young asian girl

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

young asian girl

Here's a new piece I am working on. I haven't fully worked out the idea yet but this is what I got so far. Please crit me on anythgn you see, cause I need it. I didn't use reference...I need to start doing that again. I plan on puttign pattern on her dress and throwing a key around her neck to give some mystery to it.
    Thanks!

Rich

young asian girl

original sketch

young asian girl

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know what it is, but something about the painting draws my eye to just below her bust... maybe it's too sharp there while the rest of the image is so blurry? I'm not sure really, maybe I just like boobies Other than that I really do like it, the only thing bothering me is the chinese dragon design thing in the back... for some reason it makes the painting look like you just took the smudge tool and went nuts. Great job though, I'm working on painting with my wacom

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the bridge on her nose doesn't look very asian that and the lips makes her look almost middleeastern or indian. tone some of that down and focus on the drawing and less on the colors for now

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in addition to the features not looking very asian (maybe put some more yellow tones in it too), she doesn't look very young. i like the style though, and nice rendering of the dress.

HP Farvus Onir YihyoungLi d-CepT
    --------------------------------
    www.emilysu.net
    Facebook me! Emily Su at UTexas at Dallas!!!
    emilysuart.blogspot.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not that Im an expert on anatomy or anything, but from my escapades in Malaysia Ive notcied that most chinese girls have rather thin chins and high cheekbones.

Eyes and noses vary, although the stereotype is thin eyes (or for Japanese, round eyes with a highlower eyelid) and flat noses.

www.jcmrpgart.blogspot.com
    (Art from my rpg sessions)
    www.612toapocalypse.blogspot.com
    (My webcomic)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would say: blacker hair, not so heavy eyebrows, little more work rendering the epicanthic fold of her eyelids, and the bridge of the nose softened down. The skin could stand to be a little more light golden, a little bit less red.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This isn't finished, right?
    If so..then I can't say much. But if it is finished, there a few things to point out...Some contrast on the top of head would be nice- it looks like a completely seperate color from the rest of her hair. Everything(besides her face) looks messy. If she's not wearing a long sleeve I suggest bending the arms a little, or at least emphasize that fact that her elbows exist.

very good:] I'm a not as good as you, but I'm practicing critiques... I hope it's okay.. ><

'sho face

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ohboyohboy, can I play too? ;-)

The first thing that strikes me as needing more work is the light. What sort of light-source is it? The colors should be telling me a lot about the light, and what they’re saying right now is that maybe she is standing in the shade under an awning on a very sunny day. Her main light-source is sunlight filtered through the awning – perhaps through a khaki-colored cloth awning.

If that doesn’t float your boat, I think you still have lots of opportunity to tell other stories about where she is by changing the color, direction, and intensity of the light, and by adding a secondary light-source.

Aside from that, she strikes me, as well, as being not entirely Asian. In fact she looks a great deal like a couple of women I know who are of mixed Asian/European ancestry.

Keys. . . I’m such a sucker for old keys. . .

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.