hey there all! I'm one of the greener artists to hit CA, but it's all good. So far this has been one of the coolest forum sites I've ever seen.

Anyway, without blowing too much smoke up everybodies whatsits, lemme give you a run down of what my brain just barfed up at me.

I'd like to see what some of you can come up with when your listening to some of my tunes. No specific directions or constraints, just let it rip.

(little background)
I'm a musician as well as an artist, and have been making music for almost as long as i've been drawing. sometimes I wonder if one has taken from the other as far as my technical focus, but I haven't been concerned. I think I just like telling stories, without having to actually write one.

Please understand that I'm not trying to sell you anything, or name drop or anything like that. The songs I have put together are free to download, and are yours to listen to for as long as you enjoy them. (that is, of course IF you enjoy them.)

(little description of the songs in question)
Mostly soundtrack or gameaudio sounding stuff, there's a couple of more techno sounding tunes that I'm not particularly fond of, but they're there.

So, if you feel like it, check out a couple of tunes (my favorites are Old Wounds, and Price of Honor), see if anything kinda swims to the surface of your consciousness and demands to be put on paper.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, give me a critique on the songs. Let me know how I can make them better, how they might help you create better, and how I can direct my music writing to better serve the artist community.

Mostly. Just let it ride! At the very least you get ten or twelve tunes (that I think are good), that might help to tide you over until the next good hans zimmer soundtrack release, or, well, whatever.

Here's the website. http://www.garageband.com/artist/MicRas

tell me what you think. I'm really interested in what you have to say.

P.S.

This is really the coolest site I have ever come across. the best hour of the best day of my life when I ran across it. Zero b.s.. To all the administrators and artists on this site; you are truly an inspiration to anyone who ever dared put pencil to paper. I mean....wow. Just....wow.

s'all good.
Mic.