Sketchbook: Xylene Fumes - updated - 01.09 - Page 25
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Xylene Fumes - updated - 01.09

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your clothing studies are quite extensive, and show a progress and thought process I myself should most definitely look into. Who are you studying for these folds and clothing designs? I think I may look into it. The characters designs are great, and will look even better with these drapery studies.

Ev'sSketchbook for the lazy minded but willing!
    Help an artist, leave a critique.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, hey. Long time no see.
    I think your life drawings have just made a leap in skill! Excellent.

These new characters are looking cool, but what happened to the sorceress??? I was looking forward to the finish.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr.Pryminista -

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Pigeonkill -

Yeah the leg muscles are a bit over-emphasized. Heh...yeah see, this was a brand new scanner...
    the lesson is NEVER EVER use the drivers that come on the packaged CD they are always outdated.

kingkostas -

You are too generous, man I would love to do a collab with you.

liquidjack -

Thanks.

BlackDelphin -

Thanks...I surely will.

Evxyza92 -

OK wellll....drapery is a huge challenge. There really isn't one book or one silver bullet to it. The only
    book I've found that really had good drapery-specific material is Cliff Young's 'Drawing Drapery from Head
    to Toe' however the same material can be found more comprehensively in the 'Famous Artist Course' hand-
    book in chapter 15. You may be able to find some of the pages online, but the whole book is like $400...

That being said...there is no substitute for spending a *lot* of time looking at and drawing drapery.

Finding good source materials is hard, so some of these drawings are from photos I took of myself
    It also helps to do some research on clothing...how different types of cloth behave and how different
    garments are constructed in terms of slack vs. tailoring and so forth.

HunterKiller_

Thanks. Yeah sorry about that...I will probably re-visit that set of sketches at some point but I really
    just got stuck and wasn't sure how to proceed either technically or thematically. I kind of just jumped
    in without having an idea of where I was going and then didn't know how build on what I had done.

---

Sooo....not dead as you may have noticed. I just have been stupidly busy. I am now the lessee of an
    apartment in Los Angeles (in Pasadena, that is) but I still haven't quite moved in...or even finished pack-
    ing...lol. SO still going to be very busy until January at least.

So I have a backlog of life drawings but not much else to share, except for some new hardware to show off:

I don't know if you guys have seen the Yiynova line of graphics tablets. They are a company in China oper-
    ating in the US through a storefront on Amazon called Panda City. Basically what they are selling is Cintiq
    type functionality at about a third or even a quarter of the price. The initial product line definitely had some
    quality shortfall in terms of their styluses but the current models (designated by a letter 'u') are pretty much
    on par with Wacom.

Of course I have not a Cintiq to compare to so I can't say for sure but they seem quite adequate for the price.

The smaller tablet, the DP10 (or DP10u) is USB-powered and runs at $300 to $350. So right there you have func-
    tionality that Wacom doesn't even offer (the smallest Cintiq, at $1000 requires an AC power outlet). Its definitely
    horribly painful to draw with compared to pen and paper, but, for some portable digital painting, it would probably
    only be beaten by a built-in tablet PC functionality. A lot of the shortcomings for drawing are unavoidable...its
    small, about the size of Moleskine in terms of screen size, plus you have to contend with lack of tactile sensation
    and the fact that the stylus tip doesn't perfectly track the cursor from all angles. Its also pretty much unbeatable
    as a portable display...extremely thin and light and of a high quality (compare to an IPS panel, I'd say).

Name:  INVENTORIES 031.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  220.7 KB

anyways, in a three hour life drawing session I cranked out these examples on the older model (DP10)

Name:  2012-11-07 LIFE DRAWING.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  190.9 KB

So based on this experience I went ahead and plunked for the upgraded 19-inch desktop model, the MSP19u (at $560).

