New to the Forums? Need Help? All Information Here. - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first image you attach to the first post in your thread will become the thumbnail. The attachment feature is the button that looks like a paperclip.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question ... this might be a no-brainer ...

ryukin here, got a couple of quick noob questions that I've been wondering about...

1. What's the difference between a friend and a contact?
    2. What's the difference between a gallery and a sketchbook?
    3. What's the difference between a sketchbook and an album or are they the same things?
    4. What's a social group?

Oh, another question I had concerning posting images...
    I've read on one thread to go through a image hosting website and get a link but in another thread I've read that you could upload images through conceptart's server? Which is the correct method?

These questions might be really dumb or obvious but I'm totally new to this forum and forums in general.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ryukin; December 11th, 2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I thought up another question!
    ... living in a fishbowl ...

Sketchbook
    a goldfish's memory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, let's see...
    1. Not sure. I think friends show up listed on your profile page.
    2. Galleries are a place to show your images. Click on the word "Gallery" at the very top under the top banner. Some of the gallery features seem to be buggy right now....the website is being redone at the moment.
    Sketchbooks are threads created in the sketchbook subforum. They are threads where people post their work over time and people can leave comments.
    3. Albums are created in the User CP and show up on your profile. I don't think many people use them.
    4. Social groups are created around common interests/locations. There are a place for people to chat/share info about particular topics. The groups you belong to show up on your profile. Not sure how many people are using these. Also can be found in User CP.

Upload your images to the site using the attachment feature. When you create your post, there will be a button that looks like a paperclip. Click it and you will get an upload window.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Could someone help me? I find this site a little intimidating and really hard to understand. Sketchbooks, albums, galleries, porfolios, whats the differences between any of these? They all seem for the same thing. I really need some clarification and would really appreciate it having it explained rather than just pointing me to a link. ive asked for help on this before and got very little help or even concern taht I understood anything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sketchbook (Forum Section)--keep a long-running thread with your sketches, whatever else you're working on and people comment over time.
    Albums--(in User Profile) part of the vBulletin software. Don't think people really use this much.
    Portfolio/Art Registry (Forum Section)--this is in response to potential changes in the U.S. copyright laws (Orphan Words Act, which ended up being killed). Makes artists and their artwork easy to find so people don't use artwork without permission by saying they looked for the artist but couldn't find him/her.
    Galleries-(Small thumbnails at the top of the forum. Also click on the word "Gallery" right above the thumbnails) custom built gallery feature. Has some issues and bugs that need to be fixed, but still works for the most part.

Three of these are covered in the post right above yours--I don't know if you noticed that.
    Emily

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by emily g View Post
    Sketchbook (Forum Section)--keep a long-running thread with your sketches, whatever else you're working on and people comment over time.
    Albums--(in User Profile) part of the vBulletin software. Don't think people really use this much.
    Portfolio/Art Registry (Forum Section)--this is in response to potential changes in the U.S. copyright laws (Orphan Words Act, which ended up being killed). Makes artists and their artwork easy to find so people don't use artwork without permission by saying they looked for the artist but couldn't find him/her.
    Galleries-(Small thumbnails at the top of the forum. Also click on the word "Gallery" right above the thumbnails) custom built gallery feature. Has some issues and bugs that need to be fixed, but still works for the most part.

Three of these are covered in the post right above yours--I don't know if you noticed that.
    Emily
    Thanks for explaining, that cleared things up. No, I didn't notice that. Sorry. ^_^0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello

I am very new here and I have a rather stupid question, I guess.
    I can't seem to find the rules about what can and cannot be posted.
    Like adult art or things like that?
    okay, adult themed art seems to be okay, that much I've gathered. But i guess things like adult art involving children is out of the question, or gore/guro art....
    Could someone point me in the right direction so I know where to look?

many thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey everyone,
    I am learning to color on a pc tablet (digitally) so i was wondering if there are any good online tutorial out there?
    Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

"The sound of eight hooves reaches his ears
    Comes from the heavenly light
    Two wolves' howls fill his heart with fear
    And he sees two ravens fly
    Down from the sky a warlord rides
    Like fire his one eye glows
    And just before the preacher dies
    He knows his god is false..."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Thx for the info! I'm new here (only sight-seeing before), so I want to ask few (stupid) questions also...

1. Are we allowed to create sketchbook thread with so little amout of post? (Because some forum I joined before, forbidden their members to create a thread until we reach certain amount of post)

2. What are the max resolution for image attachment?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, you have to make a few posts before you can start a thread, but it is a very low number. It is just a way to keep out spam.

