Sketchbook: AztcFireflower's Figures 'n' Stuff - Page 9
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Judging by contents in SB, am I Dude or Gal?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dude

16 26.23%
  • Gal

45 73.77%
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: AztcFireflower's Figures 'n' Stuff

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    oh man, crazy goddam updates,
    and btw I was not talking about him I was talkign about you .how your portraits had some faults. not glaring but still theya re there.oh and really inspiring post there. now even I ahve the fire in my belly or si that just acidity? dunno . the stuff keeps getting better , but I know you can push yourself more.and btw I am also working hard too. so keep your eyes open, cuz I might just kick you ass ( bwahahaha ---you know , the evil laugh).
    take care.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aztc: I guess one can only steel themselves in preparation of seeing what you do when you get 'revved' up. I think my heart and brain are going to be sitting in a shitty pool in my pants.
    Oddly, I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    My best to you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess that that last post was today wasn't it. Good I wont have to bug you today. Keep up the posting. Every day.

I'm liking the enviro-thumbs. You should more like that. There is something about doing completely different subject matter that makes you open your eyes and actually see. Do you know what I'm talking about?

All of your people drawings are great. The one fourth from the bottom stands out though. You nailed the light in that one. The mood comes across very well.

Hey! I haven't seen any sp's yet. Why don't you do one? Or do you not want your face on the internet because your drawing is the same as posting a photo. I could understand that. I avoid posting photos of myself. I don't worry about sp's though because I'm not good enough for anyone to recognise me from my art.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    as always, your work is inspiring. i hope you don't ever stop!

ps. subscribed. hehehe..

I'm looking for work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn lady, this one - http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1169848618 is great!

thank you for giving me tips in painting, helped me out a lot!
    tiger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As always, I love your lines... just gorgeous, especially the drapery on the woman's dress up there.

One nitpick crit - I think the drawing of your sister in law might be a little chin-heavy. You generally get proportions spot on, though, so maybe she just has a large chin?

Anid Maro is offline Psychotic Eldritch Zeppelin Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful work.

By the way, I just have to comment on these two images.

I was looking at how long the page was and thought "Damn, that's a lot of scrolling, I'm just gonna shoot straight to the bottom here and check out her latest works" and for about 1/30th of a second those two images flashed by my screen and I instantly was able to recognize them as male portraits. Damned good portraits at that, so I doubled back for a look-see.

When an image takes only a mere fraction of a second to be read and understood, that's when you know it's good!

-My work can be found at my local directory thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The oil paintings are beautiful!! Very smooth looking!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1169848644 - cool hair and pose!

Good stuff!

SKETCHBOOK

Sinister Six Sketch Group
    Since 2003, sorta.
    Cookiedough Fooxoo Hyver Wolfje character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I.....admire you.......(faints).

I am glad that I can say that I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't swear.

Shit, I do drink and smoke.

MyBlog: http://worldofmishimi.blogspot.com

Tatooine Blog http://starwars.blog.hr
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Aztc, thanks for all your support

your anatomical knowledge is simply outstanding, i am in awe of all the goodness

you inspire me to keep working!! i try update more but my scanner is too small
    and im borrowing cameras at the mo but id really appreciate it if you keep hanging around.
    also, im working on some master copies at the moment so you can come by soon and rip me apart!!

keep it up!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mmm I see you eyeing this thread ... an update I hope.
    Or else hehehee

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I swear to you all, I'm not slacking, Just that............Dangnm! I'm #$%^*ing slow! When I start serious studies, can't go fast. Trying to absorb every little bit. Also want to accumulate drawngs to post and keep the pages full of my better efforts and of some interest. Once a week is what it's developing as.
    Now have 3 paper sketchbooks going: An environment design, a creature/character design, and a master copy study book. I will work in each one as the mood or inspiration strikes me in a particular day. But, they're all being hit up as I work out all the issues in my skill sets.

This is what I'm doing:
    Copies of artists I like to feed the design part of my brain. To inspire, to see and internalize the breakup of shapes, values as these artists saw them.
    The ones in focus for now: Dana Gibson, Dean Cornwell, Alphonse Mucha, and Frank Frazetta for line design sense.

Copying Gibson for some pretty good reasons.
    1st of all, his design of hair is outstanding. In the solid stroke of a pen, you can clearly see his design of masses as well as his aesthetic choices in stroke direction.
    2nd: To get faciltiy of the pencil stroke, more fluidity in each sweep, co-or-din-a tion of the hand! CONTROL!
    3rd reason: Gibson knew how to draw people. He drew beautiful women, handsome men and some of the most amazing characters and attiude with minimal indication.
    And there is a 4th reason,....in next post.

