Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So.. hungry..

Thanks

So.. hungry..

- Getting my throat cut tomorrow –

Literally actually, It was a year ago or so that I started wondering why I was so irritable some days and fell asleep just about any time of the day just about anywhere, so I went to the doctor and had myself checked. Turns out I got this sleeping apnoea thing where you stop breathing in intervals during the night and it can potentially kill you sooner or later as it wears out the heart and make you do really stupid things during the day due to sleep deprivation (Like breaking my finger as I attempt to jump into my bed and misses). A year later and I’m finally getting my surgery done tomorrow (!).They're going to do allot of shit with my throat/mouth tomorrow so I won't exactly be in heaven the following weeks and I don't know how long I'll be doing painkillers and be to drugged up to do much of anything. I’m supposed to be asleep by now but I’m way too jumpy for that.

Anyhow, I’ve been a member here at CA for almost two years now and it just dawned on me that even though I’ve browsed this forum for so long, learned so much and gotten used to so many people around here. I’ve just about not learned to know anyone or hardly made any posts myself.

I’m an extremely social bugger otherwise and I hardly ever get to meet any artists in my everyday life so I really should take this great opportunity to actually say hello to all you crazy artists who keep inspiring me and who’ve been a part of my life for so long. I’ve wanted to go to the workshops ever since I first found this place but there is so much stuff going on in my life that I haven’t been able to, but rest assured that I will show up on one of those things within the coming years (Keep a look out for a really tall Swede with a stupid smile on his face and a big camera in his hands, looking like he reached nirvana)

So, consider this my long due introduction and way of saying “Hi everyone!” and thanks for all the laughs, inspiration and for making this place a generally great community!

And of course I’d like to send my humble gratitude to the guys at Massive Black for kick starting this un-stoppable snowball of artistic dreams and visions known as conceptart.org. Keep doing your thing and sooner or later you’ll realise that you’ve inspired and helped just about a whole generation of young struggling artists from all over the world.

Best regards
    //Jove
    Last edited by Jove; October 20th, 2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Changed the title
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wish you get well really soon and never have this problem anymore! Write to us to inform us how you are when you will be able to do it.
    Regards.
    Sveta

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    good luck with operation dude,hope you recover soon and then really start posting some works of yours. and welcome btw
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 Times in 259 Posts
    Good luck, and nice to meet you. :-) I hope you recover quickly and start enjoying nights of uninterrupted sleep soon!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Yeah man. Get well soon. It's good that you get that thing taken care of.
    When you get back we all want to see your stuff

Thanks
    pray for the best, I wish you the best on your operation..oh and nice to meet you !
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Thanked 16,685 Times in 5,022 Posts
    Good luck, I hope it changes your life.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    speaking with second-hand experience, good luck, and hang in there
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    g'luck, hope you get well after the surgery. My dad had his throat cut due to a herniated disc, but he recovered very quickly, even worked the next day.

Thanks
    Hello everyone, I just got back home and I’m currently re-defining my personal understanding of the word ”pain”. Great fun in a “please kill me now” kind of way, I haven’t eaten or slept in two days now and I’m on some freaky medication so I’m currently in a bit of a funky state of mind to say the least.

@sve: Many thanks for the support; I’ll keep you posted on my adventures.

@Carnifex: Thanks man, your one of the people I feel like I already know somewhat, I’ve seen your stuff, your photos and even photos of you as well

@Seedling: Thanks, nice to meet you to

@moopuff: Thanks, I’ll definitively start posting some stuff as soon as my head is clear enough and I got something to show

@JLAIfaro: Thanks, glad to meet you to.

@Elwell: Thanks man, my hat of to you, you’ve given me many laughs and things to ponder over the years.

@Hyver: Thanks, you went through the surgery as well?

@Jabo: Thanks, well I’m heavily medicated and still in a lot of pain/discomfort right now and the Doc say I’m not supposed to do anything for 10 days but I hope for a quicker recovery then that.

The faint or easily disgusted can skip the next part:

Well I’ve had some great adventures the last days, the most disturbing being yesterday when I against my best knowledge decided to have a peek down my throat to se how it looked. I got up from my bed and dragged my gismo on wheels with me (the rack with nutrition and such going through tubes into my hand.) I slowly stumbled to the bathroom in my sexy hospital shirt, they don’t really make the shirts in sizes for guys 1,97m tall so I must have looked pretty stupid. I firmly grabbed the sink and looking in the mirror I slowly pried my mouth open as wide as I could, man that was a mistake. A, it fricking hurt, bad. And b, it looked like something from a horror movie, There where stitches everywhere and everything was just an un-even stitched mess back there. The natural primal reaction to this turns out to be vomiting and I feel my stomach starting to spasm, well I’m no rocket scientist but I realize that if I vomit right now I’m in for a really shitty experience so I fight it with everything I got, it takes about 10-15 minutes for me to breath normally again but at least I managed to stop myself from throwing up. I’d take a photo of my mess of a throat for you guys and galls If I didn’t know that it would probably make me vomit and now that I’m at home and not at the hospital that would probably be an even more un-pleasant experience. Anyhow, I’ll keep you guys posted on my trip to recovery.

Much love
    //Jove

Thanks
    Hey Jove, if you're on weird medicine, try doing some drawing. Not only will it take your mind off the pain for a while, but you may draw some really freakish stuff! LOL

Hang in there, buddy!

Thanks
    Hey man, why couldn't you just get a C-PAP machine. I have a terrible case of sleep apnea. I recently got a machine that pumps air into my lungs as I sleep. Im assuming you were given this option already? I guess its too late if not since you already got the operation, but I hope everything works out for you. It sure does suck not getting your sleep dude, and it will change your life. It did mine. God Bless and a speedy rec. to you.

Thanks
    Hey Jove, didn't see this post until today and it seems like you were able to get through surgery alright. I haven't had any serious surgery myself (only surgery I've really had was getting my wisdom teeth removed, which many probably wouldn't consider anything at all hehe) but I really feel for ya; just keep yourself occupied and I'm sure you'll start to feel better really soon get well soon and nice to meet ya!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast