Sketchbook: ::: sketchbook full of INK :::

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

::: sketchbook full of INK :::

To All - NEW shite @ the bottom!

Hokay! I think i should introduce myself in the first place: my name is Przemek, i'm 22 years old i live in Poland and the thing i love beyond all recognition is drawing. I'm not an art student but i like to doodle random stuff in my free time "random" means mostly robots/mechanic stuff/chix... I was encouraged to start a sketchbook by two members of CA.org - Kicek and Dile and i wish to thank them for all the support and advice they provided me with. Ok 'nuff talking here comes the fun part:

<sorry for crappy quality of my analog scans> (and overall crappy quality of my werkz)

pretty old img, it's actually my firtst doodle done in openCanvas
    full body
    first image done with my Graphire 3
    some mechadesign
    very old piece
    most recent digi doodle, my attempt to immitate mr. mullins style - failed miserably

some analog scanz
    my scanner suxxx big time
    basic colorz

i'm into 3d too

hope to improve my skills with your help peepz, critique and comments always wellcome.

cheers

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by inkR; August 10th, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
    "There are two kinds of people in this world: artillerymen and targets."
    Sketchbook full of INK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Hey man, Glad you started a sketchbook!! and thanks for the "credits" haha
Man, your stuff is awesome, I really like the first portrait and the "mullins" one!
really nice ! Keep posting man! You will only get better now!

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's a nice start, you're awesome, i liek you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 753 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hej inkR. Fajnie że ktoś nowy z Polski zawitał tu na CA.org. Podoba mi się bardzo druga praca (z Killym). Przy konstruowaniu troche można by jeszcze lżejszą linią rysować i byłoby bardziej klarowne.

Keep it up, man! Progress is awaiting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah feedback

Dile - glad you like my stuff, will try to update asap, cheers

miguelslo - thanx for stopping by man!

Farvus - Yo Farv! Dzięki za miłe słowo przeglądałem niedawno Tw&#243;j sketchbook i powiem jedno - wymiatasz! pzdr.

Small update: colored helicopter (yeah i know it doesn't have the main rotor but well) and a couple of other pics, hope you enjoy crits always wellcome.

... and the full version of my avatar picture, the text reads: "Remember - do not ever pet the burning giraffe"

cheers

Last edited by inkR; November 26th, 2006 at 02:28 PM.
    Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another updt, and yeah i know that the proportios suck ass in this pic

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    little tribute to Sinix done today, he's my art hero.

20 min painter

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Todays quickiez:

cheers

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Nice, yeah that post in #7 is really looking sinix cool!
    Keep it up, love the last once aswell! I cant say much now, Tell me if you
    want some crits and I give ya

~Dile

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Dile glad you like them new doodlez. I'm always open for critique so please post everything you want to say about my stuff. The more critz i get, the better. It's all about improvement.

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Hey man, I thought I give you some crits after our chat on IM
    Ok, crit time man!

I start with first post,
    The first piece is awesome, You dont have the proporations, but damn, the mood is sooo good
    even if its slightly stylized! The mouth looks alittle "shit, you hit me, and now my mouth is swollen, argh"
    I dunno how to explain it, it looks fat/swollen, thats what I react on mostly, however I belive you got
    the stylized part down very good , "american comic style" or anime kinda, It just lookin REALLY cool!

The fullbody piece is looking good, still it doesnt have the quality of the head, its to much black
    and theres no way to figure the form out, the rushed lines looks kinda 2pixels , grey, they are really destroying your piece
    The left arm / his right is looking pretty wierd and really UNWORKED, try to use boxes/sphers/ to build the form
    up! and go practice some anatomy (even if im not the guy to say that hehe)
    The legs have the same problem, you have really losed the form, it should look like () right now it looks [] You get me ?
    The right hand is also out of shape, no idea to figure whats what, I mean, You can figure it out, but then you see
    these 2pixels rushed grey lines again that is just putting it down..
    For the ground shadow, I just dunno what to say, its pretty "ugly" and looks like you just found that brush
    in your brush list, used it on 100% opacity, try to "erease" it alittle just to give it some opacity!
    So , summary of this picture is to think about forms! And never use pure black!!! (#000000)

The third picture:
    It got a very nice lighting, and by looking at it as a thumb, The colours and composition looks really cool! great man!
    The "bad thing" is the balance, flip your pictures sometimes, after flipping it, leave the computer for a few minutes, go
    back, and you'll have no problems spotting a few problems! People who are new to the picture and havent worked on it
    for hours tends to see problems soo much easier , Like I do now, and you already know I did a paint over, so I just
    thought i should add it in here, I tried to give your characther alittle more balance and just addjust the light on the figure
    plus shapes// forms some! here we go::

::

::

Mechdesign:
    Good one, but when doing a design , do hundreds (ok not hundreds, but some! more then just one!!!)
    of thumbs first, both focus on design , and on the sillhoute! When drawing something , especially
    when your not studying stuff, the thing you come up with first from mind is what everyone else should have done!
    That means do a few thumbs, or well, I suggest 12 + and just foucs on the shape, when you have the shape do another
    twelve focus on the design, when you got the design down, try to add both these ,I mean you probably got ONE nice shape that you
    like, and ONE nice design you like, put em together! Now you probably got something that you like! Develope it further!
    Now im not saying your pic was badly designed , (even if its mostly a sillhoute) I mean, with some thumbs
    and playing with some more ideas you would come up with something better!! keep at it!

The car:
    Im not a fan of industrail renderings , and I can see in your past stuff you dont do much of that yourself
    although. I like how this one came out, looks alittle tutor-ed by CarDesignNews tutorials, but
    still great man! nothing more to say, just be careful and think of every meaningful line!

VeryOldPiece: I dunno what to say really, Its cool , but im not sure if you really
    want crits on a old piece, so lets just say : cool :

Mullins Try:
    I love that one, the face is cool, I dunno what sort of reaction you wanted to catch
    Im feel that the face is looking like that if he where thinking of what to do next, Good one
    cool colors ; I dunno if you catched a mullins feel, but I belive the colors are great,
    dont use pure black though! and if you do, dont use such a sharp highlights!! its one
    of your better pieces with no doubt!

FirstScan:
    Great, looks like something more then a drawing, I mean, it looks like theres something
    real behind it, have been something more as a characther then just a drawing! thats
    good, although, you've done something I had problems with before, tilt the heads
    forward like that, its just looking depressing, and have no real function behind it, hehe
    how often are you looking at your feets when haveing a costume as a warrior ?
    Cool!

SecondScan: Dude, that really prove you have a nice sence of design! cool!

ThirdScan: I HATE LINED PAPER , ohwell, thats a personal thing, back to your drawing!
    Its really cool, it IS messy, but it isnt that mess you cant figure out what it is
    so its messy in a good way, just try to think of your line quality, it will help you!
    Cool piece, the eyes really give the feeling of hate, great done! although, I have no clue
    how old/new it is, so I cant say if you should practice facial-anatomy, even if its old
    I guess its better to study it then NOT, keep at it!

FourthScan: Nice perspective exercise, to create some intrest in your pic, you should
    ad some variations on the buildings, etc design / wich your very good at \ also the
    height of your buildings! Good work!

FithScanAlien:
    Cool, the black and and blue/darkness is makeing it very flat though, You have a white
    marker ? if so, use it man, it you could create some highlights there just to get some forms
    back after adding the blue, always think of where you want the highlights to be though
    sometimes its hard to get that exact white back where you want it after drawing over
    the spot.

SixthScan: Nice man, looks alittle ScottRobertsson'ish though, (gnomon ?)
    Great designs, even if some are out of forms , I dunno what to crit though, since
    Im still not an industrial-design guy! should do some myself : ) Good once!

SeventhScan: Like these alot, exept for the top-left one, the are all pretty cool!
    Like the bottom-right one most, and the facials are great on top-right!
    Remember to think of line quality though!

EightScan: cool, like these, they are pretty messy though, still that guy with body
    is messy in a good way, the heads are alittle to messy for my taste though.