1st 3 are copies of Gibson's pen and ink. I used a mechanical pencil.
    Was inspired with some amazing creature designs here in CAorg and tried my hand. Creatures are a bit flat as I work out a rendering of forms from the mind. Kinda lacking in imagination and free flow ideas. But, hoping with time it gets better.

Attached Images Attached Images            
    Last edited by AztcFireFlower; February 1st, 2007 at 11:54 AM.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Aztec, I'll drop in later with a more decent post - a have a ton of work to do - just wanted to say updates are stunning. In particular the design of each drawing and the balance of straight and curved lines - very effective, stunning pieces!

Later!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang Aztc, awesome updates. Well, I ain't got the right to say this but.. I guess drawing just takes patience like you said. But those are really awesome sketches you've got there. I'd like to see more soon. That reminds me... i gotta start workin on them figures again.. Argh. Hahah.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AmazingActionApe Hey glad you decided to stop in. The cats were not as successful in design as those of other artists with great graphic sense, but I had fun drawing them. Yeah. Time to take care of my own stuff.
    Hey Brendan Great ideas for design. Losing control is so hard to do for a long-time clean-up artist.
    But I find that's exactly what it's going to take to push the creative limits I have right now. My old effects animation supervisor, Michel Gag˝e, used to say "animating effects requires organized chaos". Makes sense in all aspects of art. Hope you like the update. Look forward to your comments. Thanks for the nice words on my oils. Checked out Manu, yep, nice feel for linework. 'Kay, now who is nicolas?
    bhanu BRING IT! Let's see where that fire takes you. I'm curious to see where I end up. The more people running wih the same goal and energy keeps us all charged up.
    Thanks for checking up and your support.
    Helzon Haha, NOOoo! Don't do it.
    I'va lot to learn from you. Thanks so much for your advice. Will incorporate all of it in my next Painter attempt..............soon.
    Hi Q Am always glad to see your comments here. Your encouraging words have been sustaining and keeps me plugging away. Enviros do use a different set of brain cells. I find that I enjoy thumbnails. Quick and easy way to get ideas out and really use graphic shapes, silhouettes, negative space to a high degree. Quite therapeutic.
    SP? Hmmm,.......Someday, perhaps. But, don't sell yourself short. Have gotten a pretty good gist of what you look like from your SP's back in your book.
    Still waiting.............bug-eyed cat is going to sleep...........

shidoken Hi and thanks for your supportive comments. Am liking what you do when you're bored. I know there are going to be some great things happenig as you fill up your SB.
    Hey Tigermilk Thank you. Glad you could use some of that advice. It's something I've just worked through, and still solidifying myself.
    Hi Gryphon Thank you for dropping in once again. Yeah, love my sis-in-law to pieces, but she is a bit round. I probably didn't define her chin very well, as flesh rather than bone mass. Next time, I'll watch for that.
    Anid Maro Hi. Thanks for your visit. A quick read is important in concept so thanks for mentioning that. That's cool to know.
    Hi fooxoo Thank you. I appreciate your visit and kind words. Model had a blow-out wig. It was enjoyable to describe with charcoal.
    miljenko Thank you. Keep on drawing and creating.
    Don-key Your work is one I keep in mind as I try to get a feel for depicitng invented figures. The flow and energy in your drawings is what I am working to incorporate in my critters. Will definitely be checking your SB for updates.
    Fureatenshi Hey thanks for dropping in. Yes, much patience and alot of commitment. Do it! Work on them figures!

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    dont worry man i am bringing it. I wanna draw and kick ass(yours ? maybe Hehe).nice hatched lineslike the parallelness I always screw up trying to do that. you good . actually I think almost all your peices have a classical feel to them , some have styles from the 50s. monters look yummy ( I wanna eat them).nicey nice .
    take care and keep drawing .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey aztc! great to see another update, lines and anatomy looking amazing.
    Sorry if I it has been said, but for how long have you been drawing? Feeling curious.

more!
    tgr

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very very nice shading i see, u must be professional about life drawings.

Mustafa Cetin | mustafacetin.deviantart.com |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I only wish i could give you:

Absolutely loving the work on the ladies, and the aquatic(?) creatures have a wonderful flow and gracefulness to them. The last one is a bit contrived but is interesting nonetheless.
    Can't wait to see more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NICE design, ill drop around with some critiques later,
    right now I'm just spreading the love
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1170318321

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh DEAR MOTHER OF ALL GODS!!!
    (I just saw your other updates)
    This one, the chroma!! the values!!! Oh may I love it
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169873388
    I wanna become your aprentice dam sweet hue shifts!!! Im just
    utterly floored

this has some great modeling of form as well,
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169886036

this one its got such nice atmosphere
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169848618

and at last I'm really likening how subtle the values are on this one,
    just enough to get the form across, its got such nice balance!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169873254
    That pinch of a highlight makes everything sing so well!!

Iv said it before and ill say it again, I so want to learn to paint like you ,
    I wish I could critique you but imo your doing really good work,
    I just want to see you posting more of it, and keep hammering with
    both imaginative and life model stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nicolas? Nicolas..

What got me about his work is that stuff most artists would do digitally he does traditionally - tons of acrylic sketches and doodles, full of energy. He may not match up to the draughtsmanship of other artists, but the cheer energy with which he attack a traditional medium is pretty inspiring.

His icon is next to Malin's in the banner at the top of the page. Treat yourself and browse through those artists!

about the updates - mind blowing! The studies are amazing - like I said the balance between straight and curved lines is slapping me in the face, and the linear shading style you've employed is looking awesome. A lot of personality has also made its way into the faces, always good to see people and not just faces.

The creature designs look great too, love the shapes in all of them. If I had to be nitpicky I'd say the last on lacks some form (suppose it's inherent from the original), but I think it would make for and awesome animated creature - like in a disney movie. Dig the other three even more - real good job on those!

organised chaos - exactly! Saw a small tut, can't remember by whom unfortunately, but he developed about 8-12 faces out of scribbles. Just scratching a bit, making squiggles, and then trying to see face in that. He said the object was to do something he normally wouldn't do. Think that's a fastest way to break the mould, have a go! lol

But overall, no crits. Your work is absolutely stellar as usual. Sorry for not being able to offer too much advice, your just to far ahead of me lol.
    ciao!

- d.

Last edited by Brendan N; February 3rd, 2007 at 08:46 AM.
    Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yeah!

These simple, line, master, copies [too many commas?] I love 'em! I have always wanted to be good at simle lineword without much rendering. My sketchbook attests to that, I hardly ever tried to render something. I want to be your apprentice too!!! It's great seeing you do this lineart. Don't get me wrong rendering is the peak of art. IMO. To be able to realisticly render is the top of the top, but there is nothing like some simple line drawings to show off an artists talent. They have a way of stripping away all the fancy embelishments and showing exactly how well the artist knows his subject. How well he can communicate an idea in the simplist form possible.

Where was I? Oh, yeah!

In a nutshell, very nice on the linework pieces. The creature designs are cool. They don't look particualarly flat, and even if they were, they are designs right? Once you figure out how they look then you can worry about making them look 3d.

The dog is coming. Just slower than I'd at first imagined. I want to get that pooch right, Note the Dog Studies. He'll just get your blender head cat while he's snoozing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AztcFireFlower
    The first bunch is 5 min. The last 5 about 10 min. so was able to work a little on values.
    You know how some things just don't click until the right moment when someone says/does something just the right way?

Looking at the first page (for the third time now) I just had a moment.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOVE the gibson studies, beautiful lines. reminds me of some of sargents explorations of the subtleties of profile shapes.
    im also really enjoying all those portraits you dumped, great work! lots of hard work. but im sure its fun! keep the inspiration flowing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the shading in the latest drawings reminds me of harold speed, i love the way you work the hair in the first one, i don't like the face quit much but the shading is working really well.
    I would like to see some character work from you and more creatures too.
    Keep up the hard work, always a pleasure to stop by.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa. incredible pencils and paints! your figure studies are so damn impressive. now seein' some critters makes me even happier. great range!
    sweet bajoobies, keep em comin'!
    d

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bloody....DAMNm.m.......erhemngh!
    your above what i can offer you in the way of crits, all i can give is
    support....GO TEAM! ahhh, i mean GO Aztcfir....flwr....yea GO!!!
    i just sit back and watch in awe, GRRRREAT stuff.
    perhaps one day i will be of use to you but til then, sorry your just gonna have to put up with the jabba jabba jabba

pld:

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 81