Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicks who Draw Chicks - NOW AVAILABLE AT THE CA STORE!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    aight,i'll attempt some crits myself aswell. ol' pixel can't stay the only one,and pretty much everyone knows i'm a ladies' man by now

#1- i think i know perfectly well who did this,heh. great colour choices,very harmonic with the red/green/blue combination. good stance and technically superb. because of the animal features it's hard for me to rate her sexiness,but from the body alone i'd probably give her a 75% rating. her right boob's abit too high for my taste.

#2 -well,it's been said often enough but this is probably the best entry of the bunch. the whole picture is harmonic,aswell in composition as in colour and subject choice. love how the animals are implemented and everything just gives off a dreamy feel...like a sweet september afternoon where the warmth is still present. pretty obvious to me who did it,so i say congrats -that's certainly your strongest yet. the woman herself doesn't grind my gears as much,but she's still about 65%,if not alone for the face.

#3 hm,well,i'm rather a fan of long-haired girls,so this isn't as sexy to me,plus i don't quite fancy that white cloth across the chest. would've rather gone for a whole jacket here,but that's just personal preference. rather something around 35-45%,sorry. technically this is really well done, from the groin down it's near impossible to tell if it's digital or traditional,but judging from the face i'd still guess digi. the lower half is much more interesting to me,probably because of all the tentacles and little faces that guide your eye around. in comparison the upper half just lacks something to guide the eye around the whole piece. mine's drawn to the lower right corner all the time,probably because of the placement of the dark brown in the upper left one. funny enough it instantly reminds me of layil,because as said,that's the kinda outfit she'd probably try some day (psst,i'd leave out the hat). the glove reminds me of a certain other forum member...

#4 the leg! oh the leg. that's my biggest crit point. it just brings the whole piece down. i can't imagine you (the artist) find that really sexy,but i assume you just ran out of time likewise with the background-it needs more punch. some nice wall texture f.ex. perspective really needs some more forthought next time aswell. the woman is abit too manly for my taste,plus the tight-knit hair makes her look rather strict. though i assume she needs abit punch if she's to deal with those big cats in the future stomach reads abit flat (picture wise). overall i'd rate her around 50% because she looks like she could be a really loving mother.

#5 (wow,i'm gonna need some more posts like this) really nice. not quite sure about the perspective but it's hard to pull off. colour choices are excellent,though the pond could use just abit more blue instead of green. i'm not that fond of the cropping,because,even if it pulls the eye nicely towards the woman,it makes me feel like something's gonna drop on my head any minute. i'd have finished that upper half with some branches. the woman is very sexy,body-wise,but i'm not that fond/convinced of/by her face. dunno why,but the nose looks rather flat,resulting in a generally flattened face for me. great work on the cloth and good contrast between her soft skin and the raw bark of the tree,i'm considering around...hm 75% perhaps. really tough on this one because i'm torn between the face and the body.

#6 hilarious concept i love the expression. not sure why you gave her purple skin,but i assume it's for colour-compositional reasons. right leg could use some more work to soften it up,but generally the picture is near perfect,technically speaking. i'm normally not a big fan of corsets,and thus not as familiar with it,but wouldn't it be pushing her boobs higher? dunno. hairdo isn't my case,so i'm rating it round 60%.

#7 really good one. looks like it's taken directly out of a tolkien book or something similar. love the colour choices and overall composition,despite all the detail it doesn't get cluttered and the eye can still rest on various areas. tough for me to rate her,because she's so bright on my monitor (heh,double standard),but she's very beautiful in an aesthetic sense,so around 75%. different haircolour might have changed that,but that probably wouldn't have fit into the picture as well.

#8 wow,very high energy level on this one. love the saturated colours and oogling male faces on the side (i guess they stand for that kind). not quite my kinda clothing,but she's definately sexy. somewhere round 80% atleast,the hairdo is great.

#9 again,not my kinda clothing,but the picture is definately well-arranged. the texture works really well on those boots,but abit more saturation could've increased the punch. on second thought though,rather apply that to the hair. overall sexiness about 40-45%,again because i'm not too fond of the total lack of hair on the sides.

#10 hmmm who could that be? figure could've been arranged abit more in the middle methinks,but apart from that everything works perfectly. half-open mouth works well,though it's almost cliché for being sexy. tough to rate because it's abit more "abstract",but definately around 75-80%. heh,just noticed the rocket. nice little implementation of phallus-symbols

whew,ok,short break here because i need food,but i'm definately gonna continue then.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    And Carnifex is today's hero! Keep 'em coming after you eat, we're anxious to hear your thoughts ^_~ I love when people rate these, all Hot-or-Not style...!