NinthScan: Cool, nice to see your trying different things! horses ; ) Its alittle to messy,
    when attempting something new, get messy at first, when you have something
    that got some nice sillhoutes and shapes, clean it up on a new paper! I dunno how much
    time you spend drawing, but maybe just offer a few extra minutes cleaning it up, or
    doing what i said (drawing a new version on a different paper)

TenthScanArmourGuyShooting: best rendering so far, still you rushing your lines
    and it looks alittle messy! once agian, think of where you want your lines to be!
    and then render! Good one!

ArmourGuy In digital: Good one, cool lighting on the "bullet-fire" no more
    crits on this guy.

LastAnalog: Nice female, the proporations of the stomach is alittle off, although its nice!
    The other guys have that depressive head tilted forward, TRY TO GET RID OF THAT
    Just a tip man!

3DCar: Damn looking good We should do some 3D colloboration soon please!!
    I need to get back to my old "3d skillz"

********Post#5**********

Nice man, Really like the rendering of the heli, not sure whats going
    on with the rotateing blades, if you got the back one in a seperate layer , then
    you could set it to multiply since its black, and then the underlaying lines
    would be visible ; ) Good one!

SilentHillOne:
    Good, Cool! the legs are alittle tiny though, the "sword" (is it a sword?) if it is, its alittle to rushed ,
    swords tend to (in most cases) be straight, and have a nice shape, your (if it IS A SWORD?) looks alittle
    to crocky...

InkR'sAvatar guy: Good one! I just like it! nice!

*******Post#6***********

Torro:
    Nice rendering, the anatomy is pretty off, the torso isnt suppose to look like \ / more like | | the ribs are alittle
    \ / but not so much angle Keep up the good renderings mate!
    You should study some anatomy for the arms, it looks like theres no knowledge behind the anatomy right now (still only talking about the arms!)

*******Post#7***********

Looks great man! I just think the facials are slighly off, although that should be easly fixed.

*******Post#8***********

FirstOne: Looks pretty sinix, but its cool, no crits!

SecondOne: Good, think about the line quality, although, this time , the stroke-economy is great !!

ThirdOne: Alittle to simple, although, I like the "neck" design, even if its just black, I still can
    imagine the design under the blackness! thats what the Sillhoutes are there for!
    Cool!

AtNightsSheUsedTo:
    Great one, the facials are off though, i can see its stylized, so maybe you didnt thought much of the proporations
    and such, but it still gives a better impression if the anatomy is more correct!
    Keep it up!

Ok, thats all, And its alot man! I REALLY Hope you take this stuff in a positive way! REALLY hope so, your
    stuff is awesome, but theres always stuff to correct/ improve

~Your Friend Dile

• The Following User Says Thank You to Dile_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like this design of green character with white stripes. Really eye catching. My another piece of advice would be to pay more attention to values (unless you're doing some pure line sketch of course ).

Pozdrawiam, Farvus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
  • Hey man *bump*

Where are you ? update this book now!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oy! Been long time since the last update little explanation here: i'm mad busy at the moment with my studies and other things. I'll try to throw some new shite in asap.

Farvus - weee.. nice to see ya again, thx for advice on the values man. I've got some books on that subject... guess it's about time to study them Btw i luv them last updates in your sb man, esp. the Millet study roxxx. pzdr.

Dile - i'm here my man still alive hehe. Sorry for being offline on msn i had some issues with my communicator:/ Will try to move my lazy ass and fix it, oh and big thx for detailed feedback on my stuff it helped a lot! thx for dropping by!

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    3wonderfull art work!!!

pld: NEED CRITIQUE! But BEWARE your Eyes might BLEED OUT of YOUR eye SOCKETS <---cause I really suck and haven't done shit pld:
    My Sketch Book!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting stuff I wonder are you a fan of blame! ? some of your art reminds me of it, cool stuff man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Long timeh no see

Greetz everyone! Back from the dead.
    Ok, i know that my sb was dead for a long friggin time. So what? Hehehe...
    Apologies go to all the ppl who encouraged me to present my work here on ca.org and motivated me back in '06. I've been drawing in my analog sb from time to time during my absence here so.... - well, hopefully i'll manage to go away with such a faux pas

Here's some fresh leadwork from my new analog sb:

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty Cool sketches man, good to see that you're (like me) back on the Sketchbook track.
    Hope you keep posting!

