CHOW #44 - VOTING - Special Ed. - ORTHO - 3 eye masked mechano goblin hunter
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Choose your CHOWracter!

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • ChuckWadey

33 34.02%
  • DurinPiru

3 3.09%
  • abidangit

15 15.46%
  • Snuggles

0 0%
  • TheDreamWalker

3 3.09%
  • Pish_Posh

0 0%
  • cognitionsb

7 7.22%
  • davetheoriginal

9 9.28%
  • vampireninja

2 2.06%
  • Gep

0 0%
  • Sinix

13 13.40%
  • hankthetank

0 0%
  • IanMack

5 5.15%
  • MarcoMazzoni

17 17.53%
  • Dominus

12 12.37%
  • Artwx

3 3.09%
  • yAdam

0 0%
  • quai

0 0%
  • chadmango

1 1.03%
  • Hurricane

33 34.02%
  • cowboysurfer

0 0%
  • GoyaToons

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Oblio is offline Pointless. 1st CA student. Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation CHOW #44 - VOTING - Special Ed. - ORTHO - 3 eye masked mechano goblin hunter

Choose your CHOWracter!

Like CHOW? Support This Site. Buy your T-Shirt

ORTHO - 3 eye masked mechano goblin hunter
    (interpret it as you like)
    Thx Dominus

It's beginning of October.
    At the beginning of each month we will have an ORTHO as a request. (You need those in your portfolio.)
    The orthos will be used as starting point for the monthly 3D challenge to be featured in the 3D area.
    By submitting your work to CHOW this week you agree to that (your work to be available for another activity here on CA)
    Happy?

A good ortho looks like this (courtesy of MassiveBlack)

For info on orthos - see these threads:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77705
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77933

Now... concept!

Topic elements:

1 = Mechanic parts
    2 = has 3 eyes
    3 = mask
    4 = goblin or goblin hunter

Make sure your picture contains these - you will receive 3 VOTES for each topic covered.
    3 extra votes will be offered for the description.

POLL RULES
    (for the new people)
    NOT ALL ENTRIES ARE TAKEN TO THE POLL.
    (the selection is based on technical quality criteria)
    ENTRIES NOT POLLED WILL RECEIVE C&C
    (i really try to do this every time)
    IT IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS - MISTAKES CAN BE MADE
    I am trying to set this as a professional demand. I act as the client...
    Oblio is always looking for feedback - If Oblio is wrong - tell him so.

ROUND COMMENTS:

Special Edition indeed.
    Spectacular efforts and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL who dared to try this.
    This was realy a challenge and so many problems have arised - i am realy glad we did it.
    If any of you guys want to take on and do the 3D or the sculpture too - join me in the 3D section.
    It's time to ROCK that area...

i have taken all the entries to the poll this time - if i was to take only the ones suitable for a pro enviroenment.. i would have .. a very small poll.
    But i wanted to encourage everyone for doing this.
    I tried to do my own ortho but had no time to finish - we are few weeks before candidate master so we work the weekends

The next topik will be up very soon. Sand by...

WINNERS
    Everyone was a winner this special round. However.. you voted and designated .. umm.. TWO like being the best.
    Ladies and Gens.. i give you ChuckWadey and Hurricane . Nice pair, eh ?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Oblio; October 23rd, 2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final:

When the evil wizard Ten-neardith set goblins upon the land, he'd had no idea that they'd be so successful. In only two turns of season the goblins had wiped out nearly half of the peasant population and sent the rest fleeing across the sea. To bring the goblin plague back under control, the wizard constructed a Goblin Hunter; a synthesis of corpse, iron work, magic and blades that was powerful enough to slaughter all the goblin tribes. If it, like the goblins, turned out to be too powerful, Ten-neardith could always dismantle the mindless hunter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    pfieuw, this is a toughy! Will do my best!

final

Grobna Kritsnok is a "Goblin Engineer". When his arm got stomped by a large orc, he built himself a mechanical arm (with the help of some captured humans, who he killed off after finishing his new arm), to stomp large orcs. Connected to the engine of the arm, Grobna's third eye watches the surroundings for pending danger. The gold mask, that he uses to look important, was stolen from a so called "Sun-god". Since his arm stomps other things dan large orcs too, he had no problem in gaining that precious jewell.

Grobna Kritsnok is the meanest little pain in the ass, with a huge mechanic arm to help him in gaining control in any situation.

Piru's Portfolio - Piru.be - WACOM Buying Guide - SHOW your STUDIOS!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uziel's SB! - Piru's Sketchbook & Epias' Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Edit....carving up the shape to get it where I want it....
    Critiques welcome and wanted...first CHOW. Still very rough, but I'm figuring out how I want it to look....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finished piece, for better or worse. Some things I'm not happy with, but I'm glad I pretty much got it done.

"It was less than a year ago that the exiled gnomes of Renwine raided a goblin camp in the middle of the darkest night of the year, and made off with their strongest warrior, bound and gagged. After a month of labor, the travelers who regularly infringed upon their territory were given a new reason to stay at home. From those who survived the trek, reports flooded into local taverns of a hideous beast. A goblin warrior, no longer recognizable, skull rended to shreds and replaced with a dull, strange dome shaped rock terrorized and hunted down any who entered the territory.

"Chain dragging from his iron collar," they would say, "he chases y'down with poles shunted through his legs, balancing on 'em like a clown but moving thrice as fast as any goblin ever should. Burnin' at his own skin as he shoots at you with that...that damned thing in his left arm, and the other soiled 'eavy with blood. Gawddamn, you ever smelled burnt goblin?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    1st CHOW for me.

Diary Entry - Date: 15/10/2206
    The CHOW-44 virus had finally spread to the city of London, and its effects are causing mass hysterics. The children see the victims of the virus mutate and call them 'Goblins'. A fitting name, that i hope i never have to be called. I have been infected with the CHOW virus with a bite to my left leg already, but i was quick enough to amputate it myself after fleeing. The perfomancing enhancing drugs i take are destroying my body slowly. I have even begun losing my sight, and have resorted to using a visor with a lens hooked to my palm, to see properly. My third eye is my saviour in this chaotic city, its only a matter of time before the CHOW virus takes over. But i can't stop hunting down the Goblins... I can't give just give up...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

He doesn't run much, but he's pretty good at throwing his little blade on a rope.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (edit) I hated my digital one, sorry. I had to change it up. I like the hand drawn sketch MUCH better.

Crunch time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys! I can't believe I've never entered the CHOW before! Time to fix that! Here's some preliminary concept sketches I've done. More to follow soon!
    Hope you like them!

Another WIP

And starting my final lines...

the final!

Close up sections because photobucket wont let me show the image full size!

WHOOPS! Forgot my description!

Grott Drexxlebang - hunter for hire!
    when Grott went to see his careers adviser her was told he should be a bounty hunter. Being only 6 years old, Grott didn't realise that his careers adviser was a sarcastic drunk. Nonetheless, despite his diminuitive size, lack of speed and strength, Grott was very determined to fulfill his destiny and his parents had read far too many books on "positive parenting" to discourage him.

After a year, the only "cleaning" work Grott got was at the local swimming pool. Then one day, when he was waiting for his Mum to finish ironing his clothes, he saw a talk show about "achieving through self-improvement" and completely missed the point. Grott had an epiphany (or as close as he was going to get one anyway)! He would further his career as a hunter by getting cybernetic augmentation! Now taller, faster, stronger and with considerably more firepower, the job offers started to flood in. Sadly for Grott, his enthusiasm for the job always gets the best of him, and instead of bringing his targets back alive in one piece, he normally ends up annihilating them with his cannons.

Despite not being very successful, Grott remains cheerful and his parents are still very proud of him and are sure he will start to get some more work soon. They even hope that he one day he may make enough to pay some rent!

Last edited by DavidCousens; October 17th, 2006 at 07:14 AM.
    The sketchbook thread!

The Art of David and Sarah Cousens: www.CoolSurface.com!
    The Cool Surface Art blog: http://CoolSurface.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DavidCousens

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew. Hopefully I didn't overlook something.

Spikes can be removed for modeling purposes. Both sides of the body are essentially the same (apart from the arms).

Number 8 is the most superior of a series of fighters bred by goblins to join their forces.

Ironically, what was raised to be the goblins' hunter became a hunter of goblins, seeking to destroy the race that created it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FINAL UPDATE: So I finished, and I fixed those issues with the arms. However, after seeing Sinix's work, I have to say, he is getting my vote, good work man. cognition and Gep, you guys have smashing works as well. Artdwx, you also are showing a very strong piece with a strong style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all

Here is my goblin hunter.

