and behind.
    4:7 The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like a man, and the fourth was like a flying eagle.
    6:7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see!"
    6:8 And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him."
    (Book of Revelations)

artist: xgabo
    concept:

When he arrived here he was all but a boy, brash and cocky, his every step ripping hairline cracks in the black obsidian void. The glow of his pale white skin hurt the perfect darkness pulsing in front of him, but he did not care. Without ceremony, he started carving the nothingness with his sharp nails, making a home for himself. The residues and excrements falling from his careless handwork he called Daemonica... like a twisted artist drawing from his own experiences, these creatures were inspired by the life he knew before, but poisoned by his tragic fall out of grace. They were bitter angels.
    Soon, from the amorphic chaos, true order was born. His house was a mirror image of heaven, and like heaven, perfect in every way. But he was not happy. How could he ever be? he was away from the light, forever. As easily as the underworld was made into his kingdom, his pure sadness was made into fury; A fury so intense it set his house on fire. He sat on his throne, and his throne became a hellish beast, one so terrible he himself could not ride at first, for it was the incarnation of his own dark revenge, and he was afraid of it.
    It took him awhile to grow up into what he is today, and understand what he had to do. When he came again to the beast, it recognized its true master. It slowly descended its horns to the ground and let him ride for the first time. Together they travelled the four corners of the domain, poisoning the rivers and burning the trees, and then beyond, waging war on other fallen angels. When he came back he was king, his demonic horse followed by legions of the scattered damned, now united under a single banner. tied to the tusks of the beast were two of his former angelic companions, as a reminder that nothing would be sacred again in this place.

artist: Bendragon
    concept:
    The Minuonerasco
    Every sixty six millennia the rulers of Hell and Heaven engages in a war for all the fallen souls. When the blood of Hell's master is spilled and enters the Earth's soil, the Minuonerasco is born. Their lifespan will depend on the victor of the greatest war in the spiritual dimension. They feed on the life-force of their dark master. If the tyrant of Hell was to become victorious the Minuonerasco will be free to torment the children of the Earth with their hellish aura. The pale glow of their unlidded eye is hideous sign. The glare pierces through flesh into a man's soul as he cringe in all the memories of his sin, knowing that he is naked to these beasts.

artist: MikeCorriero
    concept:
    The Grimshaw
    The Grimshaw are heavily armored beast of burden. They are all manifestations of the demonic hordes that mutilate these already horrifying brutes. In the wastelands Grimshaw's are accompanied by a rider and rigged with chains, metal and gears all intermingled with the flesh of this undead giant. They spread disease and plague to the open lands of hell, causing death to the fertile portions of this dense terrain.
    Grimshaw's are practically unstoppable unless torn apart, and that's only if you can get past their continuous spewing of refurbished bone pellets. Within a mouth full of razor sharp rows of mangled teeth protruding through multiple layers of bone and jaws sits a mound of regurgitated souls waiting to be projected at weary victims. The undergrounds are controlled by these beasts in monstrous hordes as they rampage and torment the lost, scared and sinners within it's realm.

artist: Beelow
    concept:
    Cave Digger
    The Cave Digger is a giant hulking mass of Bone and rock. It digs through rock and feeds on it as well. It deposites the minerals of the rock to its skin, giving the skin its strength to withstand almost anything that is thrown at it. It has been known to have destroyed great cities by sinking them into the ground. Usually, this beast remains dormant in hibernation for centuries until its next feeding.

artist: darkling
    concept:
    Mungerill
    This creature is a runtish relative of the true hellhound....blind at birth, it relies on its 'tail' which senses the new meat in hell to seek out its prey...pinning them down to feed on the suffering of the damned....it then passes this dark nourishment on to its hellish litter,,,,,,,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    artist: Artifex33
    concept:
    Riverfiend
    Deep in Hell lies the Erebus river, a grim causeway of flaming blood wending its way between two tiers of the damned. Along its banks lurk the Riverfiends, preying upon those souls foolish enough to try and escape their torments by diving into its conflagrated flow.
    The hapless victims of the Riverfiend are eaten, digested, and then rejuvenated within the Riverfiend's enormous egg-swollen abdomen. They are horribly reborn attached to the monster's young by a placenta-like umbilical, unable to get away as they are fed upon over and over again by the horde of spider-like spawn.

