Art: planned model for DooM³ - concept art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: planned model for DooM³ - concept art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

planned model for DooM³ - concept art

I thought up a model for DooM³ wich I will model in 3 weeks or so (When I get my new RIG). Anyway, it took me 3 hours total to make this picture there are meny flauws. most off them I know (chained foot is wrong positionised wich makes him look unstable, the feet needed to be bigger to make him look more stable and he is missing his pinky toe "why do you think his feet are bloody ")

Anyway.. if you find more flauws or have any crits or just want to praise me into heaven for my 1337 photoshop skills ;P .. go ahead

ooh.. here's the pic (almost forgot it ^_^)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe Hallo!

hmmm well you pretty much pointed out all the flaws by yourself so...uhm...nothing much to say...oh yeah depending on how human he's supposed to be he's arms seems a little too long(his hands should reach to the middle of his thigh)

also...one more thing although it's totally subjective...but I think it would be cooler if that pillar was chained to one of his arms instead...thereby making it a potential weapon.(could be chained to his legs aswell...but I like it the other way around )

his shoulders also seems to be hanging a little too low.

anyways good job...just correct those mistakes and it'll be even better...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think to solve the balance issue you need to rotate his entire body counter-clockwise a bit. Since he appears to be putting his weight on both feet (planted position), then you should be able to draw a line straight down from the center of his head and have it land inbetween both feet (lil trick from Art School, if he is putting all his weight on one foot, then the spine needs to be titlted and the line from the center of the head should come down right where the foot is, etc. etc.)

I like the concept for the character, and the painting technique. Very nice.

-Sean

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the blood is very nicely rendered, the splatterage is my favorite part of this peice...really gives the imaging of a recent awsome fist pounding- detroit style even.
    I like the big fists and the elongated forearms. the left fist seems a little mishapen, or the left wrist is too thick compared to the other.
    personally, i want to see some stiches holding the head on. and yer right, he needs much bigger feet
    cool concept, would love to see the model

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thnx for the replies guys. I am not going tho fix the issues. I have the idea in my head for the model, so I know on how to execute it.
    If I have anything to showw on the model I will let you guys know.
    the doom3 model will be a bit more fearsome. (better skin texture etc. more zombie like)

anyway.. /me begins modeling

Hey PriNcE oF SpAcE.. nice to see you around

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.