Keep it up!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Carbono! Thanks for your comment mate, glad u like'em!

Another small update, freshly scanned hehe. Trying out shading methods, improving (?) anatomy and facial expressions... and the boobies, well - go figure

And some Zbrush stuff. N00bish second attempt, quite satisfactory nevertheless

Cheerz

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. It's good to see you back. Nice faces and Zbrush model.

I think you need to work a bit more on values. Also try to draw bigger and with sharper pencil .

Keep posting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yepp , very nice to see you back... I still have your sketchbook bookmarked on my old comp.. hehehe =) Glad to see that you're still kickin' it too... cool stuff. More studies from life and pictures though.. it always help =) focus on form and structure and balance =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Farv, hehehe been long time

Many thanks for dropping by, i apreciate that! As per your comments - (jak zwykle rzeczowych i konkretnych, dzięki!) I always had issues with drawing large, dunno why actually, i'll have to work on it a bit. Maybe it's the case of detailing the image... When you draw small, who cares for details hehehe. But seriously that's a good point there man. Oh, and about the pencils i was drawing with 0,5 and 2mm leadholders and i found myself using the bigger one more recently. I guess it's the matter of shading, it's simpler with a bigger (and softer) pencil. Damn i'm a lazy ass hehehe I'll try to combine the two types of pencils - sharper for the contours and linework and the bigger for drawing shadows. Thanks for pointing that one out for me! As to the values.... oh man thats a different issue. I gotta study some of the wise handbooks on the subject cause lately i tend to do freestyle without any theoretical basis whatsoever.... that sucks, but also has some advantages.

Thx for visiting and constructive input. i'll check your sb asap. BTW, i've seen the pose/line/quad fill technique of yours - it's really something! Gotta try it out one day myself

cheerz / pzdr!

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dile my man!!! Wazzzzup?

I'm amazed you still have my old sb in your bookmarks - thx for visit! It means a lot. Crits and comments welcome as in the good old dayz
    Hehe, gotta admit i remember almost all your advice you given me on that previous doodles... and i put it into work!

Glad you're here mate!

Cheerz

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well. I'm not 100% sure how you use those pencils but I feel that it would help to make lines thinner. Even shading ones to get more control over planes. I guess just experiment with different tools to discover some new things. It's all about mileage.
    When it comes to the shading stuff, maybe Loomis books will help clarify certain things. For example this page - http://fineart.sk/photos/figure/066.JPG

Try to put all this knowledge about highlight, light, shadow, halftone, reflected light into use and show clearly with values what is what in your drawing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Farvus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My favorites would have to be the woman with the eye implant and the helecopter. Keep drawing, I'd like to see more.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I stopped using it years ago.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Zenithian Oh, and I am also a GNASH supporter/promoter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketch book, I think because I know You all to well that you should just get your ass moving Cheerz mate

"iron determination
    a will that cannot bend"
    --------------
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FightingSeraph - thanks for your kind words.

Getting my ass movin' as per R&F's request Random recent doodles, been away for a couple of weeks - summertimeh! Still can't force myself to draw anything more than loose sketchez...

cheerz all.

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wanna see more ink!
    You have a really good sense of volume, doing 3d helps with that kind of thing.
    I'd like to see that happen with higher contrast in the pencil work, but your shapes are on point.
    Nice creations :.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello res01ve! Thanks for your kind words man, it's really motivating to hear such things. Your'e right, i do need to work some more on contrast.

It's 1 am here... i was going to watch a movie but i ended up drawing random sht. Scanned, uploaded, now please feed my back

Tried to check how much detail can i pull with my o,5 mm auto-leadholder.
    Oh, the first one turned out emo-kinda-like, dunno why...
    The last one on the other hand, since i humbly consider it to be my best drawing thus far - i wanna dedicate to my girlfriend, she's my muse

'gnite all, gonna get some sleep now.

Sketchbook full of INK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bro, everyday your drawing improves more and more, its pretty cool to look at your sketchbook and see all the progress you did since you started, its really an inspiration!

I love this new batch, that monster guy looks really cool. I would love to see some of your sketches inked!
    Keep it up bro! Cheers!

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.