Here is a link to a higher res file
    http://www.gepart.com.au/Goblin_Hunter_mid.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, WIP. I'll probably throw together some simple clothing, maybe a mechanical weapon.

Update: I sat down and threw together some clothes/weapon. I think I'll just leave this as is.

A master of gadgets and the mechanical arts, this goblin always comes prepared to hunt down the most rare of game.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just started doodling...
    btw this is my first chow 8) hope i can finish it before the deadline

WIP

working on the turnarounds right now..

some nice chows already posted :/

LOL Azrael..im not as good as u r thinking, but thanx...im feeling like now im good artist LOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Goblin hunter #0164 is equipped with a prototype goblin hunting armor utilizing an advanced blend of machinery and magic. The sensors on his hands and head are his eyes and weapons(sharp claws work as a weapon too...).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FINAL

"For the death of my mother and father, and the loss of my forearm, and for all Gnomekind, I vow to hunt down all Goblins! ...but how...hm, yes." - Schlep

His name is Schlep and he's a gnome. Most gnomes prefer to stay in their mountain homes and create inventions but this particular gnome has a vendetta. No one took him that seriously until he actually left the mountain caves and began his trek around the northern territories.

He is equipped with the highest in Gnome war technology, the steam-powered sling railgun. Stling-gun for short. It is attached to his arm just below the elbow and the robotic arm carries the power cables and assists in movement of the gun. Two pouches on either side hold a number of discs which he loads into the railgun.

His mask, a three-eyed piece of work, contains regular goggles as well as a single eyepiece which acts as binoculars. He is able to combine these two inventions in such a way that he has cleared the Yarn mountain range of Goblins while perched on the top of Mt.Rastern!

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update2: Added description. I haven't had time to draw any more.

From the Chronicles of Squattook Frogcatcher:
    We have abandoned our tribesite. Our shrine, the burial sites of our Fatherbones, our ancestral totems, our mushroom crops, all left behind. Because of that thing...the Scourge.
    It fell from the heavens in a great flaming egg that, when cooled, appeared to be made fish hide or something similarly shiny, but as hard as arrowrock. We knew it to be a sign from the Gods, but was it a blessing or a curse? We retreated back to our tribesite to conduct rituals of divination and preparation, leaving two guards to watch the great egg from the heavens. In the ours past midnight, one of the guards returned, screaming like a mother hawkdrake. "It's following me!" he shrieked, over and over again. We were perplexed, but then we heard it. A ratcheting sound like nothing I'd heard before, a repeating sighing and pumping sound, and the sounds of limbs snapping and shrubs being trampled. Then it appeared, three times the hight of a man, with great bird-legs made of the same substance as the egg from which it had emerged, and a hideous head with horns and darkly glimmering eyes. The other guard's body hung skewered from its huge spear.
    We came to call it the Scourge, for it killed us relentlessly. Prayer did not work. Offerings did not work. Sacrifices did not work. When our warriors grouped together to challenge it, it fled, only to return and pick us off one by one. It smashed our huts, forcing us to flee to the caves. And now we are forced to flee even from that santuary, to leave our lands altogether. And it still follows us, killing one, two, three every day. There are less than twenty of us left, yet we are still nearly a Moon's travel away from the tribesite of the Shore People, where we may take a boat and finally escape this devil. I fear we will never make it, for the Scourge becomes more daring as our numbers dwindle. Oh, Gods, how have we failed you?

From the Log of Commodor Ramidel Ceti
    It was brought to my attention today that one of our deployment pods, with a team of three ATW-equipped troopers aboard in stasis, was accidently ejected onto a nearby planet as we stopped to refuel. The pod landed quite roughly and was believed to be completely destroyed. Yet, somehow, one of the troopers survived physiclly intact. Because it was awakened from stasis via violent crash, though, its programming seems to have been damaged and it is behavior is quite erratic. It seems to be systematically eradicating a tribe of goblin-like indigies with nothing but a simple combat javelin, and is really performing quite beautifully, despite its damage. It is eating its kills and its solar cells are functioning fully, so both organic and mechanical components will operate indefinitely. I admit I had my doubts about the effectiveness of these new "cyborg warriors," but now that I have witnessed one in action they have my complete confidnce. Autarch praise the engineers who built them!
    Refueling is now complete and we are continuing onward toward our destination. On a side note, retrieving the ATW trooper was determined to be completely impractical, and its remote command recievers seem to have been damaged in the crash, so we left it. From time to time I chuckle, thinking of it terrorizing those hapless goblin natives.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess I thought my first attempt at an ortho wasn't going to be challenging enough without an over worked character design.

