Demon

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Demon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Demon

I don't like it...
    C&C bad and good are always apreciated and paint overs are encouraged.
    The lighting is bad I know im still trying to learn how to use PS.
    Any hints are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    -TeDD

Demon Guy

Attached Images Attached Images  
    --
    Artist at heart, my hands don't listen...
    My Website
    Youtube
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If the lighting isn’t good, it probably has less to do with your ability with Photoshop, and more with your lack of knowlege of lighting. It’s hard to come up with a shape from imagination and light it well. In order to get to that point, you need to practice by painting things from life, in order to study what light actually does in different situations. Leaping straight to stuff from imagination like this is going to leave you feeling very frustrated.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know who posted this picture but this is a fanatastic help to anyone starting off with painting form. Thanks whoever painted this!

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Seedling your comments are always most helpful and much appreciated, the thing is you draw from life right but then when you draw from imagination you get weird forms that you've never seen before in real life and so it's weird shapes and stuff, I would think that just by practicing your own lighting on images that you can't ever get reference for could be learning in its own right.
    Am I very wrong here?
    Is there only one way to approach this - drawing from life to the point where you become someone who understands light and forms.

Im not at all saying thats the wrong way to do things I just want to know if theres another way of doing it.
    Thanks again Seedling.

Ian Mack - well I'll take that as a compliment thanks.

--
    My Website
    Youtube

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There are many ways to doing things...it's kind of like using a calculator to do math. You can either learn how to add or learn how to use that + button. What's better? Depends on your perspective

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heehe. . . Ian, there's no "+" button for rendering.

Tedd, let me give you an example. I was wanting to paint realistic brass, so I painted a brass object from real life to get the hang of it. Then I painted another from imagination. I now ave a mental formula in my head for painting realistic brass.

Shortcuts may get you where you want to go, but like with the Donner party, shortcuts can also lead to dead-end and disaster.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ian Mack - hehe when I previously posted the picture didn't show now i can see what you were talking about.

Seedling - again thanks for your words of wisdom
    Q - I'm having problems drawing dynamic poses, reference material don't really give me the diving/poses that im intrested in is there another way to get around that problem without having to pose infront of a mirror?

--
    My Website
    Youtube

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to be of service.

Dynamic poses. . . spend a few years taking life drawing classes and sketching people from life in public places and drawing yourself in a mirror. There are also some books about that have techniques for drawing the human form from life. Find one, and do whatever exercises is suggests. At the end of all that, you’ll have a decent mental library of the human form and what it looks like in all sorts of poses.

It takes a long, long time to master human anatomy. Copying random photos from the internet is no substitute for years of study.

Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.