Sketchbook: thread closed - Page 7

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: thread closed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following
hey, wheres that emotion now...
*looking*

Ah, found it..

~Dile

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

• Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks dennis =)
    Here's the previous one i did... i want to post it again cause i spent a good amount of time on it... and i would like some crits or suggestions for it.
    and another i just did tonight...the top bust and the sheep head are refed.
    Good night !

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi

just wanted to say I like your stuff. really enjoy the look of your pencils. keep doing what your doing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like your pencil work...i think i'm gonna stop using ballpoint pens and do some pencil stuff.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW! great pencils as always...the only part to fix that i can see is the the arm of the girl on the bottom left of the first page, the elbow area seem off somehow...maybe not so square? but its just linework there so you probably would've fixed it anyway. keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dewd the bottom right body on the first page is rippin. Really nice dan.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    could it be there are portraits of you and your girfriend in the last few posts?

awesome! no crits bodies looking great. suggestion: the girls black hair on first pic , maybe some more black floating to the upper left corner of the pic, and finish the legs of that bodie going into the very under right corner.? - suggestion

keep me updated

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those pecil strokes, very disceplined. lol wish i could add more, but am very tired. Wanted to let you know that i saw and appreciate good thing like it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything you have drawn here is wonderful. How do you draw your pieces, do you use references ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    woah... those studies that you did last year did help you.... alot...? ^_^; It's been a while since I've been to your sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No crits, just admiration for the rendering esp. in post 182, 1st drawing the foreground figure. The rendering on her behind as the mass of dark comes up from the upper leg is poetic. Such a nice flow in the direction of strokes you chose.

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well FINE then Daniel!
    GO AHEAD and don't SUCK

*furiously runs away in jealousy and goes into hiding under the table*

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now, now Brendan, we can't all come up with incredible flying critters integrated over canyons..........

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey I like your stuff a lot so keep chugging.

Crit for your non-reffed torso thing would be of the hand, particularly in his right hand. The fingers length is all very similar and this makes it look like a square set of fingers with a thumb attached. Thumb could use some loving too.

For the other post I would say continue as you are, finish the girl on the right, spend time getting the eyes on the left up to par with the rest and it will look a lot more consistent.

Hope that helps. Better thann 30 asspats anyway. Ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely pencils!!! just lovely ... thank you for the inspiration!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, i'm going to do my darndest to crit these...

on the first one...ummmmmm!...... the head on the left, the eyes dont quite match, like her right eye is looking up... also remember that the bottom eye lid doesn't actuality close and it only really moves from the movement in the cheek and stuff when the face tenses up....well it think

with the top head...damn thats hard to fault ummm, her eyebrows seem to be a slightly different thicknesses, also i would think that the hair from her fringe would clump more? like in the drawing there are a few clumps of hair but a lot of it, each strand are individually distanced... but if your going from a photo then you probably have it right, and that does tend to happen with some peoples hair (mainly asian people i think)

with the bottom right body, it seems for a woman of that figure, she isn't all that curvy??? the mid-torso has a bulge in it and it almost seems like its thicker there than her shoulders. also, the shadow from her arm should follow the curve of her body (its a cylinder remember). her breast doesn't quite fit in with the perspective, it looks like its sticking out the side too much...

onto the second page. i gather you are trying to make the top figure look like shes being thrown back or something right? well that looks good, except you may have gone a little far with her breasts, its looks like they are pulled by invisible suction cups or something but i really like the pose and you really do get the sense she is falling back.

the rest id probably too early to crit, but i'm looking forward to seeing how the sheep head turns out (are you sure its not a goat... doesn't it have horns?)

anyway, take this all with a grain of salt, i've REALLY had to nit pick to try find any fault in your drawing, and i don't even know if what i pointed out is a fault but yeah, hopefully this helps

- book -
    - blog -
    - my etsy -
    - TomMonster.com -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man.... exquisite pencil work you got there, dude.
    Excellent.

keep posting!

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.
    -Bill Hicks

Sketchbook Old SketchBook Portfolio GorillaArtFare

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AztcFireFlower
    Now, now Brendan, we can't all come up with incredible flying critters integrated over canyons..........
    You mean just like we can't all draw the figure convincingly from imagination? lol
    thanks!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the chicken has laid itself.
    you win the world.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    santaclaus: hey ! thanks, i'll try
    FactorZero: Merci ! But hey!! Do whatever you want.. if i choose pencil it's because of it's flexbility, large range of values and his forgiveness.
    PaperX: thanks for the advice... yeah it's a bit too angular... but while rendering it i would've fixe it. Thanks !!
    Jake: Salut !! thanks for the comment my friend
    Goblin (alex?): thanks for the suggestion bro.. but i don't think i'll touch that page again... i got what i wanted from it =)... but i'll keep in mind the approaches you suggested. Thanks !!..and no the kiss pic is for a friend of mine
    Cold: thanks
    Jesart: hey ! thanks for the comment. Actually yes most of it is refed...I still don't understand poses and expression enough to play around with them. Still have a long way to go.. And YES i'm in high school =)...I repeted once though...because of art and all the negligence i had towards school. But i'm catching up now.
    Sillyling: Bonjour! Long time no see =)...Yeah, i learned and kept in mind what i learned... but i feel like relearning everything again but with Hogarth this time... gotta go check out your sb !
    Aztcfireflower: thank you for the nice comment ! Actually my brother often bugs me when he sees me twisting my sketchbook to get the correct hatching direction. I think i should learn to handle more flexibely (?) my pencil. Thanks for dropping by !
    Brendan: haha I'll come up with something ugly don't worry...it's just a matter of time .. btw..we should try again to oc together.. i'm on vacation so i have all my time.
    Aztcfireflower: hihi
    Aph: thank you sir! The first lines are often badly neglicted. I'll be more careful from now on. Thanks again
    Kliment: thanks! You're doing some nice stuff in you sb too... i should check it out more often
    Kronos: Well...
    Thanks alot for taking your time to help me out. I agree with all your points except one of them: The breasts of the girl on top of this page... =) Cause actually the girl is actually lying on somekindof couch (it's refed).. so they point downwards since i rotated it they look like being sucked to the left
    Thanks alot for this crit. Don't hesitate to give more as you see errors! ..oh and you're right, it's a goat
    Chuck,mate: hehe chuck,mate in my sketchbook! Thanks alot for the encouragement. Dig what you're doing
    Brendan: lol.. actually it's not really from imagination... :>
    Kaoki: thanks =)

So, the show at school was cool... there was something like 30 or 40 people looking at me drawing and listening to music. It lasted an hour, did a few quik sketches on a3 paper.. i have nothing scanned from it though... i'll try when i can.
    For today... just a weak update.. Sorry i haven't got anything else to show, but at least you can be sure i'm drawing at least everyday.
    The girl and the goat are refed..everything else's from my weird head.
    I'm on vacation, so i should have more time on my hands now.
    Bonne nuit and thanks alot everyone for the awesome support. i'll keep this baby updated as much as i can

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, you just keep on amazing me. Kick ass beautiful rendering.
    Wanna see some colors though!

keep it up, bud!
    tiger

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Scheeez, your progress on the piece is fast...........
    Puts me to shame over my 2 year projects stretching to 3....that are lying around.

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tiger: thanks bro, keep the pencils coming too!!
    Aztcfireflower: lol get to work then, i'm sure you'll do some great work at a faster rate than me =)

Just some doodling. Been taking some rest for the major part of the day. Catching up all the early mornings by taking some naps and googling for color tuts.
    Started this one from a photo just for the pose, then started going solo on the rendering.
    More colors to come now that i can sit all day on the long forgotten tablet =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :p I like the sketch better then the 2nd one. The shadows are alittle akward on this too compared to the other drawings/paintings... I ,also, think the shape of her hair is a wee bit funky for my liking. What if she used some super-hair gel to keep her up into place? x_x;

Anyways, Keep on updating !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my goodness! Fantastic form and lighting.
    Values are improving as well.
    On the digital, you may be wise to start with a base colour. Just use the fill bucket with a low grey.
    I find doing self portraits from the mirror are great practice digitally, because your learning about colour a lot more "hands on' rather than normal studies.

My other advice is to work from much bigger brushes, and expermient with as many brushes as you can lay your hands on.
    Min, aka, bumskee has some great brushes to share, if you havent already.

I was looking through your old sb the other day, at the early pages and youve come a long way. Portraits, figures and rendering are superb, and its a please to view your sketchbook pages
    Keep posting, 5 star stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh man I can't wait for more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rapidly becoming one of the top sketchbooks here. Your progress has been tremendous. 5 Stars.

Deselect
    עקיבא
    http://sixthirteendesign.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very good Daniel! Anxious to see more colour from you man, esp digital. As for colour tuts - I think fredflickstone posted one in the fine arts section a while ago. May want to check it out...

nice studies man, this sketchbook is really shaping up awesomely man. grats grats

ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ling: hey long time no see =). Thanks for the advice. About the hair, you're right, i went a bit crazy on the shape. But i had fun. I'll work on something more plausible next time.
    Blanq: thanks for the tips. I use ps 7 so i don't know if they're available on this version. I'll look for them. (the cs versions and painter 9 won't run on this comp... too slow)
    Zacharybear: héhé
    Deselect: thanks!!
    Brendan: thanks! i already saw his tutorials and since i keep on going there to clarify a few points. I'll keep doing so 'till i'm confortable about colors.

For today, just some practice. Started Idiot apathy's peer project exercices. it's pretty interesting. At first, when i did the grayscale/color exercice, i though that i had to add white to the light zone of the object, but then i realise that a more saturated color works better. The object doesn't reflect the white of the light source but reflects only the color it is made of (the red) and absorbs all the other colors. The highlight would be there depending on the nature/texture of the object. Here, since the sphere is kindof hard, there's a small direct reflection from the light source.
    I'm still confused about a few points, i hope things will be clearer as i continue to the other exercies.

The pencil is refed from an insomania photo Phil holland did. It doesn't really look like the actual pic..but oh well, i had fun with it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright.. i'll stop spamming now...*goes back drawing*

• Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25