Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,283 Times in 467 Posts

DSG 1137: Alien: VAGUELY CRAB-LIKE, IT FLOATS THROUGH AIR W/ INFLATING HEAD-BLADDER

[ You might try showing it in both the deflated ground-walking mode, as well as the inflated air-ballooning mode. ]

[ I expect great things from you. ]

Alien: VAGUELY CRAB-LIKE, IT FLOATS THROUGH AIR W/ INFLATING HEAD-BLADDER

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Juummm....another Crab-like alien??Not my best subject,so I think I´m gonna take holidays!

Thanks
    Hmmmm......... I am going to do a non-stop on this one.

Thanks
    Well, shoot... I thought conceptart is hosting images now. Guess not.

PhoenixFeather and I are doing 1 hour sketch sessions now and made today's DSG the subject. This was inspired by a scientific vechicle called the Crab that surveys the near shore seabed.

DSG 1137: Alien: VAGUELY CRAB-LIKE, IT FLOATS THROUGH AIR W/ INFLATING HEAD-BLADDER

Thanks
    Came out looking like some kind of alien flea

Thanks
    Pfah, a rather specific one again, I like the vague and short topiced ones more. I'll do just a simple pencil sketch then, ignoring a few parts of the topic.

Phoenix Feather-That's because you gave it 6 legs, fur, no pincers, pointy mandibles. That's indeed closer to a flea then to a crab. Love the gas bladders though.

CENOBITE-Looks menacing, nice smooth and kind of transparent surface on the bladder., love the touch of the little eyes, but what's that big black dot? Some sort of massive nuclei?

Thanks
    Very nice so far! I can't wait to give this a try!

-Andrew

Thanks

Bubble Crab

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    the aer aequoreus pinophylax is of the decapod crustaceans group that started to their own branch 60 thousand years ago, and is commonly called the Tukan Air Crab; like all Air Crabs it has tree very expandable organs hidden under the shell that it can blow up with very hot air and thus lift like balloons into the sky. What sets apart the Tukan Air Crab from their other flying cousins is their evolved legs. Their flat very agile legs work like fins and besides being excellent swimmers they use them to paddle in the air, and control their air dives. Where their cousins and ancestors flew to travel and spread their eggs through the air, the Tukan Air Crab can also use their legs to dive for food, mostly fish and sea birds, but the rare rabbit & rat have been found during autopsy; but also for their mating ritual, where the males will do advanced air acrobatics to win his spouse.
    PS CS2
    I'll post my comments later.

Last edited by dan liimatta; October 16th, 2006 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Giraffe
    CENOBITE-Looks menacing, nice smooth and kind of transparent surface on the bladder., love the touch of the little eyes, but what's that big black dot? Some sort of massive nuclei?
    Thanks, yah... the darker spot is more of a thick part of the gas bladder that isn't flexible like the rest. I guess it also reminded me of a nuclei so I left it.

Thanks

When I was young, I could do all-nighters in my sleep.

The rocks look shite oh well. Very nice atmospheric pic CENOBITE. dan liimatta and goran great pics as well.

Looking at my pic now just as i uploaded it i think some distant rocks in the background would look nice.

Thanks

CENOBITE: Love the pastel colours and the spindly legs skimming the water.

Phoenix Feather: Nice to see you illustrating both stages. The hairy legs look cool.

burrito: Nice design - particularly the head and trunk thing extending donw and under.

dan liimatta: Very nice. The swarms in the distance is a cool idea and the clouds look great.

goran: Lovin' thins. Great design and detail. The purple underbelly lighting works great with the green.

Mitze: Love the membrain look and the sea.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1