Tablet Question

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Tablet Question

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tablet Question

If anyone has or has used Trust Wireless Scroll Tablet +Pen+Mouse TB-4200 9"x12" let me know of its quality for drawing and use in PS.Planning to buy one.
    Tnx

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Again, read the stickies at the top, there's a thread dedicated to tablets. Once more, if you are going to invest into a tablet, might as well invest into a Wacom.Don't waste your money on cheap knock-offs, they won't offer you anything remotely as decent as the Wacom hardware.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Omg, I cant belive EVERYONE IS MISSING THE STICKIES ??
, maybe put em in bold, and in size 50 pixels, so people WONT miss them...shit..
We have one of these threads a week...
Ohwell, sorry, im just getting alittle annoyed over the general tablet questions..

Im with Evildisco: go for wacom!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know that this is annoying but i did read the sticky,but no info about Trust.The cheapes wacom is like 250$ the smalest.Sure they are the best but cant afford it.Now back to my question,if u have used this type of tablet -Trust Wireless Scroll Tablet +Pen+Mouse TB-4200 9"x12"- please reply.
    Tnx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My advice to you is save up for one then and work traditionally for the time being then.

I may sound like a wacom representative or something like that, but trust me, if you want to be serious about digital work, wacom is the only way to go at the moment.

Oh yeah and it is quite unlikely you'll find anyone using that tablet around here.

DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    With tablets, you really get what you pay for. A graphire it's too expensive. and an intuos is a fantastic investment. if you treat your gear right it will last for years and years, as well. And something similar to this has been posted in there. Go for the wacom.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    review from amazon.uk

Unfortunately none of this compensates for its poor sensitivity. If you want to use this as an alternative to a mouse for general navigation then it is fine . But if you want to use this for serious graphical work then it is seriously lacking. The pen has a nylon stylus that pushes against a spring in the body of the pen. It seems it has to push by a certain amount in order for the pressure to register. For me the spring is far too stiff. I am an artist and wanted to use this for sketching but find that sketching lightly over the tablet has no effect at all - it simply doesnt register as a line. You have to press pretty hard to get a line to register and I quite simply do not press that hard when working. Try signing your name and see the result. Unless you are really heavy handed you will find that either the line doesnt register at all or it is very hit and miss.

I have used this off and on for about a year now and find that I have had to press so hard with it that I have worn away part of both the tip and part of the casing as well. The result is that it is now leaving a scratch on the tablet when used. I was hoping for a pen/tablet arrangement that would feel like pencil on paper -this is like scratching on stone.

Sorry but I am just not heavy handed enough to get any benefit from this - I can draw better with a mouse than this and avoid the arm ache that conmes from the constant pressure required to make this thing work. I am going to test drive one of the more expensive Wacom tablets to see if they are any better.

Not recommended for creative artists.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh,i gess u are right ,i hope u are right.

• Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.