Thanks

Earthquakes Rock!!

We just had a nice 6.3 earthqauke south of us by the Big Island. Me and my family were sleeping, and it woke us up. My bed was shaking, and everything in the house was rattling. It lasted for about 30 seconds, but surprisingly nothing fell over. Scared the heck outta my kids though. My son was scared a crack was going to open and we would all fall in.There was a short aftershock a few minutes later, but I didn't get back outta bed for that one.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jfwalls
    My son was scared a crack was going to open and we would all fall in.
    That's how I found myself in Kingsville, Texas one day (after a mild California shaker).

Glad everyone's OK. I here there's a lot of power out.

Thanks
    I've always wondered what earthquakes are like. Condolences to anyone hurt, I hope you, Mullins, and anyone else (specifically CA members) are alright.

Thanks
    quakes don't rock. in my city we felt two minor ones, each lasting about 4 seconds, today in the morning. luckily they weren't stronger or longer.
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Oaksford
    I've always wondered what earthquakes are like.
    It's something exciting and terrorizing at the same time: you have the floor that "pulses" under your feet and everything shakes and ondulates...pld:
    and if you live on a palace, the more higher your apartment is the the more you'll feel the effect.

once you've tried it, you won't be able to forget it
    The greatest pictorial value lies in all the things the camera cannot do.

my animavatar

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jfwalls
    We just had a nice 6.3 earthqauke south of us by the Big Island. Me and my family were sleeping, and it woke us up. My bed was shaking, and everything in the house was rattling. It lasted for about 30 seconds, but surprisingly nothing fell over. Scared the heck outta my kids though. My son was scared a crack was going to open and we would all fall in.There was a short aftershock a few minutes later, but I didn't get back outta bed for that one.
    jf I'm glad to hear you and your family are OK. This is weird because I didn't hear about it til 8PM Eastern Time and me and my girlfriend's parents were talking about vacationing in Hawaii like an hour before we heard the news. Again, I'm glad you're ok and no one got hurt.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    It's something exciting and terrorizing at the same time: you have the floor that "pulses" under your feet and everything shakes and ondulates...pld:
    and if you live on a palace, the more higher your apartment is the the more you'll feel the effect.

once you've tried it, you won't be able to forget it
    I agree with you Azza. We had those in Puerto Rico and When I felt the first one I was like 14. I was screaming like a girl lol. Then like 10 yrs ago we had a 5.0 one at 11 pm. It's a feeling you won't forget

Thanks
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. I don't think anyone was injured on any of the islands. Just some minor property damage, and some cracked roads. It's funny, I was watching the news, and they made it seem a lot worse. I suppose that's normal though.

Thanks
    yeah, they always do. It's like the weather channel on hurricane season. I can see their hardons everytime the winds go 160 mph.

Thanks
    We had a tiny one in england once..of all places. I woke up and thought a ghost was attacking me, then I figured the whole room was rocking so I just went back to sleep.
    Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form, Form.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    i had a dream that we had a big earthquake in sf. Massive blacks studio is located directely over the fault line.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 755 Posts
    There was very tiny earthquake where I live few years ago. Something VERY unusual in Poland. I took a nap and for a moment I felt that the bed is "pulsing". Strange feeling.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    *sends hugs to everyone on Oahu*

I used to live out there. Strange to think of the whole place shaking. Why Oahu, I wonder? It's neither volcanically active nor near a fault line. Anyway, I hope everyone hailing from Hawaii is okay!
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    The two things closest to an earthquake I've ever experienced was a hefty shudder in '93 I think - our dinig room ceiling fell in - and old Ms Louw walking up and down the classroom.

Glad to hear you're ok jfw, sympathy to anyone hurt of course.

- d.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedling
    *sends hugs to everyone on Oahu*

I used to live out there. Strange to think of the whole place shaking. Why Oahu, I wonder? It's neither volcanically active nor near a fault line. Anyway, I hope everyone hailing from Hawaii is okay!
    The epicenter was on the Big Island, but it was big enough that Oahu felt it. I think the power outages were also due to the fact we've had a lot of rain in the past couple of days.