Sketchbook: jabo's book - Page 6

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: jabo's book

Thanks
    Camara: Thanks again. Yeah, faces come together slowly. But they can become really boring, especially when you have imagined the right body for a certain face, unable to paint/draw the rest. That's why I'm working on all body areas simultaneously. Will check your sb tomorrow, too late now.

Here's a new one. Started as an enviro, but then I saw a face in one of the rocks. ~ 45 minutes. Well...

Last edited by Jabo; August 21st, 2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Ok. News. I did it. Bought a Macbook. What can I say... a new world. I've been using Macs at work for years and my first computer was a Mac (12 years ago, hehe), but I always had PCs at home because I used to be a gamer. Now that I don't play games anymore, it was the most rational decision to leave Windows behind and jump into the Apple hype. I'll post a photo of my workspace as soon as I have a card reader at hand. Until then, here's the first painting made on my little new machine.

Last edited by Jabo; August 21st, 2011 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Jabo, how's it hanging?

your thread deserves more attention than it gets.

Cool experiments. you would probably gain alot if you spent more time on your speedpaints trying to push them to the next level (I suffer from the same disease )

Thanks
    Hey Jabo! Thanks for your comment. I will definitely start looking more into facial anatomy.

As for you sketchbook, I am seeing improvements! Really diggin this one http://www.drain5.com/pics/ART/speed...erner_wald.jpg . I also like the one with the faces in the mountain. Keep working on your figures, focus more on line quality and correct construction, and lets see more pencils mate. They seem to be your weakness so target them and focus on getting them up past par! Good work man, keep it up!

Last edited by Kman.; September 30th, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Wasker: Thanks for those nice words, man. Your advice is absolutely right. Actually, I think my speeds have gone better lately and I could actually spend some time on them. Will check your SB asap, lots of stuff going on here so not enough time for real answers.

Ksama: Thx Yeah. Pencils. They come and go. I actually have some dozen pages on my desk, but nothing worth showing.

Ok, so what's going on. I'll be applying for university mid December and I'm really fucked up due to the fact that I don't know what to put in my portfolio. Most of my paintings are too dreary, violent or simply dumb to be in a portfolio meant for advertising. My graphic design lacks a solid base, most of it was done just for fun and to look good. The stuff I did work-wise isn't experimental enough to impress. My pencils, as claimed so often in the past year, are weak. I have no traditional media experience whatsoever, means no watercolors, no oils, no acryls. See what I mean with "fucked up"? Have to come up with something absolutely brilliant, breathtaking and innovative to get the place...

*sigh* Meanwhile, here's another hell motherfucker. Mickey Mouse style.

Thanks
    Really amazing stuff, i really like the rock face. What a change of gears from drawing one thing to another...

Keep it up dude!

my sketchbook: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=103239

My website: coming soon

Thanks
    Thanks pagedown. Yeah I like experimenting. Maybe a little too much.

If there's one thing that kept my mood up for the past months (which were rather miserable at times) it was the idea of watching an episode of LOST in the evening. Never has a tv series captivated me the way this one has. If I had to describe how I feel about it, it would probably be yearning. So many nice and exciting things packed into 40 minutes. Yesterday, I watched the last episode of season 3. I couldn't sleep well afterwards, too much on my mind regarding the island and the people on it. Hah, kinda naive I guess, but who cares. Here's a little something.

Thanks

Thanks
    I like how in your drawings you bring the form out more so than the painted stuff.

Thanks
    Hm yeah, form seems to be a major problem in my stuff. I need to draw more actually. Then it will all be good. Latest crap:

Wanted to paint a good looking, hero-type soldier. Turned out more like Gollum on steroids. Just a lot uglier.

Thanks
    no fucking way - junge deine enviroments zu anfang des sketchbooks haben mich soeben total umgehauen. heißer scheiss! danke für deine tips und good luck mit der menschlichen for, schein mir als bereitet dir das nach am ehesten probleme. n gefühl für farben hast du, ich bin neidisch wie nix.

Thanks
    gudn jannis... sachma, meinste wir bekommen das nochma hin uns zu treffen?... ich für meinen teil habs ma wieder total verkackt, war am wochenende unterwegs, buchmesse und saufen.. ehh. vllt sollten wir das nächste wochenende fokussieren?!? kann nur bestätigen was alex über mir gesagt hat, menschliche form, alter.. mach anatomie soviels geht, farbtechnisch is nämlich alles in budder. portraitstudien (sp) bitte (is auch gut für ne mappe) ein monat lang, danach darfste wieder speedpainten
    gruß c

Thanks
    das metallische teil da oben is übrigens sehr sweet, weiß zwar net wasses sein soll, aber geht ab. sieht irgendwie aus wien locher oder sowas, aber was is das da drüber, das mit den knöbbn?... klär mich auf, ich checks net...

