Thanks

Verce's Sketchbook

Joined up to learn and grow in my art... since im fairly young as it is i dont expect to be a master any time soon... Id much appreciate crits and comments, anything to help me get better at working with color, perspective and form is appreciated.

Thanks for viewing, Ricky.

35 min: photoshop
    Verce's Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hands study i did sunday night and today. and a quick enviro light practice.. i think i did that ok.. ^^

Verce's Sketchbook
    Verce's Sketchbook
    Last edited by Verce; October 23rd, 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks
    sorry been busy this week, ive been doing small sketches and such but this is really all I feel is decent enough to post, rest are poor in proportion and perspective, so ill be working on that more.

I should have drawn the thumb differently in this.. but this is one of the few i had not used reference on, since i drew the hand i actually draw with,and was just trying to make it look like a hand... ill try and do a few digital paints today and post if i can. But this is all for now.

Verce's Sketchbook

almost forgot this one, low quality scan (dunno might rescan later)
    Verce's Sketchbook
    frehanded the right hand (attempting to look at it) but pencil came out of perspective at some point, so i should probably redraw it sooner or later. but i do like the left (holding on to the paper) it came out nice.

Thanks
    been a little busy with wire sculpture, drawing studies and working on various bits of homework... but i got this done XD

comp entry for a forum im a member of. Its meant to be exaggerated and silleh looking (spikeh hands and head) so id prefer no anatomy crits, since i was only loosely going on skeletal anatomy for this.
    Verce's Sketchbook
    not really meant to have shading, but i threw some on anyway. I need to work on my sharpness XD its a little soft/flat for my tastes.. so ill have to practice my digital illustrative shading more.

Thanks
    Welcome to the CA forums. It's great to have you here.

First piece of advice; Draw like a maniac. The more you draw the better you will get.

Keep doing the observation stuff, its the best way to learn how things are constructed.

I recommend reading "drawing on the right side of the brain" I don't remember the author, but you could google it and find out easily. That book will help you learn how to see, which in turn will help you understand things like form, and perspective.

I know not a bloody thing about color, so can't help you there.

See you around

Q-C

Thanks
    Just draw right now. Certainly have talent. Sketch always, as is said. When you don't have paper handy, or you don't want the effort that it involves, sketch blindly on your hand with your finger. Develop your seeing and coordination.
    Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook