Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    nice mate.great motion and energy in these figures!!!The folding work looks great!!!keep going!!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I will agree with kostas. You can really say on which direction they move. Especially the middle one is great. Keep up.

Thanks
    Yo dude, Peetaer here...I started a new SB. Just wanted to let you know man. I dont to lose touch with you man. You give the sickest critiques.

I dont have anything right now since I have to head to bad (I got work at 6am). I'll be sure to check back again tomorrow.

Cheers mate

Thanks
    Studies are looking real good! I dont know if youre stressed out or not, but either way, you should relax and have some fun drawing! Think about why you wanted to be able to draw well. I mean the types of things you want to convey, make visible on paper. Think on the other side of the picture plane. Its an empty world waiting to be populated by your own structures, machines, objects, furniture, people, and other lifeforms. Take some time to use the skills you already obviously have to play around and conjure stories or create little imaginary life. If thats what youre into, i mean. Whatever it is you do, i just hope youre enjoying it, and more than just the baseline enjoyment derived from the mental exercise of drawing anything at all or the robotic groove of my mind just thoughtlessly ordering things when i play tetris. Gotta go. I've got some of my own advice to take.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Scanlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    OKay, I'm back...a little later than promised. My bad.

Okay, what I've noticed over time as I've followed your sketchbook is that you've amassed plenty of good studies, which makes me wonder, what is it that you aim to do with your artistic and technical abilities? Do you ever draw from imagination? If so, you should post more of your imaginative stuff. Do you paint often (traditional or digital)? If so, please post so we can look and provide feedback.

That's my main critique right now. I'd like to see more of you in your artwork.

Cheers

Thanks
    the drapery studies looking nice, update more often
    My Sketchbook

Website http://www.dannykundzinshart.com

Friends
    IceCold

Blog
    Deviantart
    Facebook page

"There are no miracles, no tricks or secrets, only hard work. "

Thanks

"I guess I meant 'concentrating on lines' not in the sense of using lines to explain or understand, but in terms of
    thinking about lines instead of visualizing the flow of energy (mass, action) and the cues that suggesting dimensionality."
    I believe if you thought it, now you're aware of it and it will happen.

Thinking on lines once more, I also use light pressured lines as a container for the forms within. This envelope also contains the angle, lean, balance which is the gesture of the model. I draw a literal envelope - sides flowing in the same direction- that contains the torso. Then, I insert the rib cage and pelvis within, and know that the torso will feel as one unit with structural shapes within.

The best way to learn lighting is to draw it. Get some photos with dramatic lighting and study the path it makes, the fall-off and fade away from the source. Light has a logic that never changes. I think, to make light and shadows work for you, it goes back to understanding the form the light is falling on.
    Simplify what you see of cores on the forms. Simplify the forms. The thing with lighting is that most folks tend to complicate it, adding every little nuance and detail....and then the read is busy and chaotic. Pick only what's important to clarify the figure or object,

You're hard at work and it's paying off. Just continue to explore your figures in workshops and add approaches that work for you. Vilppu and Reilly eventually wish to accomplish a solid figure.

And yes, Kevin's got skilz.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AztcFireFlower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kingkostas -

Thanks.

knut -

Thanks.

Jason Scanlon -

Thanks man. Yeah I guess...stress is part of life. I have been busy too. Actually...falling behind on
    drawing is what stresses me out the most Bottom line is that I need to be motivated more by passion
    than by fear. I'm such an adherent of rationality and discipline, I need to work at knowing what passion is.

Mr.Pryminista -

Right on both counts, thanks man. I keep hearing this and I really need to overcome my cowardice.

Danny_K -

Thanks. I will do it!

AztcFireFlower -

Thanks for stopping by! The envelope is a useful tool, I guess my biggest problem with it is figuring out how
    to apply it within a space and depth. Sometimes I find I have my best results when I just start with placing
    the simplified forms at the first blow, having the gesture and proportion just sort of 'in mind' at a intuitive level.
    Doesn't always work though, of course...

Absolutely agree on the points on lighting. I know the weakness or lack of rendering and lighting are holding me
    back right now. I feel like if I can really get a handle on two disciplines of drawing; form-building, and
    rhythmic/lyrical use of line, I will be in good shape to be confident in attacking more painterly disciplines.

---

Well, the support is greatly appreciated thank you all. I've been getting a bit depressed with what I feel like is
    my lack of boldness and, frankly, a valid artistic voice. Some really bad second-guessing that I guess we're all
    prone to some times. I think the message is that I need to demonstrate actual artistic commitment and take risks.

Well, here's one thing I am going to commit to: daily updates. Get ready to be inundated by crap!

Some brain farts:

Attachment 1093406

Trying to start applying drapery from imagination...grr, still pretty rough:

Attachment 1093408
    sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Thanks
    Some Tai CHi tonight.

I voted!

Attachment 1094039

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Weekly Life Drawing at Towson Artists' Collective.

2 5-min and 4 10-min, from left to right

Attachment 1094615

20 mins each

Attachment 1094616

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BludHund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Fuck yeah dude, this is what I'm talking about!

Your imaginative work definitely needs work so just keep plugging away. Your drapery-from-imagination work looks awesome. I totally suck at that (something that needs to be remedied real soon).

When drawing from imagination, really think about what it is that you are trying to accomplish. Is it a creature?, a character?, a character profile?. What is your narrative/message/idea? Is it figurative or not? Ya know, shit like that. These things are much easier said than done and I apply these standards to myself as well.

Also, getting depressed about lack of boldness and not having a valid artistic voice is the last thing you want to be doing. I know that feeling; it's a shitty one but it all it does is keep you back. It's only until recently that I have learned to inwardly calm myself down and not stress about those kinds of things. All the things you want to do with your art will come with time. Just keep plugging away and be relentless. Remember, the competition does not rest.

Good to see your recent dedication to daily updates. Let's see more of this!

Thanks
    Hey Blud, please dont kill a kitten! I got some thing that may help with reference for figures, its from project I had at college, I needed some reference of people too and struggled to find anything decent on the net, so I did my own with a help of a friend.

Not sure if its what your looking for but have a look.

Xylene Fumes  - updated - 01.09

More here

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ALEKADZIE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mr.Pryminista -

Thanks. Yes, purpose/focus and relentlessness. I just don't want to be relentless in circles...gotta grow, know what I mean?

ALEKADZIE -

Wow, thank you. That's very generous, I'll have to return the favor.

---

Some pose/gesture thumbnails.

Attachment 1095921

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Thanks
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,969 Posts
    yayyy just keep pushing mate!!!THe studies are great.Yeah let yourself free.Do whatever comes to your mind.I carry with me an "ass sketchbook" as i call it and i do in there whatever random, from alien women with 100 boobies to headless bodies on different poses, to random building entrances from mind and stuff.Just let your creativity come out

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kingkostas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    kingkostas -

Thanks.

Hmmm...your idea of an 'Ass sketchbook' interests me...

---

Anyways:

More dr-dr-drapery. This stuff is finally starting to make some kind of sense. I feel much better

Attachment 1096545

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast