Need information on Canadian programs

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Need information on Canadian programs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Need information on Canadian programs

Sorry if you've already seen this topic at AWN.

Ahoy all, newbie here.

I just graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Marketing. Okay, stop looking at me like I'm one of The People Who Killed Traditional Animation.

Prior to that, I was actually gearing up to go into animation and got accepted into the program Algonquin College in Ottawa. However, I bowed down to Chinese familial pressures and never followed through with it. Now that I'm out of school, I'm finding my current line of work (I'm a market research analyst) unfulfilling and am thinking about re-applying for animation.

Can anybody tell me about the programs at Capilano College in Vancouver and Seneca College in Toronto? Both seem affordable and to have a good reputation.

Also, what kind of things do the schools look for in the figure drawings? At Algonquin, it seemed that they really focused on proportions for the entry portfolios, but I saw an evaluation sheet from Sheridan's program where proportion, line quality, character balance, volume and sense of motion were all given equal consideration.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm the director of Max the Mutt Animation School in Toronto. I think if you check out our web site, the quality of the student work, the endorsements from animation companies, and grads, and the depth of our curriculum will tell the story. We really are a very unusual school. Its a tough,intimate, and very professional program.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Does max the mutt has intakes other than fall? And how about international studetns at max the mutt?

I like the curriculum at mtm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the long delay - we've been very busy and I haven' been on the website for a long time! Yes, we have international students. Our academic year runs like university from Septembeer to May. We're accepting applications NOW! You can contact Van Olson at admissions@maxthemutt.com if you have other questions.

Members who have read this thread: 1