Thanks

Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

So I wasn't going to buy a PS3 immidiately because it's too damn exspensive, but now I won't buy one at all because they piss me off.

If you're like I am and enjoy buying Japan only equipment for your PSP or Playstation because they have more options and better stuff in general you understand how much this sucks. Lik-Sang.com provided all sorts of badass equipment you can't get in the states including import games.

'Ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera'. Of course, the PSP comes supplied with a 100-240v adapter which is safe worldwide.
    What Sony meant to say was, 'Ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that is cheaper than what can be bought locally'.

I've always been a little pissed off at Sony, ever since I bought my Minidisc player and discovered that Sony allows you to copy off what you recorded via the Mic once and only once from the device. So if I recorded my brother's band playing a gig I can only download it to one computer one time and then the Minidisc player locks the file for download permanently.

Whatever, I understand that they're trying to protect their international sales, but lately with the DRM Rootkits, Proprietary Formats, and anti-consumer tactics it's no wonder they're hurting the way they are. They're being jerks to the people they sell to.

I wasn't going to buy a Wii, but now I will just to give the shaft to Sony. Maybe when they stop being douche bags I'll reconsider.

-Dann

I just heard today our company is allowing us to pre-order one Wii for each employee... apparently fate doesn't like Sony either.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 408 Posts
    "Lik-sang" translates to "corpse-song" in norwegian.

On topic: Yay, another thread bashing sony for their questionable marketing tactics. Whats next, a thread calling out microsoft for trying to get a monopoly?

Thanks
    Just because you're tired of hearing it doesn't mean it's not happening, but I'll try to keep information to a minimum for your sake.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash
    "Lik-sang" translates to "corpse-song" in norwegian.

On topic: Yay, another thread bashing sony for their questionable marketing tactics. Whats next, a thread calling out microsoft for trying to get a monopoly?

Better than another rant thread.

Thanks
    Aye, it's pretty shitty of them. Funniest part is that Sony claims they aren't responsible for shutting it down. 'Lik-Sang didn't show up to contest the claims in court (paying court fees) and hasn't paid us any money yet, so it's not our fault.' As if companies don't go out of business from sheer debt.

Unfortunately, Lik-Sang isn't being the coolest in the world about it either. Their spokesman is sounding more whiny about it than anything. Making an
    open statement about how this is an evil thing Sony has done to them that will be a dark spot on their empirical ruling over the industry or something, and giving away information about Sony employees who have purchases their import PSPs FROM Lik-Sang. Which is ironic, obviously, and hilarious. But giving out your customers information is a gigantic business no-no.

Honestly, I don't get Slash's post at all. Yeah, it's a post about Sony's bad business practices. So what if there's another, and so what if there're a million more about Microsoft's idiotic business rhetoric. People need to have SOME freaking sense of consumer responsibility, for the LOVE OF SWEET GOD.

Edit: Also, doesn't this belong in the movie/game section?
    Last edited by Snuggles; October 24th, 2006 at 06:04 PM.