Sketchbook: <---Mi Sketchbook ..I think I've improved! maybe not..bleh..Comment! - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: <---Mi Sketchbook ..I think I've improved! maybe not..bleh..Comment!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work on jolie! maybe make her nose a little lower, or take away some space between the mouth and the nose, i think this would strenghen the likeness

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What's up Kfeeras...sorry I missed your message a while ago...thanks for the crits. I'll leave some comments on your sb soon.

Haven't posted here in a while...here's some stuff...Hopefully will be posting more stuff soon!...

I'm from Bolivia but live in the US, that makes me special, so visit my sketchbook!
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

Sketchbook V 1.0: Not very good--->Page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Page 10 <---<---recommended!

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and one more!

I'm from Bolivia but live in the US, that makes me special, so visit my sketchbook!
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

Sketchbook V 1.0: Not very good--->Page 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,Page 10 <---<---recommended!

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A study after Frederic Leighton...for Bobby Chiu's live stream..less than an hour..

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    goofed around more with this guy...

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, nice updates! .. I think you should finish the last one, also the first and the last one in the post nr 218 are looking good, lol, would like to see those all finished with all the little touch ups. Sometimes finishing your stuff gives an advantage to learn some new stuff, push the limits, and make a study on some areas in order to get the product finisehd, it's also a good motivator if you got something finished to put to your portfolio.

Mess around more with that mutated a bit caricatureish style of yours like the last one is, that looks nice. I hope that the super busy times will pass/have passed :d

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks man!...yeah next semester's 'beginning painting' clas will hopefully allow me to do some finished work and pick on my professor's brain...this is the guy who i'll be learning from: http://jbrettgrill.net
    thanks for stopping by again...

here's 2 hour drawing from a live figure...I haven't been to one of these in like 3 years...I've gotten really insecure and inefficient ...hopefull will be going more often..5 r 7$ a session is rough on a starving student though heheh.

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you got time, pm me the painted character .. I quite feel ya, i have had myself quite a long brake also. There are like 2 options in graffiti, either you are in to the game, or out of it.. Like when you are in , you paint all the time, you don't care about the weather, conditions or anything, you just go out and do it, it's so fucking addictive it's even hard to explain, but you know the deal.. I started sketching some letters after quite a long time a few days ago and I got that feeling that i used to get, that rush, something like a kid in a candystore, excited "what happens if i bend that letter that way, add some extentions here.. make it flow more.. yeah now it looks fresh" ..kinda hard to explain. The funny thing about graff is that it never gets old i quess, i can get the similar excitement that i got when i first walked on the train tracks, seeing those colorful pictures on the walls, when i really get into sketching.. And if you stop and do a few things once in a while, things stay quite still, you don't paint, you don't sketch, because you don't paint, you are no longer in that competition, your mind isn't on it, or not as least as it used to, and nothing is produced.. i'm at that stadium at the momenth, as you are i think.. and spraypaint is a medium, that has to be constantly used in order to stay on top of your skills.. It's rediciolous feeling to paint after a while, things don't come out the way they used to lol.:d..

Anyway thanks for stopping by, yeah I need to work on values.. actually a lot of that basic stuff that I don't really know crap of.. but always as it comes to studying it, it is quite weird, if you can't draw a nose for example, you know that you suck at it, you can see, that it dosen't remind a nose.. but values and such is harder for an amateur to see his mistakes.

btw, that guy who is teaching you seems to know his stuff.. hope you have fun..
    Nice lifedrawing also by the way..

And yes, i'm watching! So better get your walls painted!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah...definitely man...I remember not being able to sleep just thinking about graffiti or my previous actions that night hahah...paranoia can also take a toll on your mind...specialy if you live in a small town like I do and not many others are writing graffiti....but here's (at the bottom) that character I did last week, I'l also PM it to you.
    I'll let you know if you're slacking too haha.
    here's another live drawing...this one was the day before the previous picture..this was only a 20 minute pose....

here's something I just did for fun...just goofying around
    ant:

and here's that character I did...I did a quick rough sketch first but colors, shading, etc. and most details were all improvised for the sake of painting..hahah

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a lil work in progress

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick little update before going to sleep...reworked a lot of the values and made my GF's face a little more flattering hahaa.

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a doodle from reference

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey saurus, niiiiice work you have here. i especially like your caricatures. if i may give you a critique, your paintings have very soft edges throughout. i think if you work on varying the hardness of your edges, your paintings will look less flat. i hope that helps. take care, dude, and keep up the good work!

-A

more than (but i'm getting there)

Website
    Sketchbook 7 Latest
    FREE Art E-Books
    Page O' Tos
    Boston Sketchgroup <= Info in post 570
    Monday Nighters: Jushra|Vorp|PartialArtist

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks purb36..I think it's my brush settings..I've never really messed with them and I always get the skipping circles effect, which then turns all my edges soft...I've been looking at other people's settings and when I finish this painting hopefully it'll show..

here's a doodle...all from scratch and no modifying layers...a little post-adjustment afterwords + blur...about 1 hour..

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol... love your caricatures... think they are delightful! You also have a very interesting paint technique...

~*Veritas Lux Mea*~

Ameniatha's Sketchbook

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ameniatha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the ant with the vacuum.

----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to George Abraham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Ameniatha and Zaorr! comments are apreciated

here's an image from reference...the abs are kinda wonky

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    15 min study

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another one...30ish minutes

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    quick doodle

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no real idea or story...hehe just value study rom my head

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Saurus

Very cool sketchbook. I like especially the ant and the little frog, but the caricatures are also just great : D
    As somebody mentioned earlier, you should work on your edges, they're quite blurry. Just look at your pencil work, it's more defined than the digital stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey tagtraum..thanks a lot for stopping by...Seems like I just have to working on my edges...I try but somehow I think my brush settings might not be ideal because as zoomed in as I get they still are blurry...will keep at it though...I saw your SB and I'll leave some comments on your sb soon. thanks!

here's a nother value study fom my head like the earlier one...with an obvious over-done cheezy idea behind it hahhaa.

Last edited by Saurus; January 15th, 2010 at 01:40 AM.
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    2nd-ish try at silhouettes

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a new doodle

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I posted the one on the left on May 11th 2008...
    on the right I went back and painted on top of it, hopefully showing some of my improvement...so I guess 1 year and 8 months later...

Last edited by Saurus; February 18th, 2010 at 11:13 AM.
    "DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WTFs lots of updates..

Most of the stuff is quite cool, I like that ant with a wacom cleaner, that guy from the post 237 and also the post 238 and you and your girlfriend attatched with the eiffel tower, and those studies, and that black n white thing and hmm.. can see some progress, in that last post you posted, and that life drawing was also good, from your class.. I think that I mentioned all your previous stuff now one by one lol.. Only thing that i can suggest is that, try and take some of your sketches and work them to absoloute finish, something to professional level, i belive that you are capable of that, just that finishing touch would make a big jump on some of them I think..

Btw, how big is your town ?(like the population) .. Are there any other writers in there atleast?:d ..Graff in smalltowns is funny a little, my brother used to write.. didn't get very serious with it, but he tagged a lot in one period, did a few throwups and such too I think, back in his teenager days :d .. Anyway, we visit a small town in here often, where our granny lives (about 20 thousand people living there) .. and I think he went to a bombing session, with one of other writer (still writes, does murals, design and all that jazz for living).. anyway, that was about 7 years ago I think, and you can see still all of that stuff in the city. Nobody has touched it.. it's kinda confusing thing in such places I think .. I think the progress that that city has made in graff in the past years, is that I have left a few tags and stickers behind through last two years..

ohh.. and i posted one spraypainting in my sb.. nothing special, more of an pracitice, and lots of fun and excitment.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man...yeah It's really hard for me to go into a painting deeply and finish off those details...It's probably my biggest weakness...I'm sloppy and I keep it sloppy til' the end...thanks for pointing that out though I kind of ignore it...but will keep it more in mind for future posts...

My town's about 100,000, but it's a college town so when school's out, and relatively conservative...so any sign of graffiti and the cops are all over it....I'm still a little cautious about posting any of my graffiti and definitely not doing anything too visible to the public besides legal walls (and even still you have to be careful) I've made the paper several times for stuff I didn't even consider too hardcore....so hahaha a lot of atention is paid to graffiti here in a negative way.. I've had undercovers asking me information online about other writers and myself..etc. etc...not fun

anyway here's a few sketches from my SB

I live in

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"DOO EET NAW!!!!" --->

-Arnold Scharzenegger

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2