Follows
    Following
    A lot of work! Always very nice Dan, continue

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Alex: thanks, i think i'll do more and more weird characters like that.
    Pencilator: no problem my friend, you're welcome :]
    archi: yeah, it hurts sooooo bad. try your best to never get this thing. thanks
    chris: haha thanks dude
    Onnophris: thanks !
    Sedig: thanks! they coming !
    mat: ca vient merde ! casse couille sui la
    aph: thanks !!
    kyle: good good, just let me know when you want to chat. Thanks !
    matt: hummmm sure, lol let me know !
    gibsini: Im glad you like it
    bren: thanks dude !
    spade: aahh, a revenant 0_0 thanks ! lol
    clodioz: hehe thanks !
    barts: what funkshion said :] not to be mean either, but i dont really bother if someone doesnt like my stuff, cause well.. yeah. thanks tough
    nethus: thanks monsieur ! gotta pay you a visit soon
    mat: hehe... *burp*
    towy: merci mec !

okok, just more of the previous page... :/

Attached Images Attached Images        

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DanielC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol i never said i didnt like your stuff at all, and you can
    just brush me aside whatever i just gave my two cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...ur obviously one of the best pencil artist around here! amazing! i can learn a lot by just looking at them!
    There's one thing, ur so good with pencils, i think you will hardly get any better from here, it would be good for you to do some other stuff, take paint, markers, ink whatever and make a mess, i would really love to see what would happen then! Get out of the safe corner your in and alllow yourself to make mistakes and stuff and after that it will probably also improve your pencil work again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn i just wrote a great reply and then my wireless 'net disconnected so i am now writing this.
    the and work with which you provide are fantastic and i must demand more as they are very addictive, so anyway keep up the crazy work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude just thought I'd apologies i realize now
    that i came across the totally wrong way and
    I'm sorry for that, i really do like your art.

TB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you shouldnt have to feel sorry for having an opinion. your reply wasnt even bashing his work, because you said that you see he has alot of skill and told him to keep up the good work. he should have responded like "yea ive been influenced by wes" or maybe "no this is my own style and its how i like to draw."

either way i like your drawings dan

i also want to say funkshion shouldnt be talking for other people, i personally find it rude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, here's a crit so if you don't want to hear an honest opinion, you can discard all of this.

What bugs me the most about your work is that I know you could do so much better than this. To me it feels like you learned some tricks from other artists in the past and you use them to kind of shine up the surface of your drawings. Where are the studies? Where are the experimentations? I'm not even sure how much fun you are having with your current work because you're just drawing the same kind of stuff from your head over and over again. Doesn't that get boring?
    Then again, I might be wrong since there may be a lot of stuff you haven't scanned for us to see. But the thing I find very sad is that you have tons of potential and yet it seems to me you stopped improving at some point.
    I'm sorry if I sound rude. All of this seems so out of place with all the surrounding asspattery... I might regret saying all this afterwards... But this really is how I feel about your work. You can ignore all of this and resort to that how it's all the same whether people like your work or not. But I wouldn't recommend it if you were the constantly improving artist!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruuhkis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, dont get me wrong, im not saying im not paying attention to crits, opinion and such, it's just that when it's getting about what i like to draw (which it is what it's all about here), i will most likely pick my taste, not someones else's or the majority because they like it.
    Yeah, i had and have influences, like everybody else, but right now im trying my best to get into my own universe, whether it looks like someone else's or not (which in either case, is not voluntary).
    You don't have to feel sorry or rude dude, you said what you thought and whether its a negative or a positive, it's an opinion among many many other (which i can or cannot satisfy and am not willing to since nobody knows what I've lived and therefore what i want).
    I don't care if the majority doesn't like what i do or does, I draw because i've always drawn in my life and will not change my interest, habit or anything about what i like to do because of people i don't even know. I already have my priorities and images to draw.
    And yes, I'm planning on getting in the concept art industry, which means drawing crap for morons or the opposite, doing ships, weapons, monsters, enviros, having a deadline, etc etc. I know will have to draw stuff i dont like and so on, and at some point i won't have any choice and i'm completely aware of that. But I'm not building a portfolio here...
    Actually, there, i'll put some of these in the next update if that's what you want to see for your own eyes (and my pleasure?).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DanielC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I think Dan has done a good job building upon his influences and setting himself apart. 50 bucks says I'd recognize one of his drawings any day of the week, and that's a bit more than a lot of artists on here can say .

Dude I think this stuff is pretty damn great as always, you've got a great imagination and you're building up an awesome visual style. The dude with the beast coming from his stomach is killer.
    Show us more man!
    cheers!

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you Daniel, were a self tought artist,,, and to reach your goal you had to look for influences,,,
    and its not bad,,, everybody must have influences,,, we are 6 billions and a half of people in this world,,, we cant be unic...

anyway,, nice update!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A bit late into this discussion, but...

Doyle', I'm not sure if you've been following this sketchbook properly cuz Daniel has been posting life drawing -->studies<--- and he's recently got his hands on a tablet and has really tried to push his colours digitally, i can personally vouch for that. so in the mist of all this you claiming that he's not experimenting or pushing himself further just comes off to me as a baseless attack.

Did you know Daniel is studying Architecture? Now this is purely my assumption, but if you draw buildings at school everyday wouldn't you want to draw things from imagination in your spare time?

Not trying to be a angry fanboy or anything but it just surprised me how these comments just appeared now, of all times.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Inresting post, glad to hear your thoughts, keep at it and enjoy your drawing as much as you can. I sure will.