Again, simply as a monitor its pretty darn good. The 'u' model stylus definitely matches Wacom for pressure
    sensitivity and pressure accuracy. One issue some people had is that there is a rather massive gap between
    the glass surface you draw on and the actual LCD panel (about 4 or even 5 millimeters). However I really didn't
    find this to be a problem. ALSO: You can't tell from this photo but there is a sturdy adjustable stand in the back
    so you can quickly and easily change the viewing angle...also it has a standard VESA hole pattern for monitor stands.

Name:  INVENTORIES 028.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  298.7 KB

Now, one major caveat, and again, I don't have Cintiq to compare to, but my old Toshiba never seemed like it did
    this: there is a large amount of 'jitter' in your strokes as you draw. Basically, when you draw a line, then zoom in,
    you will see a regular jaggy pattern like an etch-a-sketch or pixelation. I've been told that all display-tablets have
    this problem due to electromagnetic interference. It seems that software is being used to compensate. When you
    draw a line *quickly* the jaggy effect all but goes away, so I'm assuming the software finds it easier to interpolate
    on faster strokes. NOW: I was able effectively mitigate the effect by running LazyNezumi (basically the same effect
    as the smoothing in Manga Studio, only you can adjust it). Also using a thicker line, and zooming in as needed, red-
    uced the effect to being almost unnoticeable.

I drew this stuff as a test...again, super fine linework is not feasible, but this seems adequate for sketching or painting.

Name:  yiynova 19-inch sample.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  108.9 KB

Thats my product reviews for now

More art soon, I promise...hope you guys are all doing great!

Last edited by BludHund; November 28th, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

kingkostas is offline Train to help world with art someday...
    Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,961 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Mate great info on these stuff. Although personally i dont think i could work very good on a cyntiq, the way i catch penclis and stuff is strange ahahhaha.
    Lovely, lets do this, we will push it and we will both learn. How you want to start?I could prepare a linework sketch and go from there. Dunno anything is good

HunterKiller_ is offline Registered User Level 15 Gladiator: Spartacus' Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's really excellent news on the alternative tablets. I firmly believe that any corporation that holds a monopoly over anything is evil, unfortunately in this case, I'm forced to use their products (Wacom).
    Hope these upstarts will really get somewhere.

I've tried the latest model of the Cintiq briefly and frankly, I wasn't hugely impressed. Unlike common expectations, it's not like drawing traditional at all; the glass surface has no friction and feels worse than regular tablets (for my taste) and the offset distance caused by the glass actually feels quite jarring (so pretty much the same thing as you described with your display tablet).
    No way I would pay a few thousand dollars for one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PMkingkostas -

OK man....here we goooo

AMHunterKiller -

Yeah, when it comes to control there definitely is no substitute for physical media...yet.

Which is kind of comforting, in a way

---

Ok, working on a collab with Kostas. He began with thumbnails..or mini-paintings, really

I really struggled with the perspective, trying to get both figures at the same scale. I guess
    I understand the basic techniques of 3D layout but I'm really really slow, need to practice.

Guess I'll dust off my Figure Drawing for All Its Worth

Name:  Kufu_vs_Gufi_layout_upload.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  256.6 KB

Once I had the poses and the perspective, sketch took about an hour, including some time to
    play with the framing of the image. In the end I came back almost exactly to where I started.

I did make some changes to Kostas' poses. For the Kungfu guy I want a bit more dynamism, but
    the main thing is that for the gunfighter I wanted him to be still in the process of drawing his gun.

The way I see it this guy's advantage is his speed, give him half a second and he will get you. The
    Kungfu master has to defeat him by keeping him off-balance. Also I wanted to make sure the viewer
    could see the gun on his hip, just about to be drawn.

I also added a cigarette...not only does the smoke give a little sense of motion (like the martial artists'
    longer flowing tunic) but it also enhances his character as a hard-living nonchalant type, in contrast
    to the martial artists' (we assume) discipline and dedication.

So yes, basically thinking about expressing character design on top of composition.

