Thanks

my website! need tips and pointers...

http://www.franciscogalarraga.com

Now that's a complex name for a person and a site! This a design for my portafolio donde about a year ago. I still like it, just need to make some content updates. Please check it out guys, and tell me what you think. I intend to port this same design (with some changes) to flash, but until I learn that technology, I'm going to leave it that way, possibly adding another row or two of art and design below the menu belong. Please crit me every possible way! On typography, layout, feel and such. If you have some HTML pointers, then please be my guest!

One thing I'd like to ask is to somone to point me out in how I can make the site news updatable, or better yet, how can I integrate a blog into my site, without just opening another window. I want to be able to update easily and post some news as they come, but I can't find out how to do it besides using plain HTML...

thanks in advance!
    GriNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The web-design looks very nice. Try not to use flash as it's not a good friend for us coders, also not all browser support it since it's "proprietary software". For blogging try wordpress, there are many other alternatives though.

Thanks
    Flash is a pain in the butt and it doesn't index well in search engines. If you are keeping s similar design and it works, why go to flash?

Thanks
    All in all, a nice website. Some pointers:

- JavaScript for the rollover. Why not make it straight HTML and use clicking for a change, using multiple html-files? I always find it annoying when I can't keep an image displayed because it's only rollover-active. This would also add more accessability. Some people have Flash disabled, but LOTS of people have JS disabled.

- Another advantage of multiple files will be that one can copy a different URL for different images. ATM, no one can point another guy to a specific image on your site. That's a SUPER SUPER no-go.

- This one is subjective because I'm don't understand spanish, but the site's title looks like a menu to me.

- Relating to the latter, one thing bugs me: The structure of your typography is a little weird. You have the big Title up and outside of the frame, then a menu with a different font and smaller, this time inside, and the contact outside again. Why does the contact button outshine the (more important) navigation items? The main reason for the weird look is that the navigation is too close to the content of the site (thumbnails) and the rest is seperated. I'd rethink it.

- Unusual, but I like the dominating black in your design.

- The kerning in your title typography results in some nasty holes. Maybe right aligned is better?

I like your graphic designs, very nice.

Thanks
    thanks for the tips everyone! specially jabo. so now thanks to your points of view, I'm going to go for an all HTML design, with as least javascript as possible, and I'll try to integrate it to a MOVEABLE TYPE blog system... it looks promising to use, but it'll be a from zero learning process.

Attached is a photoshop "fix over" list I made after reading your comments. What do you think on it? Thanks in advance!

GRiNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Do you have plans for an alternate english version? So far so good because there is so little text but if you add a cv, it would be useful to have both languages. You don't have to translate all the blog but the cv +contact info would be good.