Thread: Question.

Thanks

Question.

Hello,

I have a bit of an artist inquiry here, and I figured this would be an ideal place to pose such a thing (if you could imagine).

Basically, I'm wondering what happened to a certain Shawn Ye Zhongyi ( http://www.shawnye.com/Main.html ), who I know used to post here a while back. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet a couple years back, and I'm very curious as to where he when off too, and what his current artistic endeavors may.

This really matters to me because he was kinda my soul inspiration and driving force when I first started draw a few years back. The half-dozen pictures I had from the guy kinda set the bar for me in what I wanted to achieve as an artist. Now the bar is much higher, but I still idolize him to some degree, and it'd mean a lot to me to know what happened to the guy.

I also heard rumor that he may have given up drawing and making artwork, because he felt he couldn't cut it as an artist. Admittedly, this fact would leave me a bit distraught, but a little closure would be a welcome feeling too. I believe I owe a great deal to him, and regardless of what I might find out from posting here, I'm certainly not going to stop drawing, and I will continue to push myself.

Thank you for your time.

-Bryan

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    He´s working on a CCG from Tenacious games called "The Spoils".

http://www.thespoils.com

Don´t worry. .

Thanks
    Alrighty, thanks a lot man. That certainly answers a large part of my question.

I guess the only other thing I'm kinda curious about is does he have a up-to-date gallery where I can view some of his more recent artwork. I'd like to be able to follow his artwork again, because as much as I've been improving over the years, I'm sure he has been too.

Again, thank you very much.

Thanks
    Don´t know about that man, you might have to wait a little longer for 2 probable reasons:

1- The Spoils is not out yet.( Non-disclosure aggrement)
    2- The artwork is a "collective product" , kinda like an assembly line, so he won´t be able to present his artwork as entirely "his".

Thanks
    Again, thank you all, this has been very informative for me, and I'm relieved to hear that he (for one) hasn't given up on his aspirations, like I feared, and (two,) has made it professionally.

I hope this isn't too much to ask, but if you guys ever happen to get any other information relevant to the guy, I'd be enamored to hear it.

Take it easy now.

-Bryan