Enviro (need c&c)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Enviro (need c&c)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Enviro (need c&c)

heres an environment i did for the EOW. its pretty unrealized and could use alot of work. just wanted to get it up here and see if what people can bring to the huge list of problems with it. on the good side i learned alot with it and it was pretty fun. i also included some process.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,402 Times in 557 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the perspective is off in this one. u should try using perspective guides when setting something like this up. It can be fixed in this one, just pay attention to the roofs of the buildings.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think its a bit to gray. but the sunlight at the top of the buildings and the red parts of the masks almost saves it. almost 100% desaturation is rare in real life i think.

very imaginative i think.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking

100% desat is pretty common out here in San fran
    but seriously i dont think the color pallate is bad in this image. i would however, rethink the stratagey of the lighting when fixing the perspective issue.
    personaly i find that making an image wich is very grey is a challenge. when reating 3d space it is all to easy to use briliant popping colors warms and cools to create depth.

i think this kind of subltety is all to rare and say keep it up...the technical drawing critiques can be adressed more quickly...while correct perpective is essential, developing a sensitivity to sublte pallets can be more valuable. (see the deficit in this area see all spy games or movies..they are all blue or all green...art directors seem to have been eduated without these skills.)
    we are selling moods feelings and concepts...

Last edited by kingshaj; October 23rd, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow some good crits! thanks alot guys!

artzealot- yeah bro, not one of my stronger ones. im usually a perspective freak, i dunno why but in this one i was trying to forget the foundations of EVERYTHING I HAVE LEARNED. lol, anyhow, it was still worth it. ive learned alot from it.

chr- thanks bro! its a hard image to look at, due to its lack of composition and alot of things. very strange colors. seeya around.

kingshag- never been to san fran, but in december im heading out there for the workshop! i think there are some good things to take away from this one. it was one if those things where i just said down and spat out brush stokes untill i thought i had something. didnt work too great but it was still fun. thanks for you advise. very good crit.

thanks again guys,would like to here more.
    cya
    -ryan

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.