I'm looking for help with a career... Comic Artist.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I'm looking for help with a career... Comic Artist.

Oi, I'm 17 in my senior year right now, likely looking to go to Memphis College of Art. For a while I thought I wanted to be a concept artist, and that's still a maybe, but I'm thinking I'd like to be a comic artist. All I know is that I love to paint. And I'm falling love with photography. I know that all of you likely get these threads a lot, but still, would any of you have any recomendations for school or career.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Savannah College of Art & Design is currently the only US school that offers 4 yr undergrad and graduate degrees in Sequential Art (Comics and Storyboarding). We have quite a few pros in our lineup, including Paul Hudson who is our resident concept artist (worked for Disney, NASA, etc) and teaches most of the concept classes, which are considered part of our department.

There is also Joe Kubert School which hands out 2 yr technical/correspondance degrees in Comic Art

Last edited by Mirana; October 23rd, 2006 at 12:33 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile comics education

There is also the center for Cartoon Studies http://cartoonstudies.org/ in Vermont. It's something along the lines of the Kubert School. I talked to them a little bit at their booth at the Small Press Expo. It looks very good. Right now Diamond is offering a one year scholarship to go there, there's a link on the school's front page.

I've been wanting to go to SCAD for a while, I've visited the school and I really liked what I saw, student work, the professors, and the facilities. I think aside from the Sequential Art department, having access to all of the painting, illustration, and graphic design classes is a big boost from the two year programs. Savannah is an interesting city too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Be sure you get a solid representational art foundation!

I'm from Max the Mutt Animation School in Toronto. We offer a diploma in Illustration for Sequential Arts as well as 2 diplomas in animation. Artist and animator founded, our tuition is very low for a top rated education. Check us out at maxthemutt.com!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one of the best comic schools are in Itally. but I don't think that you are interested in studying in Europe

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.