Sketchbook: New Painted(Shaped Red)October -20-2011 - Page 6

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey man, thanks for stopping at my thread, lines are getting better here. More anatomy would be cool to see.

keep working

cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    thanks for the comments , in a hurry now so repliese later,
    umm just a sketch to keep the thread moving.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    nice updates, good movement in your figures...nice sequential page, i want to see more finished...
    take care, and have fun...

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87259

Thanks
    thanks for the comment dimagyan I will try to put more finished stuff, just have to sort myself out.
    Heres a postrait of toulouse a great poster artist of the yesteryears.umm sorryfor the bad scan.

Thanks
    Nice work man, like what's happening. Like the looseness with which you approach these. Clean up your values a bit though, don't let it get too messy.
    Maybe try some life studies of small objects with charcoal - like nuts or tools or anything interesting you can find. Such studies helped me a huge bunch, see if it works for you.

Thanks bro for the support, always.
    ciao!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Hey Bhanu, nice last updates, especially liked post #152, good sense of movement in that sketch and some decent foreshortening, despite a slightly long torso. As for the last update, I think you could use some more control of the medium, some of the shading seems very rough and the lineart looks very scratchy in some parts. Be bold with the strokes, and try to get clean lines mate. Keep those updates coming.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    hey, nice update...i agree latrec was great...for the drawing, i like it, but i see more for ink than pencil only, because is more block in big areas of black abd withe, i don't know just a tought...
    take care...

Thanks
    thanks for the comments guys,
    brendon-I am trying to be more loose witht eh style but the muddied mess that was a ctually because there was actuallya heavy shaded drawing on the next page and the graphite jut good muddied.though I did try to clean it up , it was of no use , hehe. charcoal , well I am not the biggest fan of it but lemme see if I can do something worthwhile with it.
    Sirio brazzi-hey man,I wil try to clean my diaper more sir.hehe more inks than drawing , it does look like that.hehe , thanksm for dropping by.
    SO I am posting without an update , because Ia have an annoucement, Ia m after postign this will go out to buy soem sketchbooks by edgar deags and leanordo da vinvi , now isnt that cool. I also recentnly bough a sketchbook by norman rockwell. great. I am having a great time .I also have some butterflies in my tummy.
    yay.
    Dimagyan-Halo man.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DIMAGYAN
    hey, nice update...i agree latrec was great...for the drawing, i like it, but i see more for ink than pencil only, because is more block in big areas of black abd withe, i don't know just a tought...
    take care...
    i type bad, is supose to be in this way: hey, nice update...i agree latrec was great.
    for your drawing, i like it, but i see more for ink than pencil only, because is more block in big areas of black and withe, i don't know just a tougth...
    take care...

Thanks
    thanks for the clarification dimagyan.

Okay so another teenie weenie announcement this is my last update here.............................................. .................................................. ...................
    before I get my digi cam (Got you worried there didnt I , no I will never leave you guys and will never stop psotign my work here).My scanners a bitch and I think its pointless to waste a long time on bad scans.
    Now the update all ink . no drawing beneath. propotions and anaomty are wobbly .shitty inking , when will I start getting better.
    hopefully soon.

Thanks
    Hey bro!

Dig the last one, nice feel to it!
    Something about the proportions seem a bit off though - something about the arms.
    Just check, I may be wrong.
    Keep on grinding the lead and spilling the ink bro!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Hey bhanu, love the stuff you do with inks, and the ones in markers too. You're achieving really expressive lines!
    This one rocks my socks: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1169634140
    Cheers!

Thanks
    Interesting stuff with the watrcolours...could never really get into them myself. Your figure works improving as well, but just be careful with proportions and bone placement.

Good stuff!

Thanks
    Yeah bhanu, last one turned out nice..Just the arms are a tad long(as already mentioned). Keep it up.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Hey bhanu, you are working it. Lotsa work that's paying off, here. Stay with it.
    There is some great energy here with the post #152. This has some nice gestural folds on the pants that carry across both legs. That attack, trusting the lines you put down, no back tracking on the pencil stroke once set down, will carry you furthur. Wanna see more.

Like the ink because of the graphic blocks of shapes there. Nice face on the girl.

Thanks for the support back in my SB.

Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    You always gets better if you continue to work on it, and since you seem to do that I wouldn't worry - though if you are thinking of going up a level, I think that is more something that the observer can see, rather then the evolving party.

& I like that Ink

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    hey man nice sketchbook you have here! i especially like your marker pieces and watercolour, keep up the great work! i think ill stick around if you dont mind

Thanks
    thanks for the comments guys,
    bren man-my anatomy sucks. workign with burne and loomis on it . thanks for dropping.
    endtroidthe cuteness artist- yay thanks for liking the inkwork I love ink too. thanks frodropping by.
    Mull77- man you gotta do watercolors , they are so sweet .I am workign on my antomy sir. thanks for coming.
    sirio brazzi- thanks ford ropping by . gah this anatomy is killing me. thanks for crits man.
    aztecfireflower- glad you like my work it is all becuse of teh fire your works bring to me. Thanks for the constant support to.
    dan limmita-I hope I am gettign better man though Its not visible to me. I just hope I stay happy drawing thats the msot important thing for me. fun .
    thanks for comin bro.
    Paperx-hey man, glad you like the work here and manI will be mroe than glad if you stick around.
    thanks fr dropping by.
    oh so I am gotta scann more stuff like you already know. but heres something digital donr at artpad.com with a fucking mouse. got bored with it soon though. Iw ill keep trying , might come andy when using a tablet.
    http://artpad.art.com/?jdyrhvy03o4 I hope you like the end result and please see the process and give crits about the process.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    personally I like to draw, but I hate my pieces if I can't make the image pop out from my head onto the paper - so I still dislike most of the things I do, but most of my love comes from getting closer to that far far away goal, I'd call it lofty, and utopian dream, if it wasn't for others peoples work over at CA ~ seeing is believing and I do believe that I'll someday be happy with it.

Though in all this I don't really loath my skills, or what I do - nor do I see progress, as it always feels like a status quo, until I look back. For example these last weeks have been a period where I have challanged myself again and again - and it's like beating your head against a wall for it never gets the way you want it to be; then when I look at what I've done just prior to this I know I've improved, and that greener grass just came a little bit closer.

So where am I going here? well periods where I manage to draw, and don't give up, and yet feel that I can't get where I want are usually the times of the biggest change. While period of personal self masturbation, and constant ass patting, are periods where I love what I create, yet looking back at them now they are even worse then the junk I produce today.

At some point in time I couldn't draw/paint in my cold periods, as I'd just criticise everything to death - but my biggest personal improvement was to learn how to move on, don't dwell on passed mistakes, and just work on in, no regrets nor remorse ~ it's time to kill the next drawing before you can bury ye old.

Now I've probably written a lot, for little - but oh well, I hope you get my point

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    will get back to your comment dan later, right now I am in a hurry
    so for dessert heres another doodle I painted right now
    http://artpad.art.com/?jdysxo15h1jc
    again please crit the result and the process.

Thanks
    hey man thats REALLY REALLY nice. i cant believe u drew the figures with such confidence with a mouse, really really impressive, i need to stop relying on the mouse so much , keep up the great work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Yo bhanu!
    ..sorry i'm not posting alot in here, contrary to my will (does this have sens?)
    Anyway, you're still doing a good and constant work.
    Dunno why the second one the 10th of february reminds me alot of hale/Foster.... maybe because of the bot.
    Keep pushing bro !

Thanks
    thanks for the comment man, your figures are great!