*Bellyman was cool.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope you people won't hate me for my comment, this thing had been growing in the back of my head for some time and it needed to be let out..heh. And Daniel, when I read that post I wrote just now it does seem a little angry...I went a little extreme there I think. But to sum it all up, I just wanna see you do your big shot...reach full potential! Ya know?
    It might not seem that way, but I really really don't want to be the bad guy
    It was interesting to hear your thoughts on this one.

Last edited by ruuhkis; January 22nd, 2008 at 02:09 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow. I LOve this stuff. You got tons of skills and I will look for this thread for inspiration. And you got some stars, how 'bout that sir?

I see you got some tough love a bit further up. Might be good for you, and you seem to reflect well on the matter.

Keep it up C

Please take the time to give me some constructive criticism in my Sketchbook

Coinpurse is offline fishing for boots... Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, love this page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of those sketches have gone into creepy land - must be reflecting your mood? Be of good cheer! I missed you Saturday....so much! hehehe Drop me a line soon, you f'n genius!

"It's worth the grief." - Greg Manchess

--SSG #46--
    Blaz | MarkWinters | petitemistress | sfa | Shmaba

Sketchbook • Website • Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drama in DanLand?! awesome updates m8....MORE COLORS AGAIN!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you are an awesome artiest bro, don't stop what your doing not for any one or any thing, if i end up being half as good as you i think i will be able to die happy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL! hate it or love it!

i know your stuff since your first sb D, and all the influences iīve ever seen where a bit of charest and wes , but thatīs history long time ago. your definately found your own kingdom to play in , and itīs so intriguing i check every update even if i donīt reply everytime i must confess

because i find myslef asskicked on my drawing table again.

barts and doyle have guts writing this down. i would be really gald to hear every negative thought someone can come up with by looking at my stuff.

yet i can also fully understand your opinion of having fun with it also. your sketchbook oozez full of fun and yet serious master studies or lifedrawings.

but one thing i can say is for sure is , that deadlines and predetermined character descriptions really can make you go nuts , but youīll learn more in the end than you would have been able to do by drawing only what you like. ..

for example: " hey i know now how the new an trendy versace boots for women do look like (like i ever wanted to know it that exactly..pffft) because i had to draw them for some client. but i can mix them with the converse allstars iīve used to draw before all the time.... blah blah

loved the soldier coming out of the dark blue btw, awesome rendering and succesfull creation of atmosphere in it.

let the goodies flow bro!

aviable for fulltime and freelance

http://alexpascenko.blogspot.de/

TOOLED! is offline lvl 5 magic scud missile Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whatever i was going to say has been said, great studies and progress

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfTheSun View Post
    i also want to say funkshion shouldnt be talking for other people, i personally find it rude.
    And you don't know who you're talking to - end of argument.

Doyle isn't off base.. I've told Daniel the same thing every now and then.. He sometimes does less than the best he can do, for whatever reason.
    Hell... maybe if everyone replying to his sketchbook would ask him to, he'd push one out of every ten drawings or so to its end, as far as he can push it. That would be a very good step forward, and I think Daniel knows it. You can only grow so big inside a small pond. Time to swim with the bigger fishes and start poppin out finished drawings Dan. You might not get it right the first time, but then that's just how it works: How did you go from the very beginning to where you are now? Did you just start drawing stuff as great as these last sketches right off the bat? Imagine if back then you'd tried to do (e.g.) that big A3 (or A2) study with the three chicks standing on the edge of a patio? But you got there eventualy, and you've come far enough now to start working towards more polished or completely finished conceptual sketches.

And btw

Last edited by Funkshion; January 21st, 2008 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe I am missing out on some subtle sarcasm but that was the most hypocritical comment I ever read, heh.

Ignore these people Daniel, when I look at your work I see a brilliant mind and unlimited potential, I honestly cannot understand how people can think your ideas are going stale, last couple of updates are your best drawings yet,

Ignore these jerks and keep drawing amigo!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfTheSun View Post
    you shouldnt have to feel sorry for having an opinion. your reply wasnt even bashing his work, because you said that you see he has alot of skill and told him to keep up the good work. he should have responded like "yea ive been influenced by wes" or maybe "no this is my own style and its how i like to draw."

either way i like your drawings dan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shit.. i gotta go sleep i have school tomorrow just for an hour. Ill come back with even more colors.
    Crits more than welcome!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome painting Dan. Your growth over the months is great to watch. Aced the lighting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh geez i love that painting! i like the blue highlights on his face makes it a bit more dramatic. verry nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great brushes-where'd you get them
    crits on the last one.
    Colour wise your shadows are very brown, think more purple brown then just brown. Also get more hues in there, when you look at skin it is many different colours, pinks, reds oranges etc. Maybe practicing a self portrait in colour could help/

also, get some highlights in there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are SO reminding me to practice shading... and actually drawing something cool :|

This may sound strange but that was a compliment

Greetz,

Writero

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great painting, very caravaggio awesome!
    the folds in the pants are great too.
    The glass on the helmet looks a litte desaturated and monotone though...

oh, and as if you owe those motherfuckers anything??
    I dont get it, you are a role model in this community for how to get things done.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't listen to them...you've done plenty of studies..you've posted them!

(people need to look through your whle book before opening their mouths)

and as for your style, yeah i can def pick your work out from anyone else.

youve got nothing to worry about.

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 21