Thanks
    Thank you Carnifex, you are sweet, you know we need to hear your thoughts and impressions, guys, I personally need to hear any kind, i'm not afraid of anything anymore . it is priceless. thank you again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sve
    you know we need to hear your thoughts and impressions, guys
    I'd also be curious to see you guys try to match the mystery artists with their pieces. It's kinda like a masquerade ball right now, with the unveiling happening once the results are in

Thanks
    chicks who draw chicks....

won't see any complaints from me
    Note to self: START DRAWING FROM LIFE!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 719 Posts
    I'm pretty much clueless as to who did what, although I suspect that's partly because I haven't been around here as long as most..

I think I'd get maybe 1 out of 30..

Thanks
    argh, my internet has died on me so many times these past three days I've made it late to the party.

All in All great work ladies, this was a great thing! I love all of you ladies, including our honorary tampon-loving member Oblio ;p
    ¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    Nice images in here, women of CA! Good luck with the calender!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Oh WOW!!!!!!

Great work ladies- we rock!!!!!!

I think it should be Girls vs Boys next.......we'd KICK YOUR ARSES!!!!!!

Mollyxxx
    sniff sniff... i smell a challenge!
    polylover.com

Thanks
    Congrats ladies, beautiful artwork I absolutely love number 2 and 22...

Thanks
    thanks myladies.
    on we go...

#11 that style seems extremely familiar. can't quite place my finger on it,but i'm guessing a certain bear... i'm not sure if you were entirely thinking about sexyness,because i can't believe that anyone except necrophiles/hardcore s/m fans would find torn-off skin sexy. technically perfect,don't know if there's anything really to crit. well,maybe her second leg,which seems to completely disappear. i'm entirely unsure how to place this image. it makes me go "whoa cool",but it doesn't give off a vibe of sexiness to me (kinda obvious),but at the same time the white background makes it impossible to be entirely creeped out. i dunno if i should think of "that time of the month",but that's the only explanation that comes to my mind. though of course,i can't somehow imagine that women find each other sexy when their stomachs are cramped to the max. overall,let's see...if she had skin,i'd maybe give her around 60-70% because her body seems to be quite well-formed,but alas,as it stands,it's down to 15% max.

#12 whoa. now that's sexy. maybe it's because of the pose and perspective but this one captures the "pinup" mood most out of all pics. really,the pose...that screams "seduce". (plus i'm a sucker for redheads,but that only aside). composition and colour choices fit the subject perfectly,albeit abit dark on the shadows. i'd rather have gone for some slight green or yellow instead of black. no other crits,perfectly rendered considering the style,optimal setup,and convincing message. definately 85-90%.

#13 goes into a similar direction as #12,but not as successful. the pose and design work really well,but the colours are abit muddy,plus pure white for highlights and pure black for shadows -nu-uh. i'm having abit trouble reading the lightsource. the wall suggests it's a flashlight from the front,but the small thorns on the dragon suggest a lightsource from the right side. the woman herself unfortunately seems alittle flat...probably because of the flashlight lightsource (although it doesn't seem like a ref was used,which probably should've been considered). still,if more worked out,she'd probably be dead sexy. around 75-80% aswell. so study,study

#14 hehe,i really like that one. can't crit anything technically,but if we speak strictly pinup,this doesn't really match. of course,hardly anyone could pose sexy when out in this cold. very convincing pose,and she's really cute. definately around 80%. i don't get that bird though

#15 really hard to crit,because it's so stylized. the lines could have been abit more fluid,instead of broken down into pieces like this. as a calendar piece it works perfectly though. i can almost see the dates put there on the left. head's a tad big. overall around 55%,because she's abit too anorexic for my taste,even though it's stylized.

#16 wow,that looks cold. perfect composition,render and colour choices. nothing to crit from a technical viewpoint. great attention to detail. bit too thin for my taste,so around 65-70% for me. otherwise near perfect.

#17 mmm hot jungle. my only crit is how it's cropped. could've really needed one or two centimeters upwards and downwards. the tiger gets cut down at his nose and the woman at her head. and that with such beautiful hair and render. apart from that no crits-just noticed the little wound,wonderful storytelling there. 75-80% atleast,but long hair is always magically fascinating.

#18 ok,bit tough for me because of the technical disadvantages. i'm pretty sure you already know you need to work on anatomy and proportion here,so i'll go into other things. bit on the manly side if you ask me,and the perspective doesn't work too well for it,because you can see the waves in the back,which would make for a perfect setting,but like this,we're seeing to little of it. double light source is really hard to pull off,and you managed relativly well,though in this case a triple lightsource (with the moon) might have done the final trick,cause it would've made a perfect contrast (blue moonlight,yellow fire). not too fond of this kinda underwear,so i'll go towards 35-40%. you could've tried giving her dreadlocks instead of those ponytails,but i guess that's your preference.

