Scary Girl

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Scary Girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scary Girl

hey d00dz. just trying to make this stand alone a little better, as a final character illustration. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looks really nice so far. Loving the atmosphere on this sucker. Only advice I have is that I'd darken up the BG so she pops more and it lends it a biiit of a darker atmosphre. I don' entirely get the blood on her shirt...it seems like it's seeping from the..hem of her shirt? How perfectly parallel the feet are is a bit of a distraction for me, as the rest of the pic seems so natural and atmospheric. I keep thinking about the possibility of brightening up the wisps, but I do have my concerns that that might draw away attention from her eye as the brightest bit, which I really wouldn't wanna do. But that bit's just a curiosity I had in my head. Keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Looking real nice! I enjoy the mix of the "designy" feel in conjunction with the subtle textures and the "natural" application of paint. A few things: 1). There is a tangency issue where the jacket meets the necline of her shirt, causes the clothing to be a bit confusing in that area as well as flattens things out. 2). I feel that she is floating due to the intense light around her feet and then the shift to a dark value under that light. May be intentional. . . I don't know. . . either way its a bit ambigous and could be made to be a stronger image if you pushed one or the other direction a little more. 3). Her head is positioned at a three-quarters view. We should see both eyes (especailly becasue they are emitting light) even if only a little bit. Otherwise she is a cyclopes.

I agree with Snuggles the position of the feet need to be looked at again.

Very nice work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome work so far. I love the colors that you've chosen. And I really like the glowy outlines, I think they were really well.

I think the green light should be reflecting off the blood on her hands, too. But in a more shiney way than on the rest of her. I agree with the above comment to make the bg darker -- I was going to suggest brightening up the glow, but darkening the BG is better.

~ :: Ylla's Art Gallery :: ~ :: My DevArt :: ~

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Larger face/shorter neck, less parallel feet.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus|ANJ
    Larger face/shorter neck
    Don't know about that Prom, I noticed too, but then I held off from metioning it really because I sorta liked it. It isn't that disturbing.
    I know how good your (female) anatomy is, and I highly respect that (you're really one of my idols ).
    But as for a style choice, I strangely find it fitting. The neck isn't as long that it would snap, but okay the face could be a teensy bigger perhaps...but it works anyhow.

Agree on the feet though.

Other than that, I really love the values on the girl on this one, the background needs more work. The smoke on the floor don't seem to be 'able' to cause so much strong green light on her though, which makes some things slightly looking like they're glowing themselves. It isn't really clear.

Very nice work so far, add a scenery or something!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like the drawing on the girl except she is on a tilt looking like she will fall over backwards soon. Besides that you could place her in the woods with trees in the background or something with solid or leafy ground and make the blue flame/aura more defined.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.