Art: My tribute to Moebius

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My tribute to Moebius

First off, here's my little drawing of Blueberry, a famous character of Jean Giraud, a. k. a. Moebius. The posture and composition is all mine, I just jumped to one of many comic editions for reference on a technique.

For those who like this master's art, you may watch this sneak peak into a documentary on his technique (in French, but valuable even without the verbal part). Click .

I wonder what people on this Forum think of Franco-Belgian/European Comics and Moebius. I think of readers from USA in particular, since the style of these comics is different from the typical American comics. It is interesting to read on how this distincitve style of modern comics evolved in France in postwar years. The thing was, they had a rather nationalist culture policy sponsored by DeGauls government. So, in order to draw young people away from american comics, they pushed their own brand. Ironically, at least when Moebius is concerned, these comic artists grew up on Will Eisner, Raymond and other golden-agers, so European comics become the reinvention of traditional American comics. Sort of.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by miljenko; November 2nd, 2006 at 05:17 AM.
    I am glad that I can say that I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't swear.

Shit, I do drink and smoke.

MyBlog: http://worldofmishimi.blogspot.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good job!

I actually prefer European comics than most of the standard American comics many people are familiar with. Mainly because a lot of European comics I find to be original in approach and style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for that movie, that was great. Most of the artists I know love european comics and find them very cinematic.

Nice job in capturing the style of the blueberry comics. I'm curious about his left hand, it seems blurry. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Patzdon, I sorta share your view.

Kreed: the reason is my sloppiness, I guess . So, did you watch the whole bit? You need to pay to do that. I still haven't, so if its good and informative, I'll chip in, too.

I am glad that I can say that I don't drink, I don't smoke and I don't swear.

Shit, I do drink and smoke.

MyBlog: http://worldofmishimi.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moebius is my hero of all times! I used to study the way he draw and used it to find my own style.
    Nice drawing - a crit would be he seem a tad short and stif. Keep it up and learn all you can

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.