The side views are place holders so they don't quite line up yet.

WIP

This is way too much fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here`s a sketchy entry from me, i know it`s not that accurate.. i`ll aslo make a color version and separate hands and pose, if i have enough time

update: did not have time for more... ( hope the sketch will help more..
    i will finish this anyway next week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Here it goes

Ok here is my Concept for Chow 44 pick a mask any mask!

Klynn The Goblin Hunter;
    Just before age of the rule of King Ashir the old king was attacked and killed by a hostile goblin tribe. Not knowing which tribe killed the king the prince demand that all goblins pay for the murder and large bounties were placed on the heads of all goblins. It is now an age for bounty hunters to get rich.
    Klynn was born to the goblin tribe of the third eye, which was wiped out by another warring goblin tribe when Klynn as a young teen. He lost an arm in the sluaghter and was left for dead. He was found by a traveling golemn merchant who took him for his own apprentice. He spent many happy years learning under the old man, but times were poor for them and Klynn learned of the bounties on his kind, kylnn decided to go into a new trade and take revenage on his own kind. He started hiding his identity to all he meet using masks and make up so no one would know his race. He so became a master of decption. And his alter egos soon became the best goblin hunters around, but how long till some discovers his secret and he becomes the hunted.

Alright I know it's along description but I kinda ran with this one the six masks are just some of many different costumes he would wear. alright hope you all like it!

See more of my work here artwanted.com/artdw20000

here it is with a quick paint over in I didn't have much time to make all the changes but here it is you can use which ever one you think is better thanks for the advice Oblio.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice stuff so far...

Blog
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    *Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, tomorrow pic, if I finish...

MMM

Goblin Hunter. With a third bionic eye to see in the dark. Lost part of his arms, the reaper is for quick kills
    and the mechanic harpoon in his back, connected direct to thier spina is used like another arm for long range targets.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I've been sketching all week, but this is closest I've gotten to a final design for the character.

WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well... my first CHOW and my first try at an ortho...

hmmm... it semed to start OK...

Known officially as 'Sweepers', but commonly known among miners as 'Canaries'. Sweepers were created to perform initial recces of potential mines. These recces would involve the systematic culling of any goblin setlement found. Sweepers are criminals... kept under control by a mixture of various narcotics being pumped around their suit. Single minded, emotionless and brutal, and slightly high.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Guess I changed my mind about not posting WIPs:

I'd love your input on which one to finish. Any of these Goblin Hunters look cool to you? I know profile view doesn't answer all of the questions, but just take the one you like the most and imagine that the arms are the coolest thing you've ever seen. I'm going to start working on one of these tomorrow morning, so this Chuck poll won't last long - it's intended for those of you who don't sleep.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following

The crossbow goblin is known for his explosive temper and black humor...

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3 eye masked mechano goblin hunter

None hear him approach, none survive to tell the tale. Only the decapitated corpses are left to proove the Hunter exhists at all!

Always strive for perfection. You will never achieve it, but will learn so much more in the striving.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

my ortho

there u go, this is my first participation ever in conceptart. i hope u enjoy it
    Thanks

Goya
    http://www.goyatoons.com.mx > MY ART & SKETCHBOOK
    http://www.goyatoons.deviantart.com > MORE RECENTLY ART

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chuck Wadey, Dominus an Abangdigit got my vote, best orthos imo.

Although Dominus frontal and back pose would have been easier to model if the char was more in the T-pose. But the colored versions go a long way to explain the texturing style to the 3d artist, and that kinda missed in the other two entries. Great job, shame I didnt have time to finish mine. Wouldnt have stood a change though. Ill be doing the next ortho anyway. Still think it's a great idea.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Chuck for a great ortho and cool character.
    Also sent a vote Hurri's way as his character is my favourite - he's got some keen prop design goin on and it's a superior rendering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1