Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Cool sketchbook. I like how you have began pushing the perspective.

TheRoad

Transition from Art Critic to Artiste - Diligence, that's all I need.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Nice sketchbook. hmm... everything looks good so far. The only thing that bothers me a little on some of the images, I think the coloring and style of the heads dont match with the details of the body. Only on a couple of them though. I like the robots and ship designs.
    keep em coming.

Thanks
    Hi Chris,

I said I'd stop by so here I am...

Some nice stuff here, although I was expecting(hoping) to see 'reeal' sketchbook stuff...anatomy studies, still lifes etc...most of this stuff looks 'finished' to me.

The head sketches: I'll not comment on your Wacom technique...cos I know fuck-all about that, but as for the basic drawing of the face I think you are maybe pushing 'cute' a little too far. As a result, you're slightly loosing the form of her nose..the tip (which I think is slightly too long even for this style) appears to be bending away from us, & the hole of her nostril appears to be placed more on the side of her nose rather than on the underside . Totally dig the stylised hair cut tho..even without seeing the rest of the figure this is obviously a sci-fi image.

Supergirl: LOL..you're a bad man Chris! I think you need to adjust the perspective on her extended arm, it just looks too long, & if her arm was so extended, herher deltoid would be much closer to her head. Fun pic tho, I have a friend who is a Supergirl nut, I'd like to send them this if you don't mind.

Alpha Bettie concept stuff: These are nice, even if I do find that all your female faces look too similar, & that padded black outfit is gonna be a bugger to draw panel after panel. The plane/fighter ship designs are awesome...I'm a sucker for this futuristic-retro stuff . The actual strip is good, the story telling is fine (although I'd like to see more) & you have achieved a good sense of scale.

Mars Attacks: Awesome! lol

Pink COW: Like it, of the two I prefere the saturated version

Greyscale pieces: My favorite stuff on here, & more like the kind of stuff I was expecting. i think the 'TC' girl is your best female face, a nice balance between realism & comic-book cute.

Star Trek: Judging by the girl, it's definately cold in space.

Hulk: Aw, poor doggy! I can see what you're trying to do with the pumped up anatomy, but it's not quite coming off. You can't just take regular anatomy & make it bigger. For example, in really muscular specimins, the sheer mass of the pec's & delt's mask the form of the clavicle, making it all but hidden, & the 'bump' on the inner elbow caused by the humerous on a regular proportioned person is totally covered by mass of the forearm flexors on some one as massive as you have represented the HULK.

On the whole, nice work Chris, I'll stop by again some time soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Staz Johnson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mad Science...

I finished an image (see below) I did for my workshop series in the German game developer magazine 'GameStar/dev'. So if you live in Germany and want to know how the image was made go and buy the next issue of the mag in february... ...hehe.

Thanks for your comments guys!
    Here is my feedback...

legionare: Thx! Yes I'm working on my first US comic 'Alpha Bettie' right now. It isn't finished yet because I had to take some months off last year. I do it all in my spare time. I will finish it the next weeks. I'm working on the pencils of the last pages and have to finish inks and colors after that.
    To draw more quickly you should start sketching without concentrating on your linework. Take a look at other sketchbooks here at conceptart.org... there is so many good stuff out there you can learn from. I think I should post more sketches here (right Staz? )

Dreamworker: Thank you!

darkchild: Thanks man! Great you like it so far and want to check by more often...

NicoRaven: Thx! I like to play with perspective in 3D and I think I should play a little more in my 2D works too. This is only the beginning.

kuroart: Thank you! You noticed what I prefere to draw ... I really should work on every part equally. I will work on it

Staz: A big THANK YOU for stopping by. This is my chance to say it here in my sketchbook: "Your Civil War oneshot ruled man!". Thank you for all your comments and taking the time to analyse my work in detail. I totally appreciate it... and because from now on I will buy everything you work on... promise hehehe. Thx again man.

Oh and Staz is totally right... my posted stuff is looking too finished. I think I should post more sketch stuff in the future.

... but first another 'finished' piece... I call it "Scientist In Love"...

Name:  ChrisNoeth_scientistinlove.jpg
Views: 8737
Size:  488.0 KB

Best,

Chris

Last edited by Chris Noeth; January 20th, 2007 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks
    eheheh very nice idea ( I love NY bahahaha ), I like especially the colors and the retro design of the image, I think that you could obtain more dynamis of figure if you used a little torsion of the robot chest!
    Keep more update mate
    ciao

Thanks
    gratz for geting into "gamestar"
    hopefuly some of the readers can gather enough attention between their wow burning crusade raids ^^

my sketchbook
    friends Sketchbooks:Dile_, Stine
    my flickr go there if you want to see my photography stuff

<mildly sarcastic remark that seems a little cutting at first read, but contains wisdom and is really rather funny>

Ilaekae: "I'm sick and tired of "purists" who dictate their own anal preoccupations to everybody else as the word of gods."

Thanks
    Tnx Chris! I working my first book too. Some sketches please thank you! You can send me a mail with you pictures. My mail adress is byzantia26@yahoo.com
    There is my link: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sea...archid=2170838

Thanks
    The last one is great!
    Can it be you like the retro designs?

Where will your comic be published?

Thanks
    hey chris,

great sb, guess this latest piece is my favorit! perspective is probably a little extreme, but the dynamic is great!

how long do i still have to wait for "alpha bettie"?

Thanks
    That sientist fella is funny.

Thanks

I'm old... no... I mean the stuff in this post today is old.

First: The image in this post is some old stuff I did some years ago as a backcover illustration for a 'Perpetrated Press' roleplaying book.

The reason I post some old art today is I always wanted to post with showing some art too and I can't show any of my new stuff yet, so I use this old image instead while posting. And I had to post because you guys are crazy and giving me and the sketchbook 5 stars! THANK YOU! I appreciate it and I will work hard to keep up the quality. Thx again!

To your posts:

Dreamworker: Thanks! Great you like the idea and the design I think this kind of image (with the 'mad' professor) can only work with some kind of retro design. Something new would look too strange I think. The robot has to look like he was made from cheap parts and by one guy only... some kind of garage production... like Apple (just kidding!) hehe

Infinit: Thx man! It is not the 'normal' Gamestar btw... it is the GameStar/dev magazine for developers... and hopefully they don't play Burning Crusade too much

legionare: Thank you! I tried to look up your link but it isn't working. Can you post another please?

Flesheater: Thx! Nice Avatar btw ...and as I said before I think the retro design is the only one which works with this kind of 'story' behind the image. But you are right (a little bit ) I like the retro stuff. Must be my fable for Flash Gordon. And regarding Alpha Bettie: I can't talk about it yet. It will be announced when the issue is finished.

Arne S.: Thx man! Great to see you here again ... I think the perspective can't be extreme enough hehe Regarding Bettie: I had to finish some other stuff like the workshop and will finish pencils on Bettie soon. It has to be inked and colored then which will take me some time too... so realistically and because I only can work in my spare time on Bettie I think it will take some more weeks. Keep a look at my blog (www.chrisnoeth.de) where I will post when it is finished. Probably there will be some preview stuff before too

Dynamike: Thank you! You should see his brother... hehe

Name:  old_00004.jpg
Views: 3130
Size:  242.3 KB

Best,

Chris

PShameless self-promotion... ... if you are from Germany and want to read my 'Making Of' of my 'Scientist In Love' image go and buy the game developer magazine 'GameStar/dev'.

Thanks

Cartoony NO MORE! :)

I've got some feedback on my work from the last months. All in all people like it but want to see more 'realistic' and less cartoony stuff... so your wish is my command and I will show you something else... starting with this... it is called...

"The Ring"

Name:  Chris-Noeth-The-Ring.jpg
Views: 4428
Size:  145.1 KB

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Very nice concepts...
    i really like the idea about Alpha Betti...the combination of old timer airplanes and future space crafts ^^!
    Personally i dont mind cartoony you have your style which is great!
    Bright and clean!

~B. Klarić
    ---SSG#46---
    Blaz ł MarkWinters ł petitemistressł sfa ł Shmaba
    -

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 14