CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Choose your ChOWracter

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! bradley

10 10.31%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! Fuuryoku

1 1.03%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! fedezz

14 14.43%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! Oblio

0 0%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! timothy

0 0%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! chadmango

0 0%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! VampireNinja

0 0%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! VollesMetall

6 6.19%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! supervlieg

26 26.80%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! stephan_R

70 72.16%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! dragon4lunch

16 16.49%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! Greenjack

0 0%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! MarcoManzzoti

3 3.09%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! CollinSully

1 1.03%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! Migsta

2 2.06%
  • CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! BlueSeverin

1 1.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Choose your CHOWracter!
    Like CHOW? Support This Site. Buy your T-Shirt

World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard!

The Movie Shot in wich this character will appear will have the following collor palette.
    Please use as COLOR REFERENCE the following pictures.
    CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard! CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard!
    Pictures by Bruno Calvo - © 2004 Warner Independent Pictures. From the movie: "A Very Long Engagement"

Now... concept!

Topic elements:

1 = World War One Soldier Look.
    2 = Wizzard (interpret)
    3 = Collor Palette Provided.

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.
    3 extra votes will be offered for the description.

POLL RULES
    (for the new people)
    NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE TAKEN TO THE POLL.
    (the selection is based on technical quality criteria)
    ENTRIES NOT POLLED WILL RECEIVE C&C
    (i really try to do this every time)
    IT IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS - MISTAKES CAN BE MADE
    I am trying to set this as a professional demand. I act as the client...
    Oblio is always looking for feedback - If Oblio is wrong - tell him so.
    DON'T VOTE FOR YOURSELF

ROUND COMMENTS:

Unfortunately i am extremely bussy and i will not be able to post my comments on the entries not taken to the poll.
    I will find some time duirng the week hopefully.
    There are few others who barely made it to the poll - and i want to take my C&C on those too.
    I count on your support to give crits to the ones not taken to the poll as well as to the ones who got there.

Also - i hope that the color palette restriction was a nice challenge. I will try to add different things in the future.

NEW PEOPLE HAVE JOINED - Thank you all for choosing CHOW as your fist posts on CA. Keep at it and i promisse some progress in your art and a lot of fun.

Oblio

WINNER!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oblio; October 29th, 2006 at 11:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First CHOW but i do follow it every week, ill throw up my WIP sketches for now, excuse the bad scans.

FINAL
    cant offer anymore time to this so im calling it done

Description

General Georgi Konstantinovich - 1st Imperial Spell Casters

Born in the small village of Strelkovka, south west of Moscow in 1851 to a peasant family. His father a shoemaker and his mother a farm worker. Early on in his childhood Georgi would lapse into trance like states, where his parents would witness him fighting the shadows, unable to go near the boy to calm him. On one winter day when Georgi was 11 years old his father heard screams from the woods just outside the village, he ran fearing the boys death to roaming wolves. Instead he watched in fearful awe as his son bathed in red fire battled a black beast. Fear of how to cope with such a child, Georgi was handed to the Russian Military in Moscow. The young scared boy was probed and tested for many years in a bid to understand and harness the power he held. Soon rumours from surrounding villages of shadows coming alive made there way to the capital. Georgi now a young man was sent to cleanse the villages, his quest lasted many years, one battle after another. These battles forged the young man into a hardened soldier and elevated him among the people as there champion. Giving him the title ‘Red Knight’, Russia’s Rebirth.

1915, France - Extract from the Conscripts of Aleski Petrov

The rumoured character the Red Knight made his way into camp today. I fear it is the end for us now. They say where he goes the demons are sure to be. I have yet to see the magic’s he can muster, but it is whispered he commands the wind and fire. They even say he commands a regiment of these strange men. The Imperial Spell Casters I do believe they are called. I dare not say that name out loud for fear of meeting the unforgiving end of my commanders pistol.

WIP
    tricky using such a limited pallette but fun, i had to deviate slighty from the pallette to get a touch of red to sit with the green, and he is russian so its gotta have red
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...right/wip3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...right/wip1.jpg

incase horses out allowed
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...right/wip2.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Leutenant Sir Alisdair Dee Benton, 2nd Royal Thaumaturgical Regiment

Final uploaded.

From a letter by Sgt Michael Bull to his then fiance':
    "Dearest Siobhan,

I nearly died today. I don't say that to alarm you, though I know it will do so. I say it because I have to, to do justice to what happened on the field today. We'd lost six men in our squad already and the Jerries were shouting out orders in the next trench for a push to finish us. There was piss-yellow gas floating around and we were ready to give up and let it happen.

Then a miracle happened. This tall officer strides right through the gas, and it parts away to his sides as he walks. No gasmask or anything, but the gas moves away like it's afraid of him. He draws this revolver, about the size of an American Colt, but with a glowing gem set under the barrel, and stops for a second, eyes closed, listening to the german chatter. Then his eyes open and he takes aim. I sneak a look and he's aiming low. I thought if he fired the bullet would hit the ground short of the German trench and be wasted.

Then he started this low chant and the air in front of the pistol formed these glowing rings with symbols rotating around them and a beam like greenish sunlight reached out into the gas and smoke with a noise like a screaming kettle. I figure it's wasted, but about a second later the Jerries are yelling in panic in their trench. You know I don't speak a word of German, but even I could tell they were afraid now.

Then the wizard Leutenant chants a little more and a pair of rifles on the ground glow green and rise up next to him and start picking of and German heads that pop up out of the trench. He looks to us that are left and says 'I see they've taken a fair bit of blood from us today. I think is time they paid for it.'

We won the day love. I've put in for a transfer to the Leutenant's unit, the second Royal Thaumaturgical. They need good NCO's to help the spellcaters do their work, and I've never felt safer or prouder than today alongside Lt. Benton.

Don't worry, love. I had my brush with death today, but I think I'll be fine from here on.

Love, Mike."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shit, can't let this one pass. I'm in!

EDIT: FINAL, added description

Description:

British army papers, february 1916
    -------
    Codename seer: a blind individual is trained and technologicaly enhanced to take advantage of his heightened hearing. The objective of this project is to generate a unit able to locate enemy positions at long range, making it specially useful for artillery. The unit is also equipped with cutting edge gas-protection technology.
    ------
    Well, that was the official report. The unit was actually "manufactured" by overcharging a person's brain with ectoplasmic energy employing top secret machinery. The result of this process is a creature able to penetrate the space-time membrane and "touch" objects at incredible long distances. However, there's a price to pay for this kind of power: the massive ammounts of ectoplasmic energy required burns the head of the individual entirely, and dissociates the spirit from the physical being. But this spiritual entity still needs the physical body to use as a host, and this body needs oxygen to survive. A device disguised as a gasmask is used to draw oxygen to the lungs directly, bypassing the now useless head, which is also covered to avoid panicking friendly troops.
    -----
    EOF
    ----

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I back online again. gonna get crackin on this one! should be fun!

Edit:final as it is ever going to be, wanted to work some more on it but couldn't get around to it. Here goes! I may have not made it in time. Crosssfingers*

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fuurikou - check your proportions. hand is too big... or head too small.. .or.. hmm.. get a reference.
    Can;t find a good one in the reference area (see photography) then just make one with a digital camera. for proportions anything will do - webcam, phone camera.. etc.

thumb/doodle
    and almost done.
    if i find more time tomorrow... i'll work som emore on this.. or do another (i don;t like it to much but it was good practice)
    Volburan blew up his hand with his own powers on a friday 13, when he was 13 years old.
    He's 56 now and even out of control as he is, nobody around him will want to see him go. He smells very bad, his skin has strange collors every day and he never talks. He's got himself many names now: Dark Volburan, Silent Light, Papa Death... yet nobody is calling him out loud.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok guys got my idea, was bumming around with getting a character together in my head..Here's a few quick sketches...

Description:

" Engel des Todes"

The year is 1915 a trench war wages between the German and Allied Armies in Belgium. Both sides have been dispersing large amounts of chlorine gas to rout out the enemy forces occupied in trenches across the battlfield from them. Chlorine gas is a green, thick, and extremly toxic substance which when inhaled deteriorates the lungs of its victims causing severe burns and death within 48 hours of inhalation. As deadly a weapon chlorine gas is, dispersing the gas upon enemy troops with accuracy has shown to be a problem. Often if the wind is not in their favor an attacker can have their own gas come back and inflict casualities on their own troops. The Germans needed a way to get those canisters into British trenches, and unleash them at close range where wind will play no factor in it's devastation.

