It all needs improvement.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It all needs improvement.

Hi everyone, my name is Tony Figueroa and here are two pages from work in progress Wrestler Zero. If asked what aspect of my artwork needs improvement I'd say: all of it.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think its a good layout. The poses of your characters in some of the panels seem a bit contorted though.

Also the building's surface, if that is a building in panel one, seems out of place with the multi directional hatching.

I like the contrast of your inking though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not really a fan of the way you've done the backgrounds, I prefer a coloured background, it can still be dark but allows the viewer to seen the blackness of the characters, your shading also seems to make the characters appear to be covered in some sort of liquid.

You also broke one of the many rules of comics when you show the guy tripping over, you should'nt show a point of impact unless it's going to be prolonged, you always see either just before or just after.

cheerio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks to you both for well thought out critiques. I make no excuses for bad work on my part. In the first panel on the first page I was unsure how to render the texture on the wall without losing the figure in front of it. Any suggestions? I agree with the observation that the characters look like they're covered in some liquid metal. That had never ocurred to me before. I will streamline my inking on the figures. I very much like high contrast black and white artwork. Here's two more pages.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Couple of things about that last page - it's hard to tell whose eyes those are in the middle of the page (at least, I have no idea). And did the angry victim quickly grow a beard in one page? Confusing. I think the panel where the guy trips and falls is ok - you're not supposed to show the point of impact of a punch or something, but a trip-and-fall? I think that showing the impact reads best. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The eyes in the middle of the page belong to a character I established earlier in the comic. I went back to my originals and added the beard to the rest of the panels featuring the angry victim, thanks for pointing that out. I showed the moment of impact because I felt it was good storytelling and led into the last panel of him looking at his pursuer who is now in front of him. However, I have no excuses for bad work. Thanks for your critique.Here are two more pages from Wrestler Zero:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.