Thread: Music Games?

Thanks

Music Games?

Anyone else a big fan of music games? Played a lot of imported Beatmania when I was younger, and have been keeping up with some titles here and there. I'm thinking about going through all the trouble of importing Pop'n Music and the controller for PS2, and was wondering if anyone's ever played it and could give me a heads up, or any other music games they'd like to note.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I liked Parapa the Rapper. Other then that they all seem the same. Just not very interesting to me.

Thanks
    I've secretly been wanting to play Guitar Hero for the longest. Parrapa was my shit though, yo!

Thanks
    I'm a huge fan of Guitar Hero! --best game for PS2 ever! I've already pre-paid my copy of Guitar Hero 2 and am thinking of taking the day off Nov. 7 just to play it.

Yeeees!
    -Chris

Thanks
    Parappa was indeed "the shit," as they say. I still get the flea market song stuck in my head on some slow days. The PS2 sequel was kinna lackluster, but it had a few memorable tunes.

Guitar Hero is freaking fantastic, man. It's a little easier than the bemani series (all the Konami games,) but it's fun as hell. And there's gonna be Foo Fighters in the sequel, c'mon!!

I can identify with that, though, Steve. Since a lot of music games don't have much going for them beyond hitting buttons to songs, it mostly becomes an exercise in how much you enjoy doing that and how much you like songs. But if you like techno and J-music, konami could have you all set up I guess. ;P