Enter..."Engel des Todes" (rough translation: The Angels of Death)

This is a group of highly trained German soldiers whose main goal is to at the dead of night sneak across the mile wide area, known as Dead Man's Land, getting as deep behind enemy lines as possible. On there backs they carry massive drums filled with a deadly mix of chlorine and phosgene known as White Star. Once they have reached their object they pull the pin on a pair of grenades and detonate themselves along with the cansiter of White Star, engulfing the area in the deadly gas. The soldiers were asked to make this ultimate sacrifice to further the damaging effects of the gas. Upon detonation, British soldiers would advance on the area where the explosion occured instantly making themselves victims of the gases deadly effects. Das Todesegels troops were equiped with automatic weapons and gas masks, so no matter what even if their canisters rupture they will get that gas to it's destination and kill as many men as possible.

As the attacks occured British troops relayed the events via morse code to the command posts far away from the font lines. One such message read as follows: "German Commando...Explosion....Cloud of Green Smoke...Heavy Casualties..No Signs of Enemy Troops" Through the broken messages and talk among young British soldiers it sounded as if the Germans had magicians, or WIZARDS in their employ...With that the legend of these "Wizards" as British troops called them began. Their exploits quickly made it into the trenches and oh how the young British soldiers feared these unknown German troops. Where as suicide bombers are common place in the world today, such events seemed almost unfathomable at that time. So contrary to the facts, British troops told stories of how these crazed Germans unleashed this toxic green smoke and all but vanished leaving behind scraps of uniform and the occasional helmet.

Thanks for taking your time to read this, I hope my final doesn't dissapoint.

~Tim~

P.S. Still working on some thumbnails for a final composition, and yes I will stick to the color pallete.

WIP Update: I've got some serious lighting issues on my hands moonlight + flashlights = Tim's pulling his hair out.. At the same time I started on a palette too..

Also I may lower the viewers prospective a bit make those trench walls taller, like he's jumping on top of you, as it stands it may come off a bit flat.?

Well This is it...I abandoned the action pose to put more focus on the character, that and I had alot of other stuff going on.

FINAL:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well most annoyingly I just don't have the time to fine tune this bugger, but I just had to enter

Crits would be very much appreciated, although I won't be able to make any changes until after the deadline grrrr.

Anyway, here he is...

It is well known that Germany were experimenting with the notion of the ''perfect' soldier during WWII, but what has not been recorded is the attempts by the British during the Great War. When a soldier was wounded he had a 50/50 chance of going home or returning to the front line as one of these new 'crack unit' soldiers. Above is one of the failed attempts by British scientists. Nicknamed 'the wizard', corporal Simpson lasted 43 minutes in no mans land. Fortunatley out of the 75 soldiers killed by the electricity, at least 25 were German. There were many other 'members' of this crack unit, but Simpson was by far the most public of failures.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here is a thumb set.

Famed inventor and scientist Nikola Tesla heeded the call of the Mother land during The Great War. He aplyed his skills to the creation of wepons. Powerfull and highly dangerous to the target as well as the user.A squad was formed to iplement these new tools of war. Code named: wizzard.

Member of Team Insect Battle X-Tream !
    <-Drop-Shadow Infiltrator->

The Waffle house sketch book.

Room 301!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Wizzard.

The head of a secret special unit of snipers from World War One. These men lived entirely in the trenches for years, eating and drinking little, with little rest and almost no sleep. Each of the Wizzard’s men were a deadly shot, but the Wizard himself was known for the most precise and steady shot ever seen. His men sat in a line waiting hours on end for a single man to lift his head up above the trenches, for but a split second, which was all it would take the Wizard’s men to take that man’s life. The Wizard received his nickname due to his unusually long wizard like beard, along with his magical deadly aim.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mi wizard save is not a warrior[

The magicians were selected between the people of army were not combatant to have special habilities to cure to heal tolook the future… they were welded very appreciated between soldiers because they saved lives

CHOW #45 - VOTING - World War One - Secret Special Unit - The Wizzard![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here it is. I had no time to make a BG... sorry. Hope you all like it!