Thanks
    hey guys , Whos is it?????
    Itssssssss jhonny.
    Dan limmata- I gues I understand what you mean.The same happens to me to, but somewhere inside it is fun , I have never been able to apprectiate that are fun in the process , when you are working , nomatter how good the result. It rarely for me "alls well that ends well" the process means and always meant a lot to me. and yes even I dont loathe my skills or my art I love more than anything else.But I believe in evolution too.I believe in the nees to grow and keep growing , thats another thing thats the fuel for my fire.
    and having crests and troughs as part of an artist life is okay with me. I mean yeah there are many times when I draw and draw and all goes to vain. And there are those rosy spring periods when I want to keep drawing. and the fact that sometimes I look back to these drawings and notice that sometimes the ones did in the bad phases are so better than the ones in the spring phase. Some lessons are learnt the hard way. And I think I have made some progress , its doesnt show when I look at my stuff . but It shows when I am doing a drawing which I earlier coudlnt do, a pose or figure that was impossibel for me to handle but looks quite easy now. So i know I have improved but its never upto my expectations.
    I think that most artists think alike like you and I do.
    It was great listenning to you thoughts . Do drop by mroe often man.

PaperX-Hey man,thanks for being here and commenting man. bah you think I draw well with a mouse take a look at this.
    http://watchmedraw.blogspot.com this would blow you away.I think this done by a mouse though I am not sure. and hey you are making good progress with work too.
    take care.

Danielfucker-SO finally you appear .Ahh its okay bro we all know how shit keeps happening in life. Its great to seee you here though. THe pic looks like a foster , hmm I will take it as a great compiment hehe thanks.
    Asoir- hey mna hows life ?I hope good. thanks for dropping by and for the compliment.
    OS today two more online updates.
    http://artpad.art.com/?je0o6y18a6w8
    here is the first opne inspired by akira this it tetsuyo . very wobbly . I just watcged the movie and its the best movie I have ever seen. I did read the manga but the effects in the movie way beyond cool. Great.
    THen I am doing some stuff at ratemydrawings.com
    I will try to psot the direct link lets see if this works.
    http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawin...ons/38608.html
    take care.

Thanks
    hey man thanks for the link! I reckon his stuff ain't that much more impressive than yours
    anyhow regarding the newest updates, i still think your line work with the mouse is pretty impressive but it might be a bit hard to colour with it, the final result after colouring, to me, is not as good as just the line art. maybe just try hatching the shadows in, maybe like manga style, black and white before you can get more control with a tablet to colour
    keep up the great updates!

Thanks
    Hey bro, nice job on the art.com pics. Last one is particularly good. Perhaps try stopping once you are done with the linework. You seem a bit uncomfortable with the colouring part - perhaps leave it once you have completed the linework?
    Good stuff in anycase, getting more and more confident each time.

ciao bro!

- d.

Brendan Noeth

Thanks
    Oh man it has been way to long. Gotta say I love the progress man, every time i visit theres visible improvement! great!
    Great movement and energy in these recent updates, good job on that! Plus shading is getting a good lift, I mean just look at the robot one in post 147! Splendid!
    Gotta compliment the portraits too, those are just super. Your good with faces! No crits.
    All good man, its all good! Continue like this and you're star!

Father Christmas will mess you up.
    Deviantart-page
    its my SKETCHBOOK! first page last page

Thanks
    Hey guys thanks for the replies
    PaperX-WOah you compared him to me thats a compliment . a big one at that.I gotta work moer on my coloring man. Its sucks pretty bad. thanks for dropping by.
    Bren-Man cant start postiong with you guys. I will do mroe linework sir as you tell me.
    Orifice-TIs always good to see you here.glad you liked the stuff.I maybe a star someday but you are a star now.
    UUpdates
    mouse sucky drawings I suck at them I suck at them so much some one please help me.
    http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawin...ure/38904.html

http://www.ratemydrawings.com/drawin...ons/38951.html

Thanks
    these are getting much much better dude keep it up

Thanks
    Hey guys its so cool to see my fave artists posting their comments here,
    jens- hey man its a pleasure to see you here.yeah alcide's stuff is top nothc hes on another level.we can just see it in the stokes , not single stroke is wasted.Me is justa big old boob err i mean noob. Gthanks for the advice amn, take care.
    Koppa-Thanks for droping by my man. Glad you liek the stuff.
    SO todays update has a sketch for the logo of our group blog see the sig. I really want this project to go well, and i know it will.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 8