These are the image restrictions for jpegs:
    size 5.25 MB height 65535 width 65535

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you want that people can see when you are online on Skype via the forum, add your Skype username through your CP, and then setup this in Skype:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finally a ray of hope,{ and contact !!!! oh my god!!!!!}. I have clicked on the "contact us button" and sent lots of emails asking, and pleading for answers to many of these questions. NO ONE seems to be driving that bus. This just adds to peoples frustration. I have sent mails to the admin. many times with no reply,,,, so my question is... Just how do we contact you guys?, { If the contact us button is unmaned, and it certainly seems to be the case.} There must be a secret door somewhere. { Why have a button that says " Contact Us," if it doesn't work?} It's like a door bell that doesn't ring.{ Terribly frustrating!}
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely "love" this site, but when you cannot get answers to your questions it tends to frazzle one to the point of ripping out ones hair,{ a habit I can ill afford}. Could there not be a easy way we could get help? Wouldn't that be a good thing?
    Thank god " Tea Monster" came to my aid and helped me, but I don't think it should be that hard to contact you guys. Please, please, please, inform me {"us"}of the correct protocols and procedures to contact you guys if we do need some help or have problems.
    I hope I don't sound angry, because I am not. And as I said, I love this site, I am just furstrated by the Nonis-Answerious syndrome.
    Please help me save the last few surviving strands of hair I have left!!! LOL

Yours truly,
    Mah ' Crub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you have a question, you can create a thread in the Support section. You will usually get replies much faster that way.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Moved to the employment section.

Last edited by ataxas; October 24th, 2010 at 02:21 AM. Reason: moved
    sketchbook

I want to be a writer when I grow up.

My first book is going on sale in 2011!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you remove an attachment from a post, is that image forever deleted from CA? If the answer's yes then I'm going to be sad.

Edit: (The answer was yes and I was sad.)

Last edited by manlybrian; March 14th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can I suggest/ask something? (Don't feel like opening a thread for it, LOL)
    Can we get a 'View only Pictures' option/button?
    It would be very handy when you look through a Sketchbook with 100 pages, and only every 5-6 pages some art pops up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can try fooling around with the Display Modes. It should be there at the top right hand corner of the thread (next to the star ratings).

Hybrid Mode and Threaded Mode will both give you a shortened list of all the posts in the thread. Then all you have to do is scroll through and click a post with a paperclip next to it. The paperclip means there is an attachment in that post.

Of course, that is only useful if the person used the attachment feature. If they didn't, you can still scroll through and click on the posts made by the sketchbook owner, which are likely to have images.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am able to upload pics to my gallery, but bio information refuses to save. Help?

Please Sir, I'd like some more.

www.rogersewardart.com

Facebook

Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there a section where I can post upcoming art events?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Would it be possible to add "showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=#threadnumber#" to the FAQ? I was trying to find a way to link to the last post in my sketchbook for a while before finally giving up thinking there wasn't any way to do that in a link and not being able to find it asked or answered anywhere on the site, but I just realized it could be done like this and I think a lot of people would find it pretty useful, as many already try to continually update their sketchbook link with newer pages. Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

"Could not save information! Please try again ..."

Hello! I'm new to the forum and have a dumb question. I can not create my gallery for my bio is not saved and appears the error message "Could not save information! Please try again ..." However, I can add pics no problem. Thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey I'm just curious about this but what's up with the level1 gladiator etc, what's it all about and what condtions cause it to go up in level. seems interesting so i'd like to know more about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Its just your post count.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, this is probably answered somewhere, but I've been up and down the forum and can't find any notice regarding CA Gallery (from v3.0).
    Is there one in 4.0 and if so, where?

Thx

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,375 Times in 3,596 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It's coming. Please be patient.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! I'm new here, but long time visitor, i read all the posts helping to solve not being able to put a thumbnail, and did everything i could imagine but... still nothing worked, i have the first post with the clip on one image but still no thumbnail...

Glad to be part of this! cheers!

(since there's quite of posts without thumbnail, would be cool having the C.A. Gods create some instinctive easy way for that action :] )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tell me about it. I'll have another go at the programmer. In the mean time these instructionsmay help - it's not ideal I'm afraid.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :] thank you !

The world is round again... you made my day... i was thinking that painting was hard sometimes... but no.. getting this thumbnail to work well that was tough ! Hope they find a easyer way :]

By the way, great skill you got. Gongrats Jules Pew.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Everyone. I'am new and I am getting crazy. Where is the "User Cp" in the new concept art page ?? I don't know where I have to change my profile (I wan't to change the avatar) or where are the private message that I receive.
    Thanks in advanceˇ

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi. To change your avatar, click on your name on the top banner and a drop down menu will appear. Further to the left is the speech bubbles - they're your pms.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast