Sketchbook: <---Mi Sketchbook ..I think I've improved! maybe not..bleh..Comment! - Page 9
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: <---Mi Sketchbook ..I think I've improved! maybe not..bleh..Comment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm from Bolivia but live in the US, that makes me special, so visit my sketchbook!
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

Sketchbook V 1.0: Not very good--->Page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Page 10 <---<---recommended!

-Arnold Scharzenegger
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm from Bolivia but live in the US, that makes me special, so visit my sketchbook!
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

Sketchbook V 1.0: Not very good--->Page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Page 10 <---<---recommended!

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great progress.

You have a knack for caricatures

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks lakka!..I wish I had a nack for other stuff too though hahaha...o hwell, will keep working.. I'll leave a few comments on your sb as soon as I get time.
    sketch during class

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    doodles:

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and our friend George Pratt

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    or this one

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I thought that i would sneak here again, to see what's going on. That painting with that chinese guy, who's name I know, but I can't say it atm, is quite cool, also some of those sb pages are looking fine, I think you should use marker more often, those doodles with it are looking fresh, (i like that guy on the top left corner.. nice style of coloring) And i can see that you tried some letters, you seem to be a bit rusty in that area though (as also i am, i have tried to get into it during those previous days, my stuff is looking wack but it's sill fun to do it)

But anyways, I decided that I will be that annoying bastard who mentions the same thing over and over everytime i visit your sb, finished detailed works - do them.. make a blog, website, etc, get your portfolio in there, that should get you motivated to do more finished work. lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @sparkzero...hhaha thanks man...I definitely need that push since I'm not one of hugely regulars here in CA, finding a pusher can be kind of hard...but I'll make sure and stop by yours and leave tips, etc. based on what you seem to be working on...same for me, if you find any info or notice anything about my stuff don't be nice and tell me.....
    Yeah...those letters I did were pretty wack..I was in 'character' mode and when I'm out of ideas I sometimes doodle a quick fula without much thought and that was the result hahaha...I'm working on one sketch that i think is coming out much nicer, really taking my time on each letter, flow, style, etc. I suck at inking though...I might just put up a sketch...anyway, I'm in a hurry for a class...I'll visit your sb soon.thanks for stopping by again
    in the meantime here's a still life I did last night....I kind of overdid the blur..but oh well....

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    black and white study/still life in oils

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3 types of black/brown and titanium white

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aaand another one...

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow your paintings really rock, seems like you have improved:d Things are starting to look more "right" i think you have better understanding of light and shadow and all that jazz. But i got to say damn, I have had the same thought about painting spray cans/ other vandals gear in still life. Or atleast my thought was that "damn.. if I even ever will get on a decent level painting those still lifes, i'll make something cool, fuck all you fruits and vegetables" because I haven't ever seen anything cool being painted when it comes to still life, (but ofcourse, it isn't the point of it.. i mean, making it look "cool") .. Did I make any sence ? .. maybe, maybe not.

And did i get it right? you are designing an airport. wtf? As I said before, those paintings look dope.. with oil it seems that you can get some cool results, or atleast it's a little similar to spray paint - when it comes to blending colors etc, it looks quite smooth at the end..

And if it comes to letters, just throw the sketch in I think, usually if the letters aren't coming out nicely quite quickly, it's better to leave that sketch, finish maybe the 3d, experiment with colors, if you want to work on that area.. and start a new one, though maybe it's just me, but working long for one piece dosen't work for me. And if you suck at inking, doing multiple sketches without much worrying it coming out perfectly, it would be a good practice. You should outline every piece, and see what works when it comes to linework, and it'll give you confidence. Atleast when you get a good piece down, you aint scared inking it then :d.. though i also suck at it.. And when it comes to graffiti, then i'll start hitting hard again in the summer.. I have set big plans for the summer.. i'll want myself to get on a very good level with pieceing on the walls.. and i'll think that doing walls will increace my motivation when it comes experimenting with other things in other type of art etc.

If you got the time pm some of the letter sketches, would be interesting to see i think..

Btw thanks for the post in my sb, i think i got some helpful advice.. got to get working, though lately i have been again in conflict with myself, can't do crap. Oh and i'll definetley trying that pencil line variation "trick" thing out.. but I think that means, if i want and good sketches, they'll most likely look better in pencils? rather than with a pen.. (which is bad.. considering that i love ball points lol.. mostly because i can get all lines from dark to light with them. most soft pencils don't give very dark lines + they smudge etc.. but atleast you can erase them n stuff.. ofcourse i think that i could always use colored pencils.

I wish that i could say something useful, but I hardly have any knowledge about the technical side for me it's all looking good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man...I'm still struggling with my patience though hahhaa...I can spend all day working on light/sbtleties of color and stuff(from life) but being clean with my lines and patient is giving me a lot of trouble...
    Oils are fun because they don't dry as quickly as acrylics so you can blend your colors much more easier and get cleanre edges because of hte wet surface...but it also sucks when you want to add non-blended stuff on top because it can get too saturated with paint and you can't add new layers until you let it dry...
    I'm definitely painting some walls this summer...I'm 'upping' my expectations this year and maybe even paint with some very well known writers in my state.
    keep putting your sketches up and remember to be analytic on what you should be working on and tackle the issues head-on....
    next semster I'm taking an anatomical drawing class and an illustration class...hahha I hsould've graduated by now but who gives a crap...we only live once...
    here's another one....the basketball is REALLY f'd up...this is the kind of crap I don't have the patience for...but it is crucial...anyway here it is:

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

23. The Following User Says Thank You to P For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick doodles that I managed to scan:

ball from imagination:

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edited

Last edited by Saurus; December 3rd, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,033 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    There is some good shit in here dude, lovely oil studies. I'd really like to see some more letters although I've only looked at the last couple of pages. If you ever roll through portland get at me, I haven't grabbed cans in a minute.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Konstad For This Useful Post:

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Niceeffort here, loving the progress!

-E

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mischeviouslittleelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot for stopping by Mischeviouslittleelf & Metal Fingers...both of you guy's work is a huge inspiration...
    it's been a while but here's some stuff I've been doing lately:

a modern trash cornucopia!

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Neat drawings! Especially the camera.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2