Thanks
    Alex:

Kicek: Alter, das mit dem Treffen will irgendwie nich klappen. Wollt dir gerade ne SMS schicken weil ich auch total verrafft hatte, dass ich am WE gar nich zu hause war. Hab mich in Hamburg mit meiner Schwester getroffen, um ihr mal mein Kram zu zeigen und mir ein bisschen Hilfe bei der Entscheidung zu holen, was davon in die Mappe kommen könnte.

Würde sagen, wir müssen jetzt mal was festmachen. Ich hab frei bis nächsten Montag, könnte also jederzeit. Falls du unter der Woche Zeit hast gern, ansonsten wie gesagt am WE. Dann aber auch wirklich, mir rennt die Zeit davon und ich hab total Bock auf Sketchsession mit n paar Bier. Wie gesgt, Anatomie-Studien müssen her, außerdem brauch ich echt Hilfe wegen der Präsentation der Mappe und so.

Das metallische Ding is ein oldskool Locher. Der steht immer unter meinem Apple Cinema Display, und die drei Knöpfe sind halt die Schalter im Acrylgehäuse. Hat mehr Spaß gemacht als ich dachte und das Ergebnis hat mich auch nich enttäuscht. Draw Draw Draw und so.

Meld dich, wenn du Zeit hast, am besten per SMS.

Thanks
    A new one. Took me some time to get the lighting and color to work as desired, but I guess I like it now. Gave up on the zombie's hips and legs and made him a stick figure of sorts. Damn anatomy. Anyways, rather happy with it.

Last edited by Jabo; August 21st, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    this last picture is so cool. your speed paints are better than my 10-day paintings lol. i like your graphic design work a lot, you really have a great eye for design

Thanks
    Thx Harkins. Will visit your sb asap! Keep workin!

Here's a little something. I downloaded the Jason Chan Video. Quite formidable pointers in there, especially for someone who's not familiar with Painter. I've been trying to use it ever since I started painting digitally, but it's still a big mystery for me. Anyway, I feel the video has given me a better intro than any other article yet. Thanks a lot, Mr. Chan!

Uh... learn to paint the lower areas of the body, you have to!

Thanks
    paint to sleep

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    interesting stuff, kipitup !

Thanks
    k, i gotta subscribe keep this up. i like it all.
    -jim

Do not, ever, under any circumstances, not have fun.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    thx guys!

Thanks
    nice stuff. your heavy use of silhouettes is interesting.

try doing a lot of figure studies, that should help with your anatomy problems

Alex Baer is offline Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive
    Thanks
    nice digis, i really enjoy your color schemes

My Sketchbook

Soldiers/Mercenaries SB

"Ooh! Now that's good work! The skulls... the bodies... you give it all such a glow! I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"

Thanks
    Thanks so much guys! So for my 1000th post, most of it earned by trashtalk in the lounge and media forums, here's a revamp of an old speedy that got rather much attention when I showed it some 11 months ago. Rather happy with it, getting the hang of Painter, veeeery slowly. Also did some pencil sketching, dunno if I'll scan them.

(Original speedpaint)

Last edited by Jabo; August 21st, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    that's very cool, the addition of smoke being shown from the laser beam is a really great boost. i think a differnce in color in the eyes of the monster shown would help, they are very noticable, but they are flat.

Do not, ever, under any circumstances, not have fun.

Website

Blog

Sketch-ream!

Thanks
    Hey thanks. Yeah, the eyes were rushed, completely forgot about them in the end. Maybe I'll fix it.

So ladies, here's something for ya. Well... The torso is... I dunno, he looks like I'd imagine Tommy Lee Jones to look like. Shiver. Painter, half an hour, no ref. Anyway, I stopped by James Gurney's blog some days ago and he had a nice explanation of how to illuminate plants with all their semi-translucent leafs and stuff. As he's the art guy I admired first for his skill, I trust him. So I had to paint a plant somewhere in there.

Thanks
    Really nice colors, I like your water in particular, especially in this one:

http://www.drain5.com/pics/ART/speed...nch_corner.jpg

Awesome.

Thanks
    gudn jannis.. he, naja, ich bin momentan nich zu erreichen, mein telefon is am arsch... schon seit zewi wochen, aber ich bin zu faul es reparieren zu lassen. bei mir hat auch die fh wieder angefangen, und es geht direkt ordentlich zur sache.
    wieauchimmer... lass auf jeden fall sketchen gehn, am wochenende wirds aber nix.. ab nächsten donnerstag gehts dann aber auf jeden fall klar. ruf mich dann dochma auf meinem handy an, das sollte bis dann wieder funktioniern. coole updates btw. wie hasten den rauch in dem robotspeedie gemacht? painter? was fürn brush?
    hau rein
    christoph

Thanks
    Here's a Painter doodle from today. All your rimlight are belong to us!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1