Few speedpaints

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Few speedpaints

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Few speedpaints

Here's a few speedpaints Ive done recently. Just practise images and I would like you to tear them apart

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pirates ahoy! I like the images, but there were a couple of things that stood out to me. Take it with a grain of salt, though... I always feel I'm on thin ice over deep water when I give crits... hehe...

The texture you've used on 'em is nice, but it kinda seems like a filter... or you know... not coherent with the image... maybe you could work in some more uniform texture there? Just to make the image seem less disjointed?
    Also, introducing a second color might make 'em come more alive as well.. your working almost monotone on these... but a *little* more color might make 'em stand out even more.

Just my two cents..

d-C

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Particularly on the last image, I want to wipe away the photoshop filter gunk so that I can see the actual drawings. All that those filler textures do is obscure your drawing ability, or cover up a lack of the same. Whether there are good drawings under there or not, you will be able to improve more rapidly if you don’t hide the drawing.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I personally like the almost monotone look for the imgs. Particularly the blue ship.

Def. get rid of the photoshop filters...haha from personal experience I can say that they don't mesh well and will be spotted immediatly. If you get burned out with one img then just stop...they're onyl speedpaints.

For the portrait....was it on purpose that you left the face as the least detailed? Usually that is the most detailed since it's going to be the focus of attention.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.