Name:  Kufu_vs_Gufi_sketch_E_upload.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  398.0 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo mate, i played with values today. Dont know what style we want to go with it. I felt that i needed to change the composition. Anyway stylewise it doesnt look like anything classic. You can also try some values and maybe we can find something interesting. Or just tell me how we can go with it

Attached Images Attached Images    

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Radical work, you two.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

get a lenovo x200 tablet

Quote Originally Posted by BludHund View Post
    Mr.Pryminista -

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Pigeonkill -

Yeah the leg muscles are a bit over-emphasized. Heh...yeah see, this was a brand new scanner...
    the lesson is NEVER EVER use the drivers that come on the packaged CD they are always outdated.

kingkostas -

You are too generous, man I would love to do a collab with you.

liquidjack -

Thanks.

BlackDelphin -

Thanks...I surely will.

Evxyza92 -

OK wellll....drapery is a huge challenge. There really isn't one book or one silver bullet to it. The only
    book I've found that really had good drapery-specific material is Cliff Young's 'Drawing Drapery from Head
    to Toe' however the same material can be found more comprehensively in the 'Famous Artist Course' hand-
    book in chapter 15. You may be able to find some of the pages online, but the whole book is like $400...

That being said...there is no substitute for spending a *lot* of time looking at and drawing drapery.

Finding good source materials is hard, so some of these drawings are from photos I took of myself
    It also helps to do some research on clothing...how different types of cloth behave and how different
    garments are constructed in terms of slack vs. tailoring and so forth.

HunterKiller_

Thanks. Yeah sorry about that...I will probably re-visit that set of sketches at some point but I really
    just got stuck and wasn't sure how to proceed either technically or thematically. I kind of just jumped
    in without having an idea of where I was going and then didn't know how build on what I had done.

---

Sooo....not dead as you may have noticed. I just have been stupidly busy. I am now the lessee of an
    apartment in Los Angeles (in Pasadena, that is) but I still haven't quite moved in...or even finished pack-
    ing...lol. SO still going to be very busy until January at least.

So I have a backlog of life drawings but not much else to share, except for some new hardware to show off:

I don't know if you guys have seen the Yiynova line of graphics tablets. They are a company in China oper-
    ating in the US through a storefront on Amazon called Panda City. Basically what they are selling is Cintiq
    type functionality at about a third or even a quarter of the price. The initial product line definitely had some
    quality shortfall in terms of their styluses but the current models (designated by a letter 'u') are pretty much
    on par with Wacom.

Of course I have not a Cintiq to compare to so I can't say for sure but they seem quite adequate for the price.

The smaller tablet, the DP10 (or DP10u) is USB-powered and runs at $300 to $350. So right there you have func-
    tionality that Wacom doesn't even offer (the smallest Cintiq, at $1000 requires an AC power outlet). Its definitely
    horribly painful to draw with compared to pen and paper, but, for some portable digital painting, it would probably
    only be beaten by a built-in tablet PC functionality. A lot of the shortcomings for drawing are unavoidable...its
    small, about the size of Moleskine in terms of screen size, plus you have to contend with lack of tactile sensation
    and the fact that the stylus tip doesn't perfectly track the cursor from all angles. Its also pretty much unbeatable
    as a portable display...extremely thin and light and of a high quality (compare to an IPS panel, I'd say).

Name:  INVENTORIES 031.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  220.7 KB

anyways, in a three hour life drawing session I cranked out these examples on the older model (DP10)

Name:  2012-11-07 LIFE DRAWING.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  190.9 KB

So based on this experience I went ahead and plunked for the upgraded 19-inch desktop model, the MSP19u (at $560).

Again, simply as a monitor its pretty darn good. The 'u' model stylus definitely matches Wacom for pressure
    sensitivity and pressure accuracy. One issue some people had is that there is a rather massive gap between
    the glass surface you draw on and the actual LCD panel (about 4 or even 5 millimeters). However I really didn't
    find this to be a problem. ALSO: You can't tell from this photo but there is a sturdy adjustable stand in the back
    so you can quickly and easily change the viewing angle...also it has a standard VESA hole pattern for monitor stands.

Name:  INVENTORIES 028.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  298.7 KB

Now, one major caveat, and again, I don't have Cintiq to compare to, but my old Toshiba never seemed like it did
    this: there is a large amount of 'jitter' in your strokes as you draw. Basically, when you draw a line, then zoom in,
    you will see a regular jaggy pattern like an etch-a-sketch or pixelation. I've been told that all display-tablets have
    this problem due to electromagnetic interference. It seems that software is being used to compensate. When you
    draw a line *quickly* the jaggy effect all but goes away, so I'm assuming the software finds it easier to interpolate
    on faster strokes. NOW: I was able effectively mitigate the effect by running LazyNezumi (basically the same effect
    as the smoothing in Manga Studio, only you can adjust it). Also using a thicker line, and zooming in as needed, red-
    uced the effect to being almost unnoticeable.

I drew this stuff as a test...again, super fine linework is not feasible, but this seems adequate for sketching or painting.

Name:  yiynova 19-inch sample.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  108.9 KB

Thats my product reviews for now

More art soon, I promise...hope you guys are all doing great!

hi there man, the tablets stuff catched my attention, i have a cintyq 12wx and a lenovo x200 tablet i have to tell you that i prefer using the lenovo digitizer a ton more than the cintyq, that bunch of cables, the receptor box, are a pain in the ass, even though the x200 has 256 pressure levels, man it feels much more natural and confortable than the cintyq, the stylus i as ton more slimer, feels like using a mechanic pencil, and hey you can change the orientation of the screen vertical or land scape, you have built in keyboard, and if you want you can go on full tablet mode and use a wireles one, you can take it with you and draw on bed, the battery last 3 hours, the screen is tft and is almost not reflective, and has some handy tablet shortcut buttons that you can configure and program, and it comes with a solid state drive so it boots an reacts in a blink.

i strongly recomend you to get this awesome tablet, is really light, it makes 0 noise even in fullcharge. And if you have spare money then get a lenovo x201 that comes with an i5 processor.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, where are you? I hope you did not give up on art or something, cheers!

My Sketchbook

Friends

BlackDelphin
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny_K For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    0000 -

Thanks for the feedback. Actually I opted to go for the non-tablet version of the Lenovo. More options for upgrading. Plus I figured better to have a full-size tablet that I can really put in some work with from day to day.

Danny_K -

Hey dude, you guilted me into breaking my silence...lol.

Where I am is in California, and no I am not giving up on art. Quite the opposite, I am starting classes at the Concept Design Academy on Sunday. I actually have some stuff to share because I went to the Doctor Sketchy's 26-hour drawing marathon...whoa. Although I only stayed for 16 hours. However the only internet I have at the moment
    is through my cell phone so...how about a teaser?

Name:  2013 LA SKETCHYS MARATHON 001d.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  124.5 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice sketchbook man ! for your anatomy, what you need is gesture drawing, do tons of em, until your hand bleeds, then, you'll be good at drawing any pose in any angle ( anatomy is just a matter of shapes, only a few muscles are quite important and you can also learn them this way ! ) ! keep it up !!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck with your studies at the school!!!

26 hour life drawing is absurdly cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, it's been a while! I see you're living in California now and you're going to art school. AWESOME!!! Too bad about the lack of internet at the moment. Would really love to take a deeper look at all your sketches/drawing from the EPIC drawing marathon.

Seems like you're in a good place and have been making some real positive moves for yourself. Looking forward to the updates!

For feedback on the image posted (I know how much you love feedback ), the drawing on the right looks cartoon-like due to the drawing only have 1 line weight. The proportions and volume/density looks solid and she genuinely feels like she's sitting on something so nothing wonky there. The drawing on the left looks like you ran out of time before completing it. My problem with it is strong contrast of values (the strong dark and most of the rest being white), having a few intermediary tones in there would've unified the drawing more. But, like I mentioned before, you probably ran out of time.

Anyways, good work and all the best with school and keep us updated when you have time.

Cheers!

ART. MORE. NOW.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoooo welcome back mate!!! haahh you are doing it hardcore right? great!!! lets keep up !!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice thread, a lot of improvement over time.

Be aware of line weight with your figure drawings, outlining them with a dark, hard line tends to make them look flat. I would also say that some of the figures from imagination are over detailed (especially the clothing), simplify, don't just describe the clothes, suggest them instead, leave a little to the imagination (if that makes sense) maybe practice doing 30 second poses.

When shading the figure, push your values more. Generally the core/ crest shadow is the darkest part of an area in shadow, not at the very edge of the figure (if that makes sense), have a look out for it next time you're in life drawing.

Some of your figures have really nice gestures and movement. I hope you keep doing what you're doing, great sketchbook.

art blog: http://hrartwork.blogspot.co.uk/

"Don't worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick to you and show you up for better or worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do" Robert Henri

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    No more teasers man, lets see the real stuff!
    Nice work in here, as always.

Looking forward to those updates.

Sketchbook

Portfolio

Danny_K Icecold

"Good artists are the crappy artists who never gave up!!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, sorry guys. I've been meaning to post on CA for the past couple weeks and its just been ridiculously busy.
    But, this week I decided to make it a priority, so here we go.

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting, everyone.

AMkikindaface -

Thanks yeah I been trying to do more gestures, I also need to go out and sketch people at cafes and stuff...just need to carve out some time.

PMHunterKiller -

Thanks man.

Mr.Pryminista -

Thanks man, well I got internet now and its FAST Let the time wasting and distractions begin woooo

I agree about the line weights, and on the other one, yeah ran out of time, I was so pissed...and it was a 30 minute pose so I am SLOW

PMkingkostas -

SO hardcore! But not hardcore enough...there are so many amazing artists out there and you are one of them!
    So please do me a favor and stop drawing for about a year so I can catch up

black-swan -

Thanks man. One thing that he teachers at CDA are all pushing over and over is the need to edit reality and create a focal point.
    For whatever reason its something I have a hard time thinking about when I am drawing, but I am starting to at least see it.

I think some of the problem with my drapery is thats its like a hangover from studying drapery a lot. Again thats why you have
    to edit even when doing studies...which is hard because you don't already have some narrative in mind, like when designing.
    What I've been trying to do lately is set myself a series of timers for doing a study, one so I don't over-render, and also, I give
    myself a good 3 minutes or so before I even start drawing just to look at the subject and analyze it and create an 'attack plan'.

AMBlackDelphin -

As you wish...

Gonna drop these in a couple chunks. Digital Painting first. Any critiques or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Name:  BENSON_001a.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  67.2 KB

Greg Manchess study
    Name:  BENSON_002i upload.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  283.4 KB
    Name:  BENSON_002i focal point.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  120.9 KB

Greg's original painting
    Name:  ManchessSkyPeople.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  422.4 KB

Name:  Still Life final.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  514.8 KB
    Name:  WK02 in-class study.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  489.6 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yoooooooooooooooooo. Man greg manchess, thats clever. Studying this sir will make you doing confident strokes. I can say that even though i dont know lots of his works, i am very influenced by his approach.Definitely keep it up. The spheres are awesome and very important, good job.Hmm dont know what kind of feedback do you want, i am sure if you seriously study manchess [i would even say study them a la greyscale] you will gain very good info. His way for me is the way someone should work at least at the beginning stages, also his thumbnails are lovely.
    laterrrr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bra,
    Material studies - nice work. Personally, I would stay away from using that type of photoshop gradient when painting the chrome and glass materials. They are more 'symbols' for a glossy surface than an actual glossy surface and look artificial. Also, using a photoshop tool to do it does not give you practice on painting them.

Still life - colours and tones are looking good but watch out with the edges! Hard, soft and lost edges; remember to use them.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sketchbook, keep up the hard work! Your linework could be more loose though, it looks kind of stiff IMHO. Also try variating the line weight. Here are some examples by Rene Gruau (famous fashion illustrator) to illustrate what I mean by 'loose'. http://www.google.de/search?q=rene+g...w=1920&bih=987

My sketchbook

Nur die Harten kommen in den Garten

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice works Bluddy! Wish I could come up with some cogent critique for ya... but how about just a thumb up instead?

Glad to see you're back at it!

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kostas -

OK, thanks man.

HunterKiller_

I agree about the spheres, for the assignment we were told to use a soft
    round brush so, yeah. Suffice it to say that the teacher of that class
    and I do not think much alike, particularly on process.

Edges, agree again, the main crit that I got consistently was that every
    thing was a soft focus. Especially that the focal point should have had
    more punch to it.

erdbeerfeldheld -

Hey, welcome to my sketchbook! Thanks.

Yes, I think thats true that I have a tendency to stiffen up, especially
    when putting in 'finishing marks' on a project. I imagine in Mssr, Gruau's
    case he probably went through many interations of each image to get that quality.

p sage -

Well...ok for now

Thanks man...*always* drawing, not always posting. A bad habit.

---

OK so. Here is a smattering of the better stuff I did this semester.
    I mean to be regular and active and tread some new ground very soon now,
    but at the moment I am just kind of digesting and re-orienting my priorities.

I swear I did not mean to go two months without posting, very sorry about that!

From Analytical Figure Drawing:

Name:  AFD JOURNAL.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  218.6 KB

From Head and Figure (basically a transitional class between drawing and painting):

Name:  HEAD & FIG JOURNAL.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  186.9 KB

Name:  HEADNFIG_WK09_SP13 001.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  312.3 KB

From Viscom I / Dynamic Sketching:

Name:  VISCOM EXAMPLES1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  478.1 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook. You seem to be doing really well, so I don't have anythign to critique. Just keep it up! : )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Level up!
    Significant improvement, man.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HunterKiller_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    truly !!! These are all so beautifull!!!I especially love the thumbnail studies, you really got the underlying design.
    Keep up the great work !!!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh, you guys are gonna make me blush.

Kostas: I do have to admit I am a little proud of those thumbnails, but
    I also think I could have simplified them more. Just need to do MOAR.

Name:  SKETCHBOOK 001-U.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  182.0 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

40. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, the site is finally back up, guess I better update, huh?

Name:  SKETCHBOOK 001u.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  233.6 KB

Name:  SKETCHBOOK 002u.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  232.8 KB

Name:  FROM LIFE 001u.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  SKETCHBOOK 001u.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  289.5 KB

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

42. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow mate, these are totally cool!!!! I feel you are now on the right track, like using your powers. Very cool !!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sorry but this is getting a bit agonizing with the site being unpredictable.
    I keep having the gut-wrenching feeling that this is the death throes of CA, I
    sure hope that I am wrong, there is still nothing like it out there.

So, on a more positive note: figure practice!!! Unghhh, cue 'Eye of the Tiger'

hehe, this is like a weeks worth, started out lazy as crap, but I managed to get
    up to a decent pace by the end of the week. Feet too: they were giving me trouble.

Name:  01-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 001.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  55.0 KBName:  02-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 002.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  87.2 KBName:  03-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 003.jpg
Size:  68.4 KBName:  04-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 004.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  72.2 KBName:  05-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 005.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  97.8 KBName:  06-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 006.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  70.1 KBName:  07-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 007.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  125.7 KBName:  08-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 008.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  87.5 KBName:  09-SKETCHBOOK - MANNEQUIN GESTURE 009.jpg
Size:  92.1 KBName:  11-SKETCHBOOK 002.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  80.3 KBName:  10-SKETCHBOOK 001.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  43.0 KBName:  12-SKETCHBOOK 003.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  80.9 KBName:  13-SKETCHBOOK - FOOT FEET 001.jpg
Size:  80.5 KBName:  14-SKETCHBOOK - FOOT FEET 002.jpg
Size:  74.5 KBName:  15-SKETCHBOOK - FOOT FEET 003.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  121.4 KB

kingkostas -

Thanks mate!

But am I using my powers for good, or for evil??? Mwahahahaha

Seriously though LETS ALL KEEP UP wooooo! (yes, I am stealing your phrase )

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 84