Spirited Away

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Spirited Away

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Post Spirited Away

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've come here a lot over the past couple of years for some inspiration

I saw the magnificient Miyazaki film the other day and the title seemed appropriate for this. I'd classify this as finished, but I could really do with some critique, and this is nowhere near the standards of the finally finished section. I don't do an awful lot of digital painting (and I've no doubt it shows) since I generally tend to fall on the design side of the fence moreso than painting.

Spirited Away

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice.

im not familiar with the falling character from the film but it has some proportion issues. tha head is quite big compared to the body? but maybe its a child...

everythings very saturated. i get a bit confused not knowing where to look. maybe you could create som kind of focus point. Maybe use some complimentary color to create contrast. ... but monocrome is nice too......

sorry if im not very helpfull

Last edited by Chr; October 19th, 2006 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice. The picture isn't actually based on the film, the title just seemed to fit in I'll take on board what you said about using complimentary colours to help create a focal point and contrast - I really hadn't thought about that, and I hadn't really picked up on the proprtion issue either.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had the same thought...that you needed a complement to offset all that blue somehow. Or perhaps a pale colour to contrast the saturated. There are many ways to find contrast in an img and I think you only need one sometimes.

Compositionally, it's like there is a big diagonal going through your picture

I like the feeling though! Nice work.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    its too dark,
    I know youre trying to convey a night scene here but it still doesnt have to be so hard to read. This is underwater right? and she is diving, there should be a lot more bubbles from the surface pointing to her direction. Ofcourse the lighting will be noticeable on the bubbles too. The moonlight can go further down. see this thread-I hope i got the right one here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73761
    should be a download of El Coro's underwater scene PSD, its awsome.

ofcourse also..proportions, anatomy, joints, bla bla bla

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I took on board what you guys had to say (awesome tips) and revised the picture. Further critique would be appreciated - I'm not sure how to make her front in keeping with the lighting, yet still define it.

Spirited Away

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.