artist: Supervlieg
    concept:
    The Gritter
    (No latin name available)
    The gritters await all those entering hell. They attack the damned in large numbers and strip their victims of all their burning flesh within seconds. In old folk tales the gritters are often described as the cleaners from hell. They have a lust for flesh that is unquenchable. They truly can get no satisfaction. It is unknown whether the gritters procreate or wether they have been in the same numbers since the beginning of hell. Some say all arthropods descent from the gritters in one way or the other. No proof of this has ever been found, because no live human has ever come face to face with the gritters.

artist: Matt Dixon
    concept:

The beasts of Hell have no names. These blind, lumbering creatures endlessly wander the shattered mountains of the forsaken land; their swollen, sightless bodies forever torn and battered by the cruel rocks as they stumble through an eternity of torment. Ever they bellow in pain, cry in despair and roar in anger and their howls echo across the Nine Circles. Their terrible lament is a soundtrack of suffering - these are the musicians of Hell.

artist: Lodin
    concept:
    Amok'n'Ulash
    The shepherd dog of Diablotins
    In the First hell, plane of diablotins, Amok'nUlash is the guard of the gate. When the Archdevil of the plane command to gathered his strenght, Amok is the gardianship of diablotin's discipline. With his metamorph capacity, he can create any members to welt, slash or kill the little rebels.

artist: Xpose
    concept:

The Hell chaser chases the damned souls of hell from the outskirts of hell back into the fiery abyss. Sometimes they like to let the souls get far out before they start their attack just so they can smash the souls hopes even more. With these on the prowl, the is no escape.

artist: AK86
    concept:
    The Hell Mantle Hound
    The Hell Mantle Hound is formed from hardened magma (dont know the correct scientific name) found inside hell's deepest pits. Satan commands The Hell Mantle Hounds to patrol hell's damned caverns. The Hell Mantle Hound is extremely tough and hard wearing since it is made from one of the most toughest rocks on earth, hardened magma. The only well to fully destory a Hell Mantle Hound, is to cast it back into the magma, for which it was created from.

artist: Purgatorio
    concept:

For this, I imagined a insect-like, winged beast that would fly across the twisted landscape of hell, scooping up souls where he finds them with its long, skeletal arms. 4 times the size of a human, its victims would hear the loud, sickening buzz of its wings as it draws closer to them. Grasping its prey in its blackened, disease infested limbs, this particular hell beast would take its time to gnaw on the damned. Always hungry, never satisfied.

artist: Skolld
    concept:

Rippers patrol the lower levels of Hades, extremely fast and with a dutiful disposition toward disembowment they are one of the most feared inhbitants of the underworld.

artist: Gridur
    concept:
    Infernalis Canine Comedia
    The story behind this little critter is that the devils of hell was bored one day, so the molded out of the flesh of fallen dogs a devilously bad looking beast, with a really big jaw to make it all worth the while, these days the critter runs around anoying there masters, but them devils sure got a big laugh when the first victims flew away from these funny looking beasts with terror in there faces.

artist: Stephan_R
    concept:

These hellish beast spawn from the hand of death. They waddle around for sinners and souls that need a proper place. Every now and then they'll swallow whatever is in their way. These creatures have molten fire for blood, and a toxic breathe of smoke that will incapacitate its prey.

artist: hurricane
    concept:
    caelum aeternus custos
    The eternal guards of heaven, theese guardians patrol the border of the heaven, keeping all the angels and good-doers out of earth and hell.
    It is one of the reasons why the phrase "if God exists, why am i in this position?!!" exists, the caelum aeternus custos is hindering the deeds of angels by destroying it. The light on their back is devine light wich attracts the goodness and then devours it.

artist: ArtZealot
    concept:

Nearly seven feet to the hunch of it's back, this fallen angel, neither good nor evil was cast out of heaven and banished to an eternity in pergatory only after the end of times on earth. The demon has been worshipped as a god by several tribes of South America. Many stories are told about it but few have actually seen it due to it's hibernation cycle in which it buries itself in the silt deposits of the amazon river, where it often slumbers for centuries at a time. Little else is known about this beast except that it is one of the few demons who do not wish to harm or posess humans. Shamen have allegedly had out of body experiences and spoke with the beast and learned that the demon would rather use it's immortality to simply observe the history of the earth from beginning to end than cause chaos to it's inhabitants. The nameless beast doomed for eternity waits one seemingly eternity on earth, only to live another in it's cursed form in the middleground between heaven and hell because it is neither good nor evil and is welcome nowhere.

No voting for this entry! Extra medium entry

artist: Blue
    concept:
    Soul Seeker
    This dog like creature rummages through hell collecting souls which have taken refuge in the various nooks and crannies of hell, hiding from the demons who are to torment them. The Soul Seeker uses the eyes and ears of the souls it collects to scower the deepest darkest caves in hell. If a soul is found, the Soul Seeker will eat it in one bite, where the soul will find itself becoming part of the soul seeker, aiding it to find other poor souls...

Last edited by Fozzybar; November 7th, 2006 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not accepted entries:

All WIPs

ikuru
    you already know it's too humanoid...

Evxyza92
    Is it me or didn't you work on it furthermore? Besides i have hard times to tell what's going on...

ShadowOfTheSun
    I already told you it's only a head...

davealert
    too human-like

guterrez
    you already noticed by yourself...it's a char and too human-like...i say it's a PITY that it is like that, because the artwork itself is awesome...sorry.

close to rejection:

shaktool
    Stuart is a character...since it looks like a species creature and has no other flaws regarding the rules and it's your first entry, it's accepted this time

kovah
    Next time draw more of the creatures body...we need more mass to judge on the creature design

special note:

hurricane
    you little HURRYcane you you just wanted to get in eh? This looks like a quicky measured to your skills...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well its good this way foz...I would only have voted for myself ;P

k I`ll vote for Matt Dixon, cause even without eyes this creature transports its torture very well...and makes me laugh every time I have to think about it`s awfull life muahaha

but damn, what a round, Lodin, Fellah, Mike Corriero, cognition, Chuck Wadey, Jabo, cakeypigdog, rawwad and all the others: great work guys, this motivates me for the next round

Last edited by guterrez; November 6th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was hard to cast one. But I did. I gave serious consideration to Chuck Wadey and Lodin, but in the end JakkaS' ugly little fleck of a demon pissing on the hair folicle sent me over the edge. He got my vote.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i had to give this one to xgabo. beyond a shadow of a doubt, the most hellish, creepiest thing i've seen. and the story - well rooted in refs.
    well done, man...i hope you see a star on this one!

oh crap! fozzzzzz! i'm sorry....could you switch my vote!?! - i saw an 'x' name and voted for xpose and not xgabo. i'm an idiot. sorry xpose...i dig your work too, but xgabo gets my vote, bud.

cheers,
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Because of the insane number of good entries I will not talk about everyone here...

The decision for the vote was not an easy one.
    I said it before I love the art of Matt Dixon and his quicky looks great. But my vote goes to MikeCorriero because his image is a light one with perfect technique and the white is a good contrast to the dark theme of COW 66. It would not be fair to vote allways for Matt and because it was a quicky this time... my vote goes to Mike... hehe

Insane entries everyone!