FINAL

Description:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    TOP SECRET
    Name: Hans Morrell
    Codename: Der Zauberer (The Wizard)
    Known Info: Hans was born with the awesome and magical power of telekinesis. He can move objects with his mind and thus is also able to stop a bullet in its tracks. His native country of Germany took notice of this ability and took him from his parents at the very young age of 2 so that they could mold him into a weapon of war as well as study him; they hoped to find a way to extract, or learn, his power and how it works so that one day all the troops of their great country would be unstopable. The German Military and Government were not able to learn how he was able to use his mind in such a masterful way but they were determend to use Hans to their advantage. He was swiftly put into duty. He became an great power and feared asset of the German Army. He moved up in rank as fast as the bullets in which he was able to stop.

"All your base are belong to us!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP - Bismarck Sonderkommadno.
    I'll finish on WIP, because Volles Metall idea. I'm late.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is my contribution... secret special unit: Zauberer WIP

I'll probably never finish cuz I dont have a tablet...oh well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Made some thumbs, let me know what you think. Im leaning towards the bottom right one.

Well, here goes nothing

From the journal of Private Alex J. Murphy
    Saturday, 1st of July 1916
    "From afar all we could see was a green glow. It wasnt clear what was causing the kills on our squadron. I looked like a green ball, but shooting it yielded no results. Thunder shot from this green ball and our men exploded when hit. It was like fighting a god. All we know is we lost that battle within a few seconds. As the battle came to an end I saw this mighty silhoutte standing in a ball of fire. I don't remember what happened after that. I guess I must have lost consciousness. I know not how I survived but I woke up the morning after the battle to find our whole platoon dead. Where the man stood who had defeated us only a hill off glass remained."

Last edited by Oblio; October 23rd, 2006 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd choose bottom right as well. Most arrogant of em.

edit: not sure it's ok to use this post as presentation board now, if not please let me know and I'll edit.

I want to give this topic a shot. I'm prepared for major headacheing

Here are 2 ideas I came up with. Will be detailing the right concept.

The wizard will be chained to a cart/wagon. He floats in the air, often moving with violent spasms, trying to get loose. In his anger he uncontrolably shoots rays from eyes (and mouth). The cart he is on has a protective barrier around the back in order to keep the own soldiers safe from the wizard's fury.

Very rough WIP

Doing some major reconstructive surgery on his face, nose and eyes don't line up correctly with the rest. The rest is just really rough still, so a lot of work left. Tried to go for a hilly background, but failed miserably, will be doing a simple background (no env.)
    I'll probably have to change some colours to match the palette. And he will be dressed proper soon (well... proper...)

This is my first real attempt at making something more complicated than a simple head or apple in 2d CG as well as colour in general. So bear with me. I'm open to CC!

I can't promise a 100% that I will finish this piece to the end, but will certainly put in a big effort to try so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am dedicating my submission to my kids Caleb, Hannah and Stephanie.

Here's a W.I.P. sketch I was doing on ferry rides to work. I wanted to interpret the wizard very literally, and avoid the gas mask cliche'

...and the final image! Thank you to my buddies, Wizard of Koz and Kevin W. for all the help There's a small chance I'll touch up details but for the most part this is my final, with a description to follow soon.

Young Thomas Wells was a spirited child before the war began. He was always seen carrying around a large book, that was handed down in his family for generations. He was lifted from a small farm in the United States when Germany declared war on Russia. The reason a child was pulled from around the world to a dangerous war zone was clear on October 14th, 1917 in the Battle of Passchendaele, where US soldiers held the front lines against a charging German offensive. Orders were handed down to the American soldiers to watch over young Thomas, as he had a particular skill that could provide an advantage in battle. The events that took place were regarded with biblical references and confusion. All sources referred to how the German soldiers were disfigured in battle, as Thomas Wells single-handedly stood at the line and transformed their morale. It's difficult to say what exactly happened, but it shifted the battle to an allied victory.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EDIT: Final Entry... I got frustrated, I need practice and lessons... and practice...

This is about a half-quit half-done entry, but it's here and i'm showing it so i can move on to something else.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    German General Gerhard von Rabenfels realized in early 1915, that this war was a barbaric waste of human life. He swallowed his pride and bravely, against the will of Kaiser Wilhelm II. (German head of state at the time), called for a cease-fire, which he then turned into peace without Germany having to part with any of their land nor did they have to pay reparation. For single-handedly having ended the war, for being a better human then all the rest of the war-mongering foolish generals and politicians, he was later labeled "Der Zauberer" (the wizard).

A few years later, in 1920, he had a car accident where he ran over and killed a World War I veteran called Adolf Hitler. Little did Rabensfeld know that he had just saved over 50 million human lives...

Crits VERY welcome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok i'm going to post a wip, i doubt i will finish it but i would still like to play with the big boys, makes me feel better about myself

haha
    ok well here it is.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I struggled through this one. I had a hard time finding the time to work on it this week, I struggled with the design and composition, and in the end I couldnt do what I wanted in the time I had. I experimented a little on this one and that was one of my downfalls in the end, from one point of view. I did learn a lot about how I could do things different given time. But the image I have vs the one in my head are very different. Though this topic did give me a great idea, something I'd like to flesh out a little more. So this may not be the last time you folks see this character. I dont know if it will make the cut for voting. If so great, if not, I understand.

An excerpt from The Occult and the German Army by James David Wolfcub:

Interview with a German pilot-

"The Wizzards? Yes... I know of them. You never knew when they would be joining us on missions. There was something not entirely human about them. They were phantoms...I dunno...demons maybe....They would...they would stand on our wings...perched...waiting....No pilot would speak it, but we all protested them flying up with us. That is, until you saw them in action. A man on your wing Laughs...the very idea was insane. The weight alone would completly ruin your flight path, and rip through your wing....but it was as if they were weightless. It was as if a ghost stood on your wing. They would stand there arrogantly...the wind had no power over these "men". These were men of magic...there is no other way to explain it. How did they operate? Laughs They would leap from our wings and highjack enemy planes. Laughs I know it sounds insane, especially since other than balloon crews, no one really used parachutes. The Wizzards didnt have parachutes...they didnt need them. They would leap from our wings and take enemy planes...they would kill the pilot and take flight and fight alongside us. How did we know who to shoot at? Laughs If you didnt think I'm crazy yet, you will now. When they took the plane...its colours changed. They would look like our planes. This was part of their magic. I know it because, when we would land, the planes they captured looked like the enemy's. They had magic in our heads. That's why you never spoke ill of them and stayed clear of them. You never knew what else they could do to your head. The ground crews would still have to strip the captured planes and re-outfit them to our parameters. The Wizzards made our efforts easier because they cut in half the number of planes we'd have to shoot down on a mission. And when many of our plane factorys were bombed, the missions of the Wizzards proved very valuable. Mortality rate? No, I never saw one die, or fail. You would see some come back from missions....their uniforms riddled with bullet holes, but not a drop of blood was spilled. If they did have any blood on them, it was from the pilot they killed. They flew with only one weapon, a whip of metal and chain with a dagger on the end. No one but the top of the Fatherland army knows what became of them..they vanished as quickly as they moved in battle. These were not men, they were phantoms, summoned for the war..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

First time post on CA. Have been painting for a couple of years, mainly airbrush stuff and a lot of it photo referenced portraiture. Got into Photoshop 2 months ago having stumbled across CA and having been truly inspired by the talent here. Decided that I need to work more from my imagination and try to develop my skills. Here's the result of the last 2 days efforts, straight in with the finished (or as finished as it's going to get) result, wasn't sure I was going to complete it, so no WIPS. Still got a lot to learn, and in retrospect, maybe a view of the backside isn't a great place to start when it comes to character development. Nearly decided to call it a day when I saw Stephen_R's piece this morning, wow! Hope this is considered worthy of entry, critiques welcome.

Generaloberst Erich von Klinkerhoffen, seventh son of a seventh son, hated the war. He hated the rain, he hated the mud and, more than anything, he hated the muck they called food. True, they were in a more comfortable position than the British, having dug in months earlier, but for the sake of his own sanity he would have to end this debacle soon. Heavy with sorrow at what he must now do, he stood under the dawning sky, and chanted the ancient invocations that would release the elemental. As the first offensive began he realised that the 1st of July 1916 would be remembered for all time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well here is mine. I think It turned out a little flat. It was a little too ambitious of me to take on a bg, and 4 characters. pld: Oh well I wanted challenge myself. Once again mad props to Stephen R for all of his help on this.

And a composistion one with effects added:

The Wizard unit was formed from the best of the allied soldiers. From the United States "The Seer", from France "The Medic", from Russia "The inventor", and from Britain "The Colonel". Their achievements on the battlefield and indeed their very existence were known to very few. This was essential lest the enemy intelligence find out and attempt counter measures.

This photograph (the only in known existence) is from the last time the members of the Wizard Unit were seen alive. It is not known whether they were Killed, captured, or simply deserted.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was tough as hell to fight my initial urge to paint a sinister looking dude in a gas mask (I friggin' LOVE gas masks, btw ) but now I'm kinda glad I did

Anyway, I've been having way too much fun with this guy and I need to stop before it gets any more cluttered.

FINAL

When Sgt. Mullins joined the SSU his mission was simple, use his mysterious power to kill as many German troops as possible. In the beginning this was an easy task that he carried out with entheusiasm. With a fiery clap of his hands the trenches would overflow with his enemy's blood.

As the bloody months passed in the trenches though, Sgt. Mullins' outlook on the war changed drasticaly. He started spending less energy turning Germans inside-out and more time putting his own troops back together. It would seem that the more he healed, the more powerfull he became. His obsession with healing grew untill he began healing the opposition. There was a point in which no casualties had occured on either side for over six days.

His work was not appreciated by his men, and schemes were made against him. On the morning of November 17th of 1918, Sgt. Mullins was shot in the back by two allied troops, whom he had healed just moments before.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, believe it or not, this is my first post at CA. Thanks so much guys and gals, this stuff is SO INSPIRING! (I certainly owe you one.)

Last edited by Dark_Eyes; October 8th, 2009 at 10:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last minute entry...

Here's mine!

These Secret Special Unit soldiers look like normal soldiers going in to the front lines, but these soldiers posess the power of wizardry, and with that can protect all soldiers around them and can unleash a force unseen by normal man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay, got mine done on time this round.

Experimentation on the battlefield was running rampant. There were not only odd vehicle designs, but human experimentation as well. One of the most effective inventions was telekinetic enhancement. Unfortunately, the success rate of the experiment was 1 in 25, with disastrous explosions during the course of experimenation. The survivors became heroes to their comrades, able to kill without leaving the safety of the trench. These "Wizzards" were all destroyed in battle, or so the official report goes.

S S G 2 9
    -Fishspawn-Blue Severin- rayk-

You're an artist, not a meat camera. -Elwell

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Fedezz and Stephan.

Fedezz for the great rendering, Stephan for the excellent outstanding and marvellous concept.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Migsta: Cool piece, here my tips: Obviously his thumbs look funky and I's suggest harder brushes with bolder contrast in general. His pants looks airbrushed and kind of... floaty? Good piece still, don't get me wrong!

collinsully, skvv and Blue Severin:artistically very solid stuff, but speaking as someone who has previously had jobs where I needed to model 3D models after character sheets - these don't give a whole lot of information as to the detail of the clothing. This was not explicitly stated in the assignment, but it's something to keep in mind. People LOVE detail (generally speaking).

Supervlieg: Very kewl! I do agree with STephen_R who suggested some cooler colour in the background. It would create more depth.

Vampire Ninja: A little too War Craft dwarft-like for my taste. The rifle is not exactly WWI either. That said, you obviously have skills.

Volles Metal volle Kanne Mann! One of my favorites here. I dig the clarity and detail. Don't know if carrying a backpack on your chest would make sense during a battle as it would be very cumbersome but hey, it certainly is a sweet character! You got my vote!

Waffelhouseninja that is such a strong character! I wish you had rendered it further. Could have been my favorite.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for STEPHAN_R and DRAGON4LUNCH.

they both had a briliant yet difrent take on "wizard" and they both exicuted the work wonderfully.

Dragon: Yeah i was struck down with the flu. Im going to try and finish it up and post it up latter.

Member of Team Insect Battle X-Tream !
    <-Drop-Shadow Infiltrator->

The Waffle house sketch book.

Room 301!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1