Academy of Art College San Francisco

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Academy of Art College San Francisco

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Academy of Art College San Francisco

Hi I'm a high school student moving to senior status in the fall. I don't have very good grades or much money, but I am confident in my artistic skills. Some thoughts on the Academy of Art College San Francisco would be greatly appreciated.

From what I see, it's a pretty good college that's not critical of grades or financial status. It seems really suited for me, but the problem is that I live in San Francisco. It's a problem because I really don't want to live here anymore...I want to get away -- at least in the San Jose area, San Diego...I'm just tired of San Francisco.

Are there any other good art colleges out there in California that are lowcost (AACSF is around $7000) with evaluation on talent rather than grades? If not, staying in San Francisco for awhile wouldn't kill me, so long as I MOVE OUT of my parent's house.

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well where ever you go it will cost more seeing as you will have to pay rent, and buy food.. Living at your folks place makes costs ALOT easier.. But most acredited art schools like the academy are in the same ball park of $$. Just in the bay area alone there are quite a few places to learn art.. you have the acdemy, you have the college of arts and crafts, you have cogswell (3d animation school), you have tons of Community colleges, I think there is an art institute in SF, I think there is a small atelier some where, I think you can find the link on www.artrenewal.com . Down south there is Art Center, Watts Atelier, LA Figurative, Gnomon, Laguna College of art and design, Bunches of Art Institutes, Plus there are regular CSU's, and UC's.. (I know you want to go to a place based on work not grades, but a lot of places look at your grades if you get a degree there) If costs are important you can always hit a Junior College for a few years, then go to a big name school...anyhow

There are alot of schools in california.. Look through the theads in this section and read up... Go onto Yahoo and do a search for California Art schools.. take a trip this summer and go visit a few.. I have just mentioned a handfull.. And there are some really wonderful schools out of california as well.

I think its easier if you ask about preticular schools then a variety, then people can give you first hand advice... rather than trying to some up a bunch of individual ones.. good luck man..

peace

-Deth Jester
    "Live each day like you will die tommorow, and dream like you will live forever..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you are self motivated, the Academy is excellent for illustration, animation, and 3d. But you gotta motivate yourself and work your ass off, or you'll just become $$ for the machine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

reI academy of art

I actually went to the Academy of Art (for photography & neon sculpture) -- and was glad I did -- chose it over Art Institute, because technical grounding was better. Understand that if you've lived in SF all your life you want to be somewhere different, although I'm in New York now & really missing California. Art scene is more fun in Cali -- not so deadly serious. New York is place to go AFTER you've done your art --when you live in NY, you can spend all energy just keeping a place to live. Maybe get a mape and some darts -- throw a dart and pick the art school closest to the dart. Have a reaal adventure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Academy of Art

I actually went to the Academy of Art (for photography & neon sculpture) -- and was glad I did -- chose it over Art Institute, because technical grounding was better. Understand that if you've lived in SF all your life you want to be somewhere different, although I'm in New York now & really missing California. Art scene is more fun in Cali -- not so deadly serious. New York is place to go AFTER you've done your art --when you live in NY, you can spend all energy just keeping a place to live. Maybe get a map and some darts -- throw a dart and pick the art school closest to where it lands. Have a real adventure!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOutrage
    I love it here, I want to move to Saint Francis Wood. ahhhh...yes.
    all you need is a couple million dollars...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.