Art Career
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Career

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Career

Hello all,

I was considering training for a possible part-time or eventual career position as what I'm thinking might be termed as an art cosultant. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I would like to become proficient in matching persons to certain types of art after examining their personality/desires/tastes and also matching art styles to the colors, shading, & other features of an individual room or indoor/outdoor space. For example, parents of a bold, extroverted child might seem happier with a certain style of painting in the child's room. I envision that it would be my job to be aware of artists whose paintings or prints might come nearest to matching or match my client's desires and, by educating clients, make them aware of hidden desires/tastes which they may not even have considered.
    Can a person do this part time or eventually make a career out of this, & what would a position as I have described be termed as?
    In addition, where should I begin in my initial training; any particular college courses?, attending auctions-galleries?, online courses, seminars?, etc.?

Thank you very much for any information & assistance.

Best,

MikeE

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I suppose such a career is a possibility. Sure, you can make a job out of anything! I can think of two possible education routes: either study interior decoration/interior architecture, or major in art history, and take art classes on the side. Perhaps someone will come along with a better suggestion.

Whichever way you go, one thing you will absolutely need to do is work on your written communication skills. Your writing is a professional representation of yourself, and right now you are botching it. Start using every post and e-mail as a means to hone your written English.

Good luck.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.