#19 good proverbium and well done image,though everything looks abit washed out. you know,like someone took the photo and accidentaly moved the cam while pressing the button -the only real focus is on her face, where imo it should be on the whole body. not necessarily the cloth,but just the skin showing. some technical difficulties in the shading of her back,but on the other hand i love the setting. overall sexyness rating ~55%,looks like a really tall person,which doesn't quite go with most asian beauties i know

#20 i think i know who did this,but i don't wanna spoil anything. i'll take wild guesses later. well, of course it looks damn cold,and additionally the small figure in the bg looks like she's wanking off or trying to pose really hard slight animal features make it abit hard to judge the sexyness,but she has a very supermodel-like body (esp. because of the long legs). colours work really well,as does the composition. if i had the temperature of a snowball (so i could stare long enough),i'd rate her around 70-75%.

#21 i really like the setting,but the figure doesn't quite convince me. colour wise,those waters could've gone alot more into blue to contrast better with the reds of the figure, and on the figure the shadows could've been alot more saturated to really imply that it's a sunny,warm day. maybe the whole figure could've been more saturated. anatomical issues aside,i wonder where you left her right foot? i can't imagine she's sitting on it really,because then she'd fall over. you could've really gone wild with the hair here,instead of going after greek antiques (did you?). and the lips. because of this,i give her about 45%. she seems nice,but rather ordinary.

#22 my personal nr.2. i'm taking my first wild guess here and say it's shelly wan's piece. now,mrs#21,this is how you could've used your colours. the saturation works perfectly. love the way the abstract tree shapes flow into the hair (and that old little guy down there). though something tells me the story behind this guy isn't as pleasant,considering the slightly cheeky looks. only crit is that the redhead's right hand is really fuckin big in comparison. sexyness around 85%-i'd hit that.

#23 i think i know this one,although i'm slightly uncertain now when i think back to montreal (keyword "belly dancer"). nothing really to crit here,the stylization makes it hard to judge. perfect colour choices,composition-wise there could've been needed a darker spot at the top to balance it abit more. those boobies could probably poke my eyes out so i give her about 60%

#24 for some reason this reminds me of sve. the facial features and happy natural look just kinda do. nothing much to crit here,although from afar,her head looks a tad bit small. again one of the few ones who really screams "pinup" to me,although in much more delightful way,not dead-on "i wanna seduce you". overall 60-65% for natural beauty.

#25 wow,uhm,what did you eat for breakfast. nah,seriously,i dunno what to crit here. or generally to say. i mean,it's a harpy (i guess?). technically perfect,aswell as colour and composition-wise. though on second look,abit more sky in the lower left corner could've balanced it alittle more. hard to judge sexyness,but because her hair looks abit unwashed i'll give her 25%,perhaps abit more if it was an actual lady.

#26 well done. on a technical level,it could use some adjustments, girl looks abit hard. good expression of happiness though,and a rather well-captured mood. not really my kinda girl (figure-wise right now),so around 35% for me.

#27 well,now that's pinup. the little bunnies are really cute. colour and composition work well,but the hairdo and eyes aren't really mine. if i cover those up,she's a definit 80% candidate. butt looks perhaps alittle fake,but that might just be me.

#28 abit dark. the colours are well chosen,but you've got a highly saturated blue bg and an unsaturated dark red skin,which for me pulls away the eye to the sky (heh,rhymes). and,pardon the stupid question,but wtf does she have shoes on for? it doesn't fit with the "nature fairy" theme (which i see) at all. flower in the lower right pulls abit too much attention aswell. composition-wise,you could've moved her abit to the left,but otherwise it's fine. slightly too skinny for me though,so i'll give her about 55-60%.

and finally #29 dunno about the storm going on,takes away from the "pinup" theme of the whole pic. otherwise it works perfectly,i can well imagine this as a november/december pic in a calendar. colours and composition work well and anatomy seems ok aswell. you could've brought out the face abit more,but i'm not quite sure how. reads alittle bit flat. generally 65-70% for the girl,seems like a nice one.

phew,ok that's it. sorry if i didn't go too much in-depth on the last ones anymore,but critiquing is harder than it looks.
    props to everyone who participated again,and hope to see something similar in near future again. (maybe not only from the girls...? i mean they can't have all the fun now,can they?)

cya
    carni
    Sketchbook

Always think about:

Thanks
    You bastard, you always have to one-up me, don't ya? =P

j/k, good work on the crits!

I am anxious to see who makes the cut!

Thanks
    my eyes are burning now,y'know
    ditto.
    Sketchbook

Always think about:

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast