Thanks Young
    persinally would love to see the things you come up with on oil

good day
    Mosh

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Young1 - great job, I love how your images give a shadow...it's very eye catching.

Nalot - everyone has their own style...yours it yours...don't compare with others or you'll loose your enthusiam to draw like you want.

Mosh - nice oil painting...i'm have yet to try oils...but I think I better work on the other things first before I move onto another goal. haha!

Never Pet a Buring Dog

Doodles

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love this thread!
    I am 15 years old, and live in a really small town in Norway. Noone here can teach me anything about concept art (I think I am a lot better at drawing than my art teacher, and I suck big-time!)
    this thread is exatly what I have been hungering after, and I inted to do every assignment in it. So untill i find a mirror for #2, here is the first one. I made assignment #1 rather fast. (maby 7.minutes on the original and 25 on the organic) Shoud i use more time per drawing?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nikki

Thanks for the comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some of them

Well these are some of them..I skipped a few of them I'll probably end up doing this again though..to improve some..

I had to take pictures of them since my Scanner is cheap and you have to slide the picture through it..Sorry for the bad quality of the picture..

Ok the first one is my Self Portrait/Imagined half..

The Second one was a Sketch of the bottle Cap of My "Bod Spray"..Then it turned into a Scythe ..Of Doom

The other one's are kinda Self Explanitory..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all and beautiful new art peaces i see here

lysgaard - i like that consept you made it in to
    very nice
    about how mutch time you can put in to a drawing
    if your doing them just for practice and improvment
    i would say do them as fast as you can each one spend as least
    time you can on each
    but always make sure you do at least one with great detail and
    carful lines ( if you really want to shape up aftter doing a cumple
    quik ones do a few slow ones like for exaple spend an 1-2 hours
    making it tuched up and nice

me as well as you hope to start doing the assignments in this post
    witch i ave already said like 6 times now hehehe just do to work i can seam to find the time to sit and get it together

good day all
    Mosh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mosh - Thanks for kind words
    I'll do most assignments pretty fast then, but i guess i'll use alittle more time on some. (like you said, in other words)
    I made a new version of the speaker concept. one part because It where fun, and one part because I wanted to show you guys I coud do better if I used some time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Hell YEA
    i think the new speaker concept is far more nice
    stronger details to

i think ill begin the first asignment soon some time this coming up new week

good Day all
    Mosh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Mosh!

here is #2. I've gotten a couple of nicnames because of my almost-afro hair, so i thought I'd show them what it "really" woud look like if i had a giant mushroom on my head.

Last edited by lysgaard; August 18th, 2007 at 09:29 AM. Reason: type'o

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HEHE that looks pretty cool to me

like your art
    hey and Desh i think you have some really nice peaces to
    looks like this thread is shining

hope to start asinment one some time tommorow or monday

good day
    Mosh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Assignment #1: From Still-Life to Imagination
    I drew my old converse and then gave it a little makeover, then I did a finished version in photoshop so I could share (scanner's a bit broken)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Had a go at the first assignment with my eyetoy. It all came way too smooshy and blurry for my liking, and the scanning didn't help.

Thanks for this excellent thread Seedling!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Going to make lots of assignments, but i'm going to do them digitally (papersketch, redraw digitally, wont bother to run across the house to scan the thing)!
    Just gotta find some intresting objects, (you think it's easy, but it's not!) and draw, and redraw and redraw, agaiN!
    Sounds like a great amusement for my brain.

Thanks for this thread! Standby and wait for my drawings (have some animations to do first )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Iím sorry I havenít been feeling up to critiques lately, but all of you who have posted here are AWESOME! You make me smile.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Here are mine #1 and #2, they're just quick sketches (I really didn't strike much resemblance with the self-portraits)...

And Seedling, these are great assignments ! Thanks very much!

Sketchbook .... Blog .... DevArt .... Tumblr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is thread is absolutely brilliant. thank you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey for these tutorials, do we already have to be pretty decent at art or can we be beginners?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FlameDragon Ė Welcome to the fun! You can be at any level for most of these assignments. A few of them do require additional knowledge, such as the assignments that use perspective, but you can skip past those. these arenít in any specific order, so find one that covers a topic that interests you and have some fun with it.

Aniboomer, the Whistler Ė thank you!

My apologies to everyone for not hanging around to give critiques, Feel free to post your results here, even if Iím not around Ė or post them in the sketches forum or critique forum for critique from others. Happy drawing!

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
    FlameDragon Ė Welcome to the fun! You can be at any level for most of these assignments. A few of them do require additional knowledge, such as the assignments that use perspective, but you can skip past those. these arenít in any specific order, so find one that covers a topic that interests you and have some fun with it.

Aniboomer, the Whistler Ė thank you!

My apologies to everyone for not hanging around to give critiques, Feel free to post your results here, even if Iím not around Ė or post them in the sketches forum or critique forum for critique from others. Happy drawing!
    Yeah but I'm having trouble with the first assignment where you saw pick a real life object to draw and then add an imagined element. I cant do it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you've picked up an object that's too tough? Try something simple, like a shoe box. And then add something simple to it, like wheels and buttons.

If you don't get results you like on the first try, that's okay.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe you've picked up an object that's too tough? Try something simple, like a shoe box. And then add something simple to it, like wheels and buttons.

If you don't get results you like on the first try, that's okay.
    I try but then the wheels and such dont come out looking right on the box.

*Sigh* Maybe I should relearn art from the beginning. Is there a very beginner tutorial?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have patience with yourself. If youíve never drawn anything before, itís going to take you a few tries. Maybe try another shape that isnít round or box-like. (Those shapes can be tricky.) Hmm. . . how about a flower, or a piece of candy? Maybe one of the objects lying around on your desk?

You could also check out I.A.ís Peer Project:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76955

The bookstore also might have some drawing books that youíd find helpful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Have patience with yourself. If youíve never drawn anything before, itís going to take you a few tries. Maybe try another shape that isnít round or box-like. (Those shapes can be tricky.) Hmm. . . how about a flower, or a piece of candy? Maybe one of the objects lying around on your desk?

You could also check out I.A.ís Peer Project:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76955

The bookstore also might have some drawing books that youíd find helpful.
    Well, I've been drawing since about 5 so that's about 16 years but I still think my work is very mediocre even with drawing basic things. When I use a reference picture I can draw it very good though. So I think I need to start over

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thatís great that youíre wanting to start over. No sweat! Drawing things from observation for the first time will make your brain feel like it's doing headstands.

Pick one of those simple objects and look at it as hard as you can. Try to get your brain to see it as a flat image in front of you. It wonít look the way you expect it to look Ė and that is the first hurdle to jump.

Your first attempts may be awful, but thatís okay. Start up a sketchbook in the sketchbook section, and post your attempts there anyway. You wonít be the only one here starting from scratch. Everyone here started exactly where you are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thatís great that youíre wanting to start over. No sweat! Drawing things from observation for the first time will make your brain feel like it's doing headstands.

Pick one of those simple objects and look at it as hard as you can. Try to get your brain to see it as a flat image in front of you. It wonít look the way you expect it to look Ė and that is the first hurdle to jump.

Your first attempts may be awful, but thatís okay. Start up a sketchbook in the sketchbook section, and post your attempts there anyway. You wonít be the only one here starting from scratch. Everyone here started exactly where you are.
    Thanks for the help! So I'll start drawing the shapes first and after that what should I move on to?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh goodness! I have not yet dropped off the face of the earth!

I've just been overloaded. College starting, moving out "on my own" (away from dad and in with my aunt and uncle as roommates), struggling to pay bills with two jobs, and art class trying to suck all my creativity with blah sketches.

And I'm doing the school comic on top of it all. @___@ I'll be back on those assigments here in a week or so, when things are a bit more settled down and my mini-studio is set up in my room.

You can be the best at what you do, but you've never learned everything about anything.

My sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all, im just new in conceptart.org and with all this concept drawing and illustration,im a graphic designer myself but i never think that im gonna be a concept artist in the future because im always think that i cant draw. But eventually i like watching sci fi flick and reading some of it, and even i wrote my own sci fi blog for my rumbling everydays life. and from that i stumble upon in the internet about concept art and the industry and its kinda cool if i can draw somethin like u guys. so i start drawing again and reading some tuts and seedling post here . i think its very cool Seedling write everything for us here, thank you very much. I found a website that day i dont know if its posted here yet, for all the concept artist that seekin for ideas maybe

1 . http://viaggg.free.fr/3CH/3ch_web.php (cool theme website and funny sometimes)
    2. http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/ (free online human pose)

i hope this two site hope you guys, and sorry if im posting in the wrong thread or something, keep drawing cool stuff guys!

www.redefinefuture.blogspot.com
    www.freewebs.com/thespaceshipproject

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Assignment Work :P

*********Assignment #1: From Still-Life to Imagination************
    Drink Coaster(sp?) -> Round/Circular Throwing Star... Didn't Scan so quality isn't great. The little arrows with notes are just me detailing my thought process.

I'm not great at drawing/painting as usually my quick sketches are the best right now....but I want to develop my skills and eventually become a concept artist.

Quick Bio: 16 (soon to be 17 year old) in high school. Have never taken an art class in my life (boy do I regret Freshman year class choices.) Have recently got back into drawing/painting/art, and have become either really focused or made a really whimsical choice to purchase a 6x8 Wacom Tablet and Corel Painter X to develop my skills.....along with three sketchbooks and a sh**ton of pencils.

Last edited by Ohsnapjon; October 3rd, 2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Image too Large...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Seedling, thank you for all the great help

I notice alot of people stick to traditional mediums in this thread, I recently got a wacom Intuos 3 9 x 12 inch tablet. Is it ok to start drawing directly on the tablet?

I find drawing on paper with a pencil alittle different to drawing on the tablet

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's an angel statue from observation. Used Photoshop cause I'm too much of a wuss to try my luck at traditional mediums.

Please tell me what you think!
    (Yay for this topic )

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 307