Sketchbook: :: BlackBeret ::
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: :: BlackBeret ::

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

:: BlackBeret ::

Wow, I just have to start by saying that a lot of the artist here look very talented. I'm really looking forward to any help that you guys can help me. So I guess that goes to say I'm not all that good . Though I try to draw everyday and love doing it. So hopefully with your guys help I can get better and better. Also if I'm breaking any rules or somthing please let me know. I tried reading them but they really only appeared to be a couple of sentences long so I'm not sure if it was the right thing or not.

Anyways I'm going to start this out with a rose I did awhile back. This is probably one of my better works. I uassly just do comic book chars and stuff. I have some still life stuff but I really need to get into real life anatomy and stuff. So any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BlackBeret; May 4th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yea, this is supposed to be Black Cat from Spiderman. I'm having a little problems here and there like with the mask, lips, and the hair. So any help wou;d be really apreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is supposed to be one of the TMNT. I'm having a little trouble with the anatomy so anyone who can help me with the anatomy and muscles for this guy that would be great. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Heres a little somthing extra. Just some quivk little practice sketches I did while watching south park.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I've been having trouble with the female anatomy so I decided to do bat girl as an excuse to practice. Any sugestions or tips on how to improve the anatomy would be great.

------------------------------------------

Just doing some quick face sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I did this mainly just to practice the face and features. Just added the whole Dhalism thing later. So Any comments on face structure and all that would be great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Prcaticing the face. I need to do more things like this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A Viera from FF12. Still working on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just some more practice. I actually had the full page filled out but this is all I wanted to show. This is from a painting of St. George killing the dragon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This is a portrait I'm doing and as you can see I'm having a little some problems. I'm trying to use hatch lines for the shading but I guess there to big or somthing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

So I updated this. Tryed making smaller lines and all that. Not sure if it's any better. This is my first time doing this so I'm still kinda experimenting. Suggestion would be great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe like you am I kind of new to the game, but keep praticing. I've borrowed some bridgman and hogarth books from the library, maybe you could do that also

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, I've actaully done the same thing. I havent seen Hogarth, but one of my fav books to check out is Brigdemans complete guide to drawing from life.

(I need to use it more thought)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe i know what you mean. i have them on my desk and look at them like once every other day. i should devote a day to actually reading through them and studying them lol. that loomis pdf is really handy to look at too. do you have that?

"There is neither good nor bad, only you make it so." -William Shakespeare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol, yeah I got that also. I've used that a couple of time for the human head and stuff. I have yet to look at any parts that talk about the rest of the body.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Decided to do a little hatch line practice since it appears I'm so bad at it. Any sugestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm not sure what this guy name is. I just refer to him as MAD. For those who may not be familiar with him or who cant tell who it is, it's supposed to be the boy from MAD Magazine. CnC plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just doing some more practice. Top one is a shoulder and some kids face and second is a turkey or chicken. I never really knew if there was a difference. Any tips on how I can improve?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey blackberet

I like those looser drawings you did. I think you should continue your anatomy studies. those are always good to see. a crit for your rendering would be to vary your line weight. mastering that is what is gonna help make things look more dimensional. post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why don't you stop worrying abou hatching, and concentrate on getting the structures of things first, like using planar analyses or cross contour. Y'know concentrate on using line to define shape and volume, light and dark.

maybe use hatching to show the difference in angle and such, but later you would want to try and use only value, light, dark to show the subject. The absence of line altogether. As in no hatching, cuz hatching is line.

My sketchbook

My finished work

Get the full scoop on my personal Project 'Titanomachy' Here My Deviant Art page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SantaClaus- I still do a lot of loose anatomy work, like just quick 1 minute sketches of a persons body, I just dont post them. Also when u talk about verying the lines weight u mean like the closer the object is the darker the line should be or somthing? (thats somthing Ive wanted to try for awhile)

TGping- Well I only did hatching b/c I wanted to try it out, I had never done it before. Though I would like to try analyses or cross contour, if I knew what they where. If you could show me some examples that would be great.

Thanks for the comments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Batman. I'll probablly go back later and add shading and stuff. How does the anatomy look so far?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres somthing I just wanted to added quickly. It's the batman I drew a year ago and I think the first time I drew him. Have I've improved?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Yes the lines are big and it's a bit messy. This is just another quick little sketch I did before I went to bed. So far my big concern is the hair though. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Got this art book called "The Art of Diskworld". Honeslty I dont have a clue what Diskworld is, apperntly it was a game at one point or somthing. Anyways here are just some of the quick sketches I did using the book.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just did some practice using one of Bridgman's books. Also did a quick sketch of this char from The Mark of Kri while I was playing counter strike.........now I need to find my christmas lights. CnC plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Just practcing some more hands and arms. Added a little skull for the hell of it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Champaign glass. Not much to say besides that. Kinda wish I had more time to work on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Watch the third LOTR movie last night. To be quite honest I'm not a big fan of the whole series. Though I did enjoy seeing the battle scenes. Anyways here's some kind of orc or something. CnC plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gandalf from the LOTR. Having a bit of trouble with the hair.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some more practice. I'm a little unsure about the anatomy of the women. CnC plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I feel unsure about is lower jaw. I need to be practicing more..............CnC plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I've been working on a lot of art projects lately. This is my latest and probably my favorite to date. I kinda wanted to spend a little more time defining it a bit but the teacher said it was fine and I didn't really have the time. Kinda happy to see that I'm starting to get better at defining my charcoal work. All my previous work was always really soft. Anyways CnC plz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.