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where's trevor's piece? did i miss something?
    cheers!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redehlert
    oh crap! fozzzzzz! i'm sorry....could you switch my vote!?! - i saw an 'x' name and voted for xpose and not xgabo. i'm an idiot. sorry xpose...i dig your work too, but xgabo gets my vote, bud.
    fixed...this must be originated from your usual browsing behaviour to click on anything which has a XXX on the screen...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where's trevor's piece? did i miss something?
    He stated not to take his entry to the poll...this means "yes, you missed something"....and stop posting questions on which i have to quote you

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how many licks does it take to get to the furry center of a fozzybar?
    quote that beeeayaaatch. bwahahaahahaa....

and yes....x is my favorite number...er....color....er...letter! damn it all to hellish beast.
    cheers!
    d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg a new hellish avatar you pulled of your...errr....underground.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got my eye on you foz....yargh!
    lol!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ......too much this round......i went with lodin, but i dunno...i was torn between quite a few...on to the pink...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mine goes to bendragon, haha! i love that gesture, that's something i'd want to charge at me in a game or something. great Design too, convincingly bestial, yet original.

Cognition.sb great cinematic moment, nice hot atmosphere. The design of the creature let it down for me.

Chuck Wadey, another favourite, really captures a grotesque feeling well.

And Chenzan, I like that design, unsual and has nice patterns in it. I just think itcould be clearer, particularly how it stands.

wow that's alot of beasts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 469 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    my vote went for cakeypigdog, it had a great pattern and feeling to it, and it wasn't so typical.

fozz : haha, well, yea, i speedpainted it but took it to a level that was passable hehe, just had to enter one because i got inspired. sorry

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i had to give this one to xgabo. beyond a shadow of a doubt, the most hellish, creepiest thing i've seen. and the story - well rooted in refs.
    well done, man...i hope you see a star on this one!

cheers,
    d
    Damn I almost got one that time! lol it's cool xgabo got my vote too! His bad assness doesn't come anywhere close to where I'm at in talent.

My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn, chris told me about this and i ment to enter, but im a little too late. nice job all entrants, particularly lodin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My vote went to cakeypigdog because I am a for that stylized look. It was the only one I looked at and FELT instead of just seeing.

P.S. Fozzy what did/didn't I do? Mine wasn't a WIP...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... what a group to pick from... so many runner's up... but xgabo got my vote... almost seems like there is just one of these beasts/mounts in the realm, but execution was superb..
    I couldnt begin to crit everyones work... I will try and put some thoughts together at a later time... just wanted to say grats to all.. and tks for lettin me enter.

Good Job everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "davealert
    too human-like"

Yeah I guess, eh? Sorry about that - Thought it might be a tight fit at the least - Can I still vote?

~Dave

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had a hard time choosing so I went with Chuck Wadey! I like the design of the creature and the composition of this image is pretty hip! XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had to give it to xgabo as well. I like how the teeth work between the tusks. I was soo close to voting Cakeypigdog, Moai, MikeC or Matt D. It's hard to point out one piece, they're all so polished as expected.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was torn between Chuck and Xgabo, but ended up going with Chuck because I just think that skinny dorky guy on the beast's back is...well...dorky. So many awesome entries though. Here were all my faves:

rawwad
    gorgoth
    chenzan
    jakkas
    xgabo
    bendragon
    mikec
    artifex33
    supervlieg
    matt dixon
    lodin
    purgatorio
    stephan r

awesome job

Last edited by jfwalls; November 7th, 2006 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There were so many very nice entries it was hard to choose just one. I ended up voting for xgabo's entry, I really liked the richness of the colors they chose, and the creature seemed well thought out, the background was complimentary- simple and not overwhelming to the creature concept. Although maybe there are too many bats
    MIKE's entry is interesting, I like the creature idea, I don't think the coloring/background makes it stand out very well, it seems to pasty maybe, I wish the lighting was more dynamic with a darker palette.
    I thought JakkaS entry very entertaining

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too many great entries. I wanted to vote for at least 5 of them.. but in the end Lodin got my vote. I love the dual lighting of warm and cold.

I kinda wish it was desktop sized so it could replace my current one

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lodin got my vote, as well. Very good lighting and very dramatic. If hell were to belch, that's what would come up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5