Art: 3d Doodling...

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: 3d Doodling...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3d Doodling...

I doodled this chica in about 1.5 hours based on a 'basic human' model i did earlier.

I think having the 'basic human' is cool because of the speed with which new geometry can be created on top. Beside that i'm working on a motion library that will map to all those basic human derivatives thus directly enabling me to have a walkcycle and what not on such a model.

Maya is great!

I believe she has some 2500-3000 tris. I'm trying to decide to reduce or increase the detail, i.e. go low-poly or high-poly on her.

We'll see.

I know she needs work (hands, crotch, armpits...) but it's getting there. Had to change the basic man into the basic woman geometry first too...

3d Doodling...
    3d Doodling...
    3d Doodling...

E.

Power is nothing without intelligence.

Sketchbook!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its tough converting a male model into female, your getting there though, her shoulders and neck are still very manly, and her waist is out of proprtion to her upper body, minor problems easily fixed, but hey you did it in an hour and a half, pretty quick.

"But you aint got no legs Lieutenant Dan."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few improvements this morning at the areas WerxOne specified.

Here it is, another 15 minutes and some.

3d Doodling...
    3d Doodling...
    3d Doodling...
    3d Doodling...

The color one is simply vertex shaded to see what's going on. I need to rework the eyes and reduce geometry there. Probably can take some geometry from other areas too to reduce polycount further. Any suggestions?

Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did a paint over of kinda how I would approach some of the things I see wrong in your model.

http://www.geocities.com/xstin2000/3dcrit1.htm

okay first off I never keep the back straight, to me it doesn't look natural , so I rotate like in the little drawing to the left the pelvis under and the back. Build up her fore head a little, tighten up those eyes, and you may if you are going for a higher poly model do the hollow eye technique, basicly make a pocket, and use a partial sphere for the eye. also the inner corners of the eye look high on your model. I am still struggling myself witht the jaw bone, but I think of it like its as wide from the bottom of the ear down, even if this gives me just a starting point. You may want to look up a mouth building tut, it may help you on that, I really can't get into that, it's kinda something I'm figuring out also... Get those colar bones described. The rest is just kinda rough anatomy I placed, not really necessary to desribe, but there is stuff there to give you an idea how to handle it.

What you do have is a good start, good luck modelling. I think more than likely 3000 to 5000 polys is a good number to shoot for in a normal(whatever that means) kinda poly model. If using quads remeber the polycount doubles because engines turn it into triangles.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with some of the remarks you made. The lower and upper eyelid are not defined fully so the eye is far to wide open now -- that's why the corner of the eye is out of place.

About the jaw i don't really see what you mean there - the forehead at temples is the widest part imo especially in a girl.

From your paintover i see the knees that need work, true. Back will be more curved when i start rigging, the S shape needs to be in it more then.

The mouth will never move on this one so a full mouth is too much, as is the case in the eyes.

I could not read all on your p.o.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

E

Sketchbook!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.