A hero-like character

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A hero-like character

I's me again ;-)

Here comes another one I did today.. This time it's a hero or god-like character. I portrayed him from below to make him seem powerfull and all
    Let me know what You think!
    A hero-like character
    Name:  god.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  90.6 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my god. I could pull that out of the screen, it looks so real.

It looks like his legs haven't gotten the same amount of attention though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Nice render! Lighting is solid in terms of showing form. Whats the focus though? It appears to me this image is about the character's expression. . . or rather it should be. I like the shadow on his face because it brings the highest contrast to where its supposed to be. However, the rest of the figure is treated with the same intense light all over which cause the figure to be pushed forward. This causes ambiguity as to where the focus is. Furthermore look at how deep that shadow is on the left side of the face. Why isn't there shadows that deep on the left side of the body?

In terms of anatomy and perspective the head is too big. If we are looking up at the figure everything should shrink and taper slightly. Take a look at the relationship between the width of the shoulders and the depth of the rib cage.

I hope this helps. Really great job! I don't mean to nit pick but I think taking a look into the things I mentioned above will make this piece that much stronger. Kudos!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For being that "ripped" muscularly he sure is thin in the waist hehe , I suggest you take a look at some anatomy references, especially of the abdomen. It's what is killing this drawing so far. I think the face looks pretty good, but I think his overall anatomy is just a mess.

By the way , the colors look good so far.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for all the replies!
    2100: His legs really got a bit less attention, but his pants were to be dark, so I didn't want to play too much with light there Glad you like it.
    bbassir:I think You're right about the focus point, I totally forgot about that when drawing this :] I will check the head size (thankfully its on a separate layer ), and play with shadows on his right (our left) side. Thanks for the feedback.
    Koh:You mean he is too thin in the waist? He's actually a bit wider, but the belt gets dark back there and is quite unnoticeable However I will check that. And the general anatomy too. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.