Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: New Painted(Shaped Red)October -20-2011

Thanks
    Nice progress dude!

Would like to see more line drawing like the bear, maybe try and vary the line a but more according to the light.

cheers, keep it up
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 766 Posts

sucky CHOWY

Thanks for the comments guys,
    Breanman-thanks for the warning about the environment. It got really scuky. I kept it simple this time.Now , please rip it apart .I mean b your crits.
    Shinryu- Hey man, I do a lost of line drawing like the bear but I think I am just to lazy to post them.
    SO heres the final CHOW.Sucky wookie baby.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Nice work on that bear.
    But the line in the white highlight in the middle of the pic makes the armor too flat. I'm being picky i know, but if you could vary the highlight a bit, the overall shape would be much better.
    Also don't forget reflected light !

Thanks
    Hey bhanu,

You've got a great character for the CHOW. Line work is really good. The final render works, but a suggestion: I think one thing that would help in the immedieate read is the value compostition. The values as it stands are kinda competeing for the eye. So, it's not easy for the eye to see one shape from another. Check it out by squinting. Can you distinguish forms clearly? That's a very important preliminary for any piece.
    Was reading a comment from Scott Robertson in Concept Design 2 and he wrote: "Everyone's brains work the same in that forms are percieved by value changes."
    With this fact, I am also learning to use value to contribute to the impression of a piece. It is even more important when creating a mood.

Keep at it 'cause you are showing us some great progress.
    Figure's 'n' Stuff SketchBook

Charcoal Paintings

BLOG!

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."-Thomas A. Edison

"Convention is craft. Invention is art. In art, knowledge assists invention"-John E. Carlsson

Thanks
    Hey bhanu.
    Great work here, you're improving a LOT, especially with your knowledge of colour theory.

I have some tips in regards to working with acrylics.

How large are you working? I'm asking because it's really a bitch to work with something detailed and small with acrylics. Rendering fur in an 11x14 drawing in acrylics? Hahahahahaha. hell no.

What I do with my acrylics, is I usually go over some parts with a pencil once they're done to add further definition.

Keep it up man!

P.S.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1173250427
    awsome
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    DAneil-thanks for the crit bro. yeah the armor need some more highligh to make it tend toward rounded form.And also the point of reflectind light is valid. But I think I got a bir bored by the peice. I dont think conept art if for me. And most drawing which dont ahve a story to tell g et boring quite fast. And hey I worked on this for hours. I will thought try to take care about values more from now on but I want to keep the peice undisturbed.Take care bro.

Aztcfireflower-Hello Aztc,
    Its great to see you posting again Where were you ? Oh lemme guess, in the studio burning the midnight oil. Thanks for the crit. You know can you help with this , the thing is when I am working at a peice I soemtimes get so involved in the details that I forget the bigger shapes and the peice even though is not technically a peice of shit , it still looks umcomfortable to look at. Hmm I just squinted at my peice and now I ant distinguish the for hmmmmmmmmm. what does that say about the painting? I am still a noob with values . values.................
    ANd yeah please update soon. ANd take care

Bunny-Hey bunny, cool to see you in my pages. YOu think I am improving ....I think I am not well thats somethign else I guess.I work really small A4 printer paper size. I wanna do some big paintings though. SOme thing liek aorund a2 printer paper. ANd yeah Rendering fur samll was hell It didnt cme out all furry even after I put so much into it. And working with lead on acrylics? Hmm now that sounds interesting. Thankd for the advice, will be much useful.Take care
    Update time
    feeling blank right now. I want to really o some creative shit but its just blank......................
    did ths last night , was really trying the portray soem raw energy , but shit I get caught up in details and I am neither here nor there.The proportions are intentionally exagerrated pssssssfffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    not much more to say.
    Last edited by bhanu; March 19th, 2007 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks
    ur getting a lot better mate, man ur doing crows as well bugger

Thanks
    hey man sorry for missing so many updates, the chow piece is pretty good altho i would suggest more different colours and maybe reading up on some colour theory before jumping fast into painting

Thanks
    One thing I found is that contrary to watercolor where the tendency is to have watered down and dull pale colors, acrylic seems to be the opposite and I must admit I quite like it. Strong colors makes me feels good most of the time. Your last piece is a tremendous effort. So many figures and conveys a lot of rage. Do you like Goya?. I would avoid black to be replaced by a mixture of darkcolors but I know some people dont mind at all. Good job and keep posting (I know you will).
    My Concept art SKETCHBOOK

My TSOFA sketchbook

Painting is just like an after-dinner speech. If you want to be remembered, say one thing and stop. -Hawthorne

Thanks
    Koppa -Thanks for dropping by mate. errr didnt get what you were saying"man ur doing crows as well bugger " still thanks for coming.And btw I think AUstralia is doing great at the cricket world cup.
    PaperX- Thanks for the advice. I am still a noob with acrylics , so for now I Am not much going in dynamic lighting and all.Thanks for dropping by man ,will
    be dropping at your thread right after this .
    SOlon-Hello , its a pleaseure to see my idol visiting my thread sir. Yeah mes love acrylics too. They are very mcuh opposites to watercolors and I love them both for being so different. GLad you liked the update, I wanted to convey a lot of motion, emotion, anger and all. ANd I love black too. ANd Btw I am fan of goyas work. Especially his black paintings. An yeah , will keep posting , I hope you keep posting too.

aNd btw I think this might be my last scanned painting. Ya see I just got myself a digi cam. Hell yeah. And I am also going to start painting bigger.Ets see hos that goes.
    heres the update a badly done llovely painting.

Thanks
    Hey man-
    Even if you don't think you're improving, you ARE indeed improving, and it's good to see you keep trying your best. And, seriously? Don't put yourself down. Even if you think you've totally fucked up a project and you've invested hours and hours into it, at the very least you should have learned something from it.

Anyway, that being said, I think it's time you did a big fat study. Paint/draw something, anything, and put lots and work and effort into it. It seems you're doing a lot of 'quick' work, and not being too satisfied with the results. Do a master study, or a still life, and invest as much effort/time as you can in it. I think you'll learn a lot. And, really, the end result is only worth so much compared to what you learn while doing a big project
    As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 543 Posts
    hey bhanu..i owed u one..
    dude, sharp your pencils.
    watch the lighting
    create volume with render and background melting
    study life
    but especially, sharp your pencils alittle more, you need to escape the slappy look of the sketches..
    draw the lines loose, let them flow
    practice curved lines and curved hatching..
    oh, and
    unless u show me some finalised pencil renders, i will kick your ass now get to it, private!

Thanks
    Bunny-Ha , Well most of my acrylic attempts have taken more than 3 -4 hours(except for the last two). YOu know what I know I am learning a lot every time. I am thinking of doing some master studies. And life studies too , actually I was just trying out some experiments with the faster studies .Noe I am gonna start putting more hours, also the fact that I have wuite less patience, but I think on that front I am getting better.I am gaining more patience. SO yeah by your advice , I am gonna do big fat studies , that will take days ,hell yeah.
    SLayer-
    sharp my pencils.
    watch the lighting
    create volume with render and background melting
    study life
    but especially, sharp your pencils alittle more, you need to escape the slappy look of the sketches..
    draw the lines loose, let them flow
    practice curved lines and curved hatching..
    oh, and
    unless u show me some finalised pencil renders, i will kick your ass now get to it, private!
    aye aye captain.I 'll make sure that you find a good numbers of pencil renders when you come back.

Okay so now I have to do big fat master studies and a whole lotta pencil renderings. I am aye excited.
    SOrry for the spam post , but I thought the crits were pretty spot on , and I needed to reply.

Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast