Sketchbook: Book 5 - 10-09-07 - Page 15
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Book 5 - 10-09-07

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hurray for Mr. Fellah! I enjoy your art so much, but even more so the conversations you have with Sveta! Wow, so moving and exciting to read. It is almost like I am reading a book between two amazing artists. Wait, I am reading a book on two amazing artists. Ha! Though, nothing can compare to your doodles and paintings. Lovely!

I hope you are well and that you have gotten rid of that smoking habit. My brother took up smoking last year and I know it will be with him for many years to come if he doesn't stop now.

Be well and work on that house! I am sure you are an amazing carpenter. Cheers!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellah.
    Always enjoy to read your thoughts, but you know this even though you pretend not to, hehe.
    I don't know anything... self-righteous, overly confident in themselves people are like lice to me. I think it's sort of psychological defect, undeveloped brains... I don't despise those people I just think they are pitiful. So... hope I will never become one... The danger always exists.
    When someone says something that nice to me like your kind words, I believe it but I believe that it is true only in the moment the person said it and maybe it stands to the end of the day... but a new day brings new thoughts, everything is subject to change. so... when you feel like saying something nice, say it . I will believe in it to the end of the day.

I didn't know some things you said about Picasso, that he painted three paintings a day in his depressive time in Paris.. Yeah, that's a true artist, he escapes in art and when he is happy he runs to his art... His wives came and went away but his art was always with him. I can see it as an attractive quality, freedom form outside world. I wanted to see those paintings to kill for which you mentioned, immediately when I read it... No chance you will say me what the images you wrote about?
    I think I know why you felt his youth in those paintings... the figures of people, sad Pierrot and family of gymnasts and lovers are so thin, skin and bones, very youthful figures, almost ethereal. Very fragile...
    I don't want you to be a poor artist in Paris, I want you to have your own house with a free growing and overgrowing wild garden with many different aromas from grasses and trees and with many shapes and forms which will bring to you a new inspiration and new images to your impressionable mind... I want peace in your heart so all your loved ones were with you and healthy and happy and so you can dream about unusual things and people which only you can see.
    And I want you to feel lighthearted and care free so you never have to hide and feel dark in your heart again... because your nature is trusting and sweet, all these darkness is induced, not yours, it is a defense mechanism... I wonder what kind of images you would draw when you are really really happy. And I want you to do what you love and your family with you, bringing you a warm dinner which looks like celebration and candles in beautiful candelabra to your room to create a needed mood for new images not from our planet.
    You see, I respect you very much, I want people to recognize your unique talent, treat you like a master which you are born to be. It is absolutely not random that your earlier paintings were beautiful and loved by people in your country without you knowing bases... you have an intuition, a rare gift.
    Your country is spoiled with a good quality art. I saw galleries from Denmark, I saw sculptures from there, art there stands several levels higher than art in America, IMO. You had a serious competition.

OK, enough of that, I know you feel as uncomfortable as you can be right now. I didn't want you to feel uncomfortable...

Can you try to prepare an image for Spectrum for its next competition? I was sad not seeing your name there...although I don't know if it is really what you need... I see what people do after their name got a recognition, what kind of work at what kind of level... Very rushed, confused, scattered, not their best... Not always of course, but still. It makes me feel so strange. What is it? a final dreams come true or the worst thing which can happen to a talent? You're probably laughing at me, I deserved it, I analyze too much.

OK...
    New image is wonderful, not only because those pencils strokes, while going in a certain direction and then changing it and turning and going in another one, well, doing that they create a peaceful mood in me... not only because of that... I like the static and solemnity of this picture... I like the story how somewhere high in mountains, far away from human vanity on the biggest peak you can see a huge human head with beautiful features, calm and full of self esteem... it's ruling world fairly around him... He doesn't need to be cruel or preventive, people love him and obey him willingly. It is an ideal world up there, with noble people and their ruler who is better and wiser of them all.
    Very nice feeling of order and harmony and cleanness in this image... Makes me feel confident that everything is for reason and everything will be fine in the end.

Bye, Simon... hope everything is good in your wizardoim and little Fellah is running and enjoying his life.

Last edited by sve; April 3rd, 2007 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nothing new here. Same old awesomeness, lol . Just a suggestion: you might try grouping your values more. Sometimes your values get kind of spotty. Minor critique, don't really know if anyone would agree with that. *runs and hides* lol

Keep filling up the pages dude! I actually like some of your fast studies better than your more finished pieces! You got it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    <insert borat voice> very niiiiiice... high five...

Blah...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers, dudes - talk soon!

Little update...

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your character designs are so intricate, I doubt I'll ever have that much patience *sigh*

Love it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very beautiful... I can see you drawing this and trying your best to make him look like on a move, changing from leg to leg.. making him mobile despite the symmetry. You read this thread in lounge, didn't you? Interesting example. He still has the illusion of motion somehow, the same as it was in your Cow entry some time ago, a creature with burning fire in colors. But there illusion was when you drew one leg moving ahead of another... but here I wonder what makes me feel a motion in thh body of the creature, it is not stable. Maybe little asymmetry does that. Maybe the slight twist and turn of his torso and head are culprits.

You erased all fingerprints from the paper ,,, or maybe it was some flowers drawn there.
    No crits, perfect torso, very appealing and arms and hands without spooky bumps instead of muscles. Much better this way in my eyes. I like male torsos an arms

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That little update is fantastical. My comment won't be as long as Svetas, but I sure do appreciate your art. Thanks for sharing, mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fellah, you're allways inspiring, I have nothing to complain...I only want more and more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hell yeah man, thats a cool concept!

nice lines as usual in the last updates...i just LOVE that hatching...

keep sharing Fellah!

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My god, this have to be one of my favorite SB's here! Great great pencils!

I don't have time to see everything but I'll sure gonna check out the first pages too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last creature is lovely. Can't get enough of looking a it.

Sketchbook
    Sketch(up)book
    Blog
    Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------------
    TEAM CHOW - Nasty Sausages
    ------------------------------------------------------
    CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
    The Ocean Collective

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You really know how to draw! I'll add five stars to the pool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow .. thats beautifull man, full rendered its always great so see specialy from u. can get enough of your stuff keep sharing plz

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Killer updates man, that last one would probably give freddie kruger nightmares

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 556 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That last update is really nice. If i were to crit anything, he could maybe use a shadow beneath him to ground him a little, and his face is a little hard to make out but that could just be differences in our monitor calibration/contrast. Either way, it's a freakin awesome piece, keep it up.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Check out my Sketchbook! Critique and Criticism welcomed.

or my Deviantart!

· or check out my: Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    MattGamer - Haha, thanks, matt! Always glad to see you drop by! I think sve is the exciting one and I'm the simpleton Its still damned hard fighting the smokes, but ill get there someday!! Hehe, i enjoy working on the house and i learn as i go along. Cheers, mate!
    sve - "but a new day brings new thoughts, everything is subject to change" - over the years i have come to learn that is the beauty of life. Funny thing about the figures old P painted back then is the are the opposite of how he looked. He was kinda short, tight and dark. Oh, I'm happy where i am for now (when i get older i want to move to a warm country though - (i hate winter and cold). I well try and send some in for Spectrum but i'm already doing rushed illustration work, hehe. Thanks for all the nice words and making me feel uncomfortable in a very nice way. Yeah, we have some art here indeed. Glad you like the new drawings too. All is well here!
    SprayNation - Cheers, mate and thanks for the good crit! I agree - its because I'm so sloppy, hehe. I like the fast stuff more too and its more fun.
    Chrisbro - thanks, man!
    drd - thanks, dude - i don't have it often either, hehe.
    Zarquino - thanks a lot, mate - glad to hear it!! More coming!
    TheGnoll - Glad you like it and the hatching! Hatching is fun, hehe. Go hatch!
    Epias - Thanks for the nice words, mate. Hope the other pages will not be a disappointment, hehe.
    thirdeye - Glad to hear that, man! Thanks!
    VilleK - thanks a lot, man! You have one of my favorite sketchbooks here, great stuff!
    Call0ps - Thanks, mate!! I will try and render more, but im a lazy head, hehe. Cheers!
    Warground Zer0 - thanks, man - haha, Freddie is cool though!!
    ArtZealot - thanks, man. Good crit - i skip the shadow too often! The head is a tad hard to read too i agree. Cheers.

And the doodles...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think the lobster man is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Hats off :]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that doggy is damn scary the tails looks weird... anyway great lines, the characters looks aswome, its nice to see normal humans .. keep coming

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Always glad I stop by.

I tried for about 5 minutes to think of some words but I only have two that are coming to me so I will leave it at that.. holy shit. I want to own a simon fellah book =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your lines, so much volume and fluid-ness!
    You ROCK!!! thanks for the inspiration! Some stars!

- DTRAN

SketchBook
    Site

Originally from Ecuador studying in Seattle
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    waaawaaweeewaaaa..
    holy crap man, thats some crazy designs! i love!
    cant really critique much, just keep workin' on it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that is a bloody creepy dog, but hell, its an animal anyway, so kudos for trying different subjects!

doodles are SHWEET as usual Simon...and 'bout the hatching, itryed to do what you told me...check it out!

waitin' for the next update...keep sharing!

ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent! I like this spider guy, well rendered, but his face bugs me somehow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    last update rox dude ! the 2 guys lookin at each other v cute hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please stop calling yourself a simpleton, you are not. This thought will never visit simpleton's head and he will never write it... I enjoy your replies. Even if you suffer from translation and really, you should be relaxed talking to me, I'm a foreigner too and I know that communication with people from another culture with different language is very cool thing, it enriches tremendously and helps to look at things calmly. What is sacred in my country is nonsense in another, so it is good to realize that. Well even if you feel that the communication is lacking a lot after translation... I can obtain many things from image too. I personally don't feel any barricades from language or sentence construction when talking to you, I feel barricades from you.

<<<<"but a new day brings new thoughts, everything is subject to change" - over the years i have come to learn that is the beauty of life.>>>>>

Beauty and sadness and natural medicine too, isn't it? Some things it doesn't heal, the desire to always hold some things in my hands is bigger.

I didn't know Picasso was stocky and didn't draw himself in the images of people in his Blue period.. To think about it, it's so strange... We always draw ourselves. we are egocentric... it takes self forgetfulness to not to see yourself in every face your draw. He wasn't self-sacrificing type.
    I didn't see photo of his when he was young, but I saw his self portrait, his face, narrow, with thin fragile triangle chin. Carrot like face. It was some restless expression on his face in this photo, shallow vanity was already there I think.. but it was no signs of future strong will or determination, more like a scattered feeling... He looked warmer back then, but less charismatic.
    here i found the SP.
    http://deokjin.ms.kr/jart/picasso/images/self1.jpg
    Who would have thought, eh?

He was compassionate in his art, I found some examples few days ago.
    I always loved one of his painting, I didn't know he work in periods, Blue, Rose, ceramics... when I had this little post card with this image... Two people, man and woman in poorly furnished room. It looked likea meeting aftera long separation. Man was huge and massive, woman weak and small... they were melting into one, desperately, they were entering into each other like into doors... It was painted very minimalistically.
    I was 18. The image shocked my imagination with its passion and pain and feeling of grief and fast approaching disaster... They were not attractive people, but I lived through their fear while looking at the card. Man hands were like hooks grasping into little woman.
    I remember being a bit unhappy about minimalistic language and in the same time I liked it for the strong message without any embellishments. I was so uneducated in the art language... still am, but looking at people who are now in the age of which I was back then, well they are much more open and understand much more than I understood. But back then art already was some sort of escape. although i didn't use it for this propose., I didn't need escape.. but I felt good, better when I looked at those cards.

How about you? what kind of person you were back then? Do you remember when art touched you strongly? Were you pretty much well adjusted guy and only later art started to enter through some little wounds from damaged shell?

I read in one my favorite book, that beautiful people don't think about soul. it doesn't interest them... they are well balanced...only when people have something not normal in their face... eyes are too shiny, or ears are too big, or mouth is crooked... well those people very often think a lot about spiritual side of life and it bothers them and makes them restless and it shows in their bothered face.
    Art is this interest too, I think. It is sort of disease of soul, don't you think?
    Some abnormality.
    In one of my favorite movie, ( it was just a lyrical comedy, actually, nothing big) the main character talks about how to make a good wine... and he said that you need to have soul of a gambler to make a good wine... you can't be cold. The character lost his inheritance right of his father vineyard over one night of poker... to his brother who was in better control of himself but didn't feel loveliness of good wine...
    It is probably just story.

OK... back to art...
    A dog... I felt great when I saw it. I wish I could grab it and smell its fur. It is raw, it looks like an animal, not a toy and it is funny too... front like of a wild predator, and behind like saloon's pet... heheh, funny. Beautiful too. looks a lot like alive fur, shiny and prickly.
    I like the last drawing too.. hehe, I had an aunt with face of this fish... that's funny too how many people resemble animals very often... and recently I started to feel like some people remind me people from my past... I don't like this stereotyping people, it makes life less exciting, but it does happen against my will.
    I'm sorry, Simon. I write a bit sad things lately, I don't know why, I feel better at day and at night I start to feel sad. Hope it doesn't transfer to you.
    be well, my good friend. I wish only good things for you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a lot, ladies and gents! Talk soon

Just for fun

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really sweet lines on the second sketch from yesterday and that dog is disturbing

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep posting, buddy, you are a source of my crazy jolly mood. You make me smile immediately. hehe, is it Danish coming from the open mouth of the Noodle creature? hahahahaha. so short. what a language! I'll say in Russian: "Ты прелесть!"
    Thanks for doo flower, I stole it and decided it is mine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just downloaded your thread.... awesome to study at home..

the pencil works are gorgeous...keep posting man. Awesome stuff!
    Can't crit anythng...

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.