Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Thanks

* Insert something original here *

hi,

my name is Bruno and I'm a 21-years-old brazilian architecture student and I'm currently living in Munich.

I've always been intersted in art, especially because my course require a lot of drawing for the projects (sometimes I do in 3dStudio, but I really like when I can get something done by hand).

I've attended to some art courses in Brazil but unfortunately I've never been too serious about it. Well, now it's my new fresh start so let's see what happen.

Before I put here some of my drawings, just let me show some of work that I did for my course (I don't know if I'm allowed to but I think it should be no problem.)

Attachment 132305
    My last project before coming to London. Several apartaments divided into 2 blocks. This one was done with pencil and water-color

Attachment 132306
    Another project for my course.

Attachment 132307
    Another.

Attachment 132310
    Some light studies I did.

Attachment 132309
    A model I did for a recent project.

Attachment 132308
    A model me and some friends did to a English school in Brazil.

Well, this is some eg of my work but if you want to see more, please feel free to visit my website at:
    http://www.brunopicinini.com

Now, let's update the first image of my recent stuff (the one I want to keep on and keep posting here):

Just a small head inspired in one sketchbook I saw here. All the notes are what I HAVE to study and that isn't the way I liked to be in the drawing.

* Unfortunately, the PC I'm using it's just rubbish! So, or I surf on the web, or I scan. So i'm justing starting this topic, than I will finish all the scans. Thank you.
    Last edited by brunopicinini; September 2nd, 2007 at 07:19 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    some update (d*** computer):

1. Some copy from some comics

2. Trying to get some heads right

3. Same again.

4. Some studies from loomis book.

5. Same as 4.

6. Same as 5 and 4 .

I'll update more soon.
    Please, give me all the critics possible and help me to improve.

What do you think it's wrong in the pictures and how I can improve them?
    In which way do you think I should improve? Life studies? Values study? pencil studies?
    What kind of studies do you think I should focus?

Please, be completely honest. that's the only way I can really improve. For me it's no problem to say to me something like 'What a piece of crap! ... Try doing this this and this and probably you will see improvement.' I think you got the idea hehe.

- best regards,
    Bruno.

Thanks
    Some more studies..

Sorry I don't anything really good and finished, but I'm trying to update everything I'm doing so it's easy to people to judge what I'm doing right or wrong and which way I should go.

Thank you,
    best regards.

Thanks
    I really like the skeletal aproach to the figures. How they are built off of the pelvis and the rib cage, cool stuff...

Please keep posting we need more quality work like this on concept art!

Thanks
    halifax: thank you for your kind comments! really appreciate that! definetly I will keep updating this sketchbook as much as possible. I was about to ask if you have some advice to me, but what I have realized it's just that I have only put really sketchy pages that don't really show in which way I can improve. In fact, it's a problem I have: instead of doing 1 or 2 paints and try to really get that ones working, I keep sketching scared of trying to 'finish' one piece.
    I have studied this structure with the loomis's books, but sometimes I forget to pay attention to that when I'm trying to get some pose right. Have to pay more attention to what I have learned hehe.

As soon as I get home I'll try to post some more pieces.

- best regards,
    Bruno.

Thanks
    1. Attempt with markers to draw my backyard
    - Already made some notes, but the main reason this picture didn't worked out the way I liked it is because I, instead of defining some major shapes to get the right tone, I was darwing small shapes one by one.

2. Life drawing
    - My teacher, unfortunately is not a REALLY REALLY life drawing like some here have, but even though can help in something.

3. Another life drawing

4. Trying to invent some kind of helmet inspired in a sketchbook I saw here.
    - Completly missed the values
    - Boring design.

5. Learning from the masters. Drawing on national galley in London: virgin on the Rocks, Da Vinci
    - Very good painting.

6. Again learning from the masters. Ah this time in National Portrait Gallery.
    - It looked better in oil :p

These are just my 2 cents, please comment as you like. Ever comment is appreciated and will definitly help me improve.
    Last edited by brunopicinini; October 18th, 2006 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks
    Hey me again! I'm impressed again. The left eye on that last picture is a head on approach to drawing the eye, instead of a three quarter view, actually neither eye is at the right angle. You should bring out some hard lights and place some serious darks, more conrast in general. I'm really likeings the gas mask thing, I want to see more art along that line. Good stuff.

Thanks
    halifax: thanks again for your comments!
    yeah, I realized that I'm need a LOT of improvement when it concerns about value (well, I need a lot of improvement in all aspects when it concerns ART hehe... well, pratice, practice and practice)
    yeah, i like that kind of drawing (the mask) ... afterall, the name of this forum is conceptart hehe ... but sometimes i'm really afraid of trying to create something from imagination cause i think im gonna screw up ... i need to use more reference and try to compose something instead of just trying to draw staright on from my mind

another page from my sketchbook ... trying to update every day ...l

-best regards

Thanks
    .. update ..

some crappy sketches ... was kind full at work this week so didn't have much time to draw, so it's more sketches ...

as i said bfr, i wanna do some more 'finished' drawings ... like i saw in some other sketchbook, it's better if you choose 1 or 2 pieces and make it to work than keep sketching all the time ...

I remember even seeing one guy in here who said that he didn't sketch at all, so everytime he draw he actually tried to the last to make his picture work ... i will not do the same, but i MUST START DOING MORE FINISHED DRAWINGS!! OR AT LEAST WITH A LITTLE BIT MORE RENDERING! (i find that a little bit exxagerated, but it worked for him)

well, heres the pictures and as usual, please feel free to comment and help me improve!

Thanks
    You've got some really good gesture drawings here. I Think I could learn something from how you're doing them - [ I must do better gestures] - are any of theones in the last post from life?

Thanks
    That's some pretty systematic learning. Good stuffs Post more.

Thanks
    Yes, most of my concepts are ideas that I broke down into seperate, identifieable subjects. Then I find the corresponding photos, for refference, and finally piece them together.Oh, but it only works like 46% of the time.

Come to my sketchbook Brunopicinini, you may like it. (It's updated psuedo-frequently)

Thanks
    term8or: thank you for the complimments! In fact, none of them are from life: some are from photo and others are just from imagination. The one in top left is from one picture, the other just in right of the first one is inspired in a website that I saw long time ago. The others I did from imagination (but u can actually see that, for eg, that 'superman' pose with the arm outstretched was definetly inspired in some place that i just dont recall it now hehe =D.

Jeri: thank you! really appreciate that! i will definetly keep updating

Halifax:thank you for your comments.. I will take a look in your sketchbook as soon as possible.

I'll put some more updates tonights as soon as I get home.

best regards
    "Dream is not what you see while sleeping ...
    It is the thing which does not let you sleep. "

Thanks
    Nice start to your Sketchbook, Bruno. Glad to see the Loomis studies..My main crit would be to really watch and focus on your proportions, get those right before you go on to rendering...

Keep at it, and keep posting up...
    Warrior Style

The first rule of Warrior Style is, You do not stop drawing.
    The second rule of Warrior Style is, You DO NOT stop drawing.

Thanks
    appaled: thank you for the comment! i will try that

just a small update of my Sb ...

1. bottom right guy if from the wood mannekin, woman at the top and guy on bottom center is from a magazine

2. some pose studies and a study of the lightning of one picture i saw in a book of michelangelo

3. wooden mannequin, the same arm as before but in a larger version, and that head i was trying to create some kind of character but didnt like at all the result

best regards
    Last edited by brunopicinini; October 26th, 2006 at 05:49 AM.
    "Dream is not what you see while sleeping ...
    It is the thing which does